• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

RJS13 Foodie Thread

Little Dollar Insta-Potatoes? Can we get these at the Family Dollar? The General Dollar? Dollar General? Rexal Drugs? They come in a frozen bag, right?

I don't know. They're 10 for 10 at my grocery store. Non perishable, dry food section.

Attachments

• caf450625b7addddce4c5ec601d18deb--instant-potatoes-idaho-potatoes.jpg
    caf450625b7addddce4c5ec601d18deb--instant-potatoes-idaho-potatoes.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 84

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
I didn't know it was an instant mash because I had this image of a bag of roasting potatoes already seasoned. If this kind of product isn't around now now then it will soon be. I am not familiar with the potato cases.

Yes. Boil couple cups of water mix the potatoes and get a nice serving for thst little sucker. I usually add more butter to mine. Not bad. It beats peeling and prepping for real mashed potatoes given the fact I am nuking some frozen Salisbury steak patties.

Stouffer's lasagna is really good. Veg and meat both. To do it right is to cook it EXACTLY as the package says in the oven with the family or party size. Them individual sizes in the micro or oven just aren't the same.
Gordon's also has their store brand lasagna that's damn good if you have one in the area. About the same price as Stouffers family size $13.99. But sadly, I'd have to agree with haysoff or whatever he's calling himself now. If you have the time pitch in the extra couple of bucks and make it home made. The frozen is good but I still doctor it with x-cheese. Never enough cheese :(

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I can't get enough seafood pasta right now. Anyone else go through phases where they binge on a certain thing for awhile?

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Movie snack

I had to click and see that large; meal worms. My chickens love those.

I can't get enough seafood pasta right now. Anyone else go through phases where they binge on a certain thing for awhile?

Definitely, I take food things in spells. When my oldest daughter came to visit around the 4th of July we were on a tamale kick, and other things of a Mexican nature, eat up for a while, move on to something else.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
For bourbon to be bourbon, I do believe it has to be aged a minimum of 3 years in virgin charred oak barrels...but I'm not sure if it has to be a specific type of oak, or if they use different types of oak to achieve that flavor. If you like that vanilla flavor, and you don't mind dropping half a hundred, "Rabbit Hole" is a wonderfully smooth small batch, that has a slight vanilla finish.

Hey man, a big thank you for pointing me towards Bourbon. I put a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black on the back burner while I burned through a bottle of Old Crow and a bottle of Evan Williams. I finally got back around to the Johnnie Walker, and it just ain't got the same luster, and for half the money I got twice as much, win/win!

Despite being bbq. They were plain tasting. Not like the cinnamon insects.

Despite being bbq. They were plain tasting. Not like the cinnamon insects.

Its my go-to bait for panfish but never tasted. The smell of the live ones in the container is enough to turn anyone off. :(

These are dried and I am guess in a very bland bbq coating.

No smell like the taste. I'm glad they were free for me lol

Before I read everything I thought it was $44 a little pack. :1orglaugh nooooI I would have sold the pack dammit!

Ehh, Mexican spice I might try. But almost 2 bucks for a plain tasting snack isn't worth it. Good for the check off food I ate list, though.

Cookwear Trivia: Have you ever wondered what the pointy things are on the underside of a cast iron lid? Without using Google what purpose do they serve? To inflict more damage when you hit someone over the head will not be accepted.

51fu4_P7hz-_L._AC_SY400.jpg

I actually do not have any lids for my cast irons. But I'll take a shot in the dark...

If it touches the meat does it help tenderize while cooking somehow?

If it doesn't touch meat does it help somehow with balancing of heat?

Those are my guess now I'm going to look it up lol

I actually do not have any lids for my cast irons. But I'll take a shot in the dark...

If it touches the meat does it help tenderize while cooking somehow?

If it doesn't touch meat does it help somehow with balancing of heat?

Those are my guess now I'm going to look it up lol

Nope, I thought that to ;)

I looked it up and wish I changed back to one thing in second guess. I never saw the spikes before. But I remember my uncle has a lid with no spikes but it's for a huge skillet you can fix a whole breakfast on :D

I looked it up and wish I changed back to one thing in second guess. I never saw the spikes before. But I remember my uncle has a lid with no spikes but it's for a huge skillet you can fix a whole breakfast on :D

I don't remember the really old cast irons to have the pointy things. I'm guessing a design change 20-30yrs ago because that's about how old mine are and they have points. :dunno: