• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

RJS13 Foodie Thread

canned mushrooms are for people who put steak on ketchup. you poor bastards simply don't know any better.

giphy_1.gif

I have a bag of dried Morels (spelling?) I got from a good friend, that is also a chef. I haven't tried them yet, but I am going to save them for steaks, or a roast. I have enough, according to him, for 3 or 4 applications, so I'll try them in a couple of ways. Maybe a demi glaze on a nice London broil.

Make sure that you boil them first - do NOT use them dry as they come. Boil them and you'll see why. Also, when you boil them you can use that water (after you strain it!) to make a great sauce or stock! Soak them in red wine for a few hours then sautee them. Morels are my favorite mushroom and I buy the pound at Northwest Wild Foods https://nwwildfoods.com/product/fresh-frozen-morel-mushrooms/ and use them often. But again, don't use them dry out of the bag. It will tell you so in the instructions.

The grocery store I go to has pork tenderloin dirt cheap too. Picked five up and added them to the freezer family. Well minute the two I sacrificed to the crockpot :cool:

I grill a tenderloin and then slice it thin and serve it on these little baguettes I get with apple butter. Awesome. Also can be done with caramelized onions instead of apple butter. Pork tenderloin is cheap and a great cut as long as you don't overcook it. Take it off the heat when it hits 155

I'd rather be a happy eater and enjoy the food and/or company than a food snob that ruins a wonderful meal somebody prepared because a minute detail like canned mushrooms were used. And no need to call people that choose canned mushrooms over jarred or plastic wrapped containers "poor bastards".

I mean seriously, food Hitler? That's how you look at people that eat something you don't like, Mariah? With contempt and think of them as "poor bastards"? Listen Mussolini of mushrooms, just because somebody chooses something different that you don't like doesn't make them bastard. It makes you a Food Hitler. And Hitler wasn't a very nice person, you know. Hitler brought ugliness to the world and death and destruction. You terrible, mean food Hitler MM.

Make sure that you boil them first - do NOT use them dry as they come. Boil them and you'll see why. Also, when you boil them you can use that water (after you strain it!) to make a great sauce or stock! Soak them in red wine for a few hours then sautee them. Morels are my favorite mushroom and I buy the pound at Northwest Wild Foods https://nwwildfoods.com/product/fresh-frozen-morel-mushrooms/ and use them often. But again, don't use them dry out of the bag. It will tell you so in the instructions.
Farm raised Morels??? If I'm going to spend that much I'm getting fresh. No need tho since I get enough during April to last me the entire year right out my back door. No need to boil them either, just rehydrate in a cool water bath for an hour or 2 and they are ready for any dish ;)

IMG_20180805_085508.jpg

tenor_1.gif

Isn’t this the RJS Foodie thread? The only thing she is qualified to critique is a tube steak smothered in underwear.

Eat what you want, but canned mushrooms suck.
As far as morels are concerned, I live in Florida and to my knowledge morels don't grow here so I have no choice to buy them. I do buy them frozen and NOT dried which is a huge difference. I've had fresh many times in France and Montreal and of course that's the ideal way to get them.

And to the fascist that always claims to have me on ignore, you sure seem to see everything I post. Funny how THAT works. And I know you are all for eliminating free speech that doesn't jibe with your way of thought, but take a gander at MY foodie thread and see where I found out who RJS13 is in the first place. Trolling posts out of the blue. At least I'm contributing something to HIS thread. As someone who proudly stated that he doesn't try new foods and sticks to what he eats all the time, your input in a foodie thread is irrelevant. Go to your P&R thread and spew some white nationalist crap with your comrades. Talk about comparing someone to Hitler.

Nice bounty right there, my man! Is that all in one weekend or actually throughout the month of April?
2 days forage worth, about 4hrs total time. Once I sun dried them I put them in freezer zips. They store very well in the freezer ;)

Damn. Nice! I need to ask my uncle what the hell is wrong with him lmao

He usually gets enough to last him through the summer maybe into fall from what I see of his collecting. But he usually gives away a bunch to family and friends. In fact come think of it I didnt get any this year. Hold that thought :1orglaugh

Damn. Nice! I need to ask my uncle what the hell is wrong with him lmao

He usually gets enough to last him through the summer maybe into fall from what I see of his collecting. But he usually gives away a bunch to family and friends. In fact come think of it I didnt get any this year. Hold that thought :1orglaugh

I have an old apple orchard(unkept) where Morels grow by the thousands. The love to grow around apple trees and elms, dunno why.

Because you basically have a mini rainforest with them orchards. All that humidity and moisture, plus nutrients to grow the morels provide excellent Breeding grounds. It spreads north or so as well depending how the layout is, if I remember right.

Because you basically have a mini rainforest with them orchards. All that humidity and moisture, plus nutrients to grow the morels provide excellent Breeding grounds. It spreads north or so as well depending how the layout is, if I remember right.
Ya, its always wet/damp out there. In the fall it smells like a cider mill with all the apples and leaves on the ground. I wish they made an airfreshner of Michigan Fall, nothing like it. ;)

Speaking of cider, its looking like its gonna get drunk out tonight :D
ezgif-3-fd43693752.jpg

I picked a whiskey up to, brother! I have Dr. Pepper instead. What movie you have going on with that bottle?

I picked a whiskey up to, brother! I have Dr. Pepper instead. What movie you have going on with that bottle?

Nice ;)

Thinking is gonna be a music night. Listening to some old school thrash tryna learn this song on geetar ;) If I watch something it prolly gonna be a few episodes of Hells Kitchen I Dvr'd ;)

Nice. What thrash you listening to?

Have you caught the new Ramsay show 24 hours or whatever called? That's hilarious they found a dead mouse in the fucking bagel toaster :eek: :rofl2:

Nice. What thrash you listening to?

Have you caught the new Ramsay show 24 hours or whatever called? That's hilarious they found a dead mouse in the fucking bagel toaster :eek: :rofl2:
Actually, that's the show I was talking about, 24 hours where he goes around in a semi. The fucker has so many shows going on its crazy. The preview the other day looked good/gross AF. He at some restaurant called Sherman's or some shit??