• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Rap "Music" Sucks

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Yeah.. That still is not an answer. If you dont want to answer it you guys could at least copy and paste from wikipedia like a normal person would do.

And just who do you refer to as "you guys"? I already posted earlier that, of course, rap is an art form (guess you didn't bother to read it?) but then again so are the "works" of Yoko Ono and Tiny Tim. Just because it qualifies as "art" doesn't mean it has any real redeeming social value. I'd put rap in that category. If you and others here who seem to be so friggin' sensitive over the fact that not everyone in the whole fucking world is enamored with "your music", well....then that's just too fucking bad. Grow and layer of skin and move on for Christ's sake.

Sparky's post basically said the same thing I just said except a lot shorter.

And I am STILL waiting for your response to my PM.

I was going to post the same message. I know it's hard to believe now, but rock and roll went through the same bull shit.

Not for over 20 some-odd years it didn't. Rap has been around since the mid to late 80s if I recall correctly. Rock 'n' roll was mainstream by the early 60s.

JayJohn85

Banned
The only way to settle this is a East Coast vs West Coast Freeones board war.

What about non americans ahh what the hell I suppose I could determine that on whatever faction of the brotherhood of steel I like best.

Honestly, who cares what you think Jagger? Oh no, I better stop listening the music I like because Jagger69 on the FreeOnes message boards thinks it sucks. :eek:

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
Not for over 20 some-odd years it didn't. Rap has been around since the mid to late 80s if I recall correctly. Rock 'n' roll was mainstream by the early 60s.

Mainstream or not,it still had-and has-the power to scare the shit out of people.

....and every once in awhile,it still does.

Just because it qualifies as "art" doesn't mean it has any real redeeming social value. I'd put rap in that category.
Setting aside the question of whether it has "redeeming social value" or not (as it clearly does in many cases), what would that have to do with it? Art need only be a deliberate arrangement of things in order to affect some sensory perception in people.

I don't know what qualifies for mainstream but rap had gotten as far as being used in many movie soundtracks by the early 90s.:2 cents:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Honestly, who cares what you think Jagger? Oh no, I better stop listening the music I like because Jagger69 on the FreeOnes message boards thinks it sucks. :eek:

I never once intimated that any of you should stop listening to it. By ll means....have at it. I was expressing an opinion. Some people here DO care what I think by the way. If you're not one of them....doesn't mean a thing to me.

Setting aside the question of whether it has "redeeming social value" or not (as it clearly does in many cases), what would that have to do with it? Art need only be a deliberate arrangement of things in order to affect some sensory perception in people.

Evidently, you weren't following the thread. Some here were asking for an explanation of what "artistic content" means. My response was in direct relation to that question. My point was that art can still be considered "art" even if it has no redeeming social value....that's what it had to do with it.

I don't know what qualifies for mainstream but rap had gotten as far as being used in many movie soundtracks by the early 90s.:2 cents:

Being in a movie soundtrack doesn't make it "mainstream". When I hear gangsta rap being played on an elevator, then I'll consider it to be mainstream.

I'm tired of this subject....those of you who agree with me, thank you. Those who don't....I respect your opinion. We can all choose to like or dislike whatever we want so let's all just move on, OK?

As the OP, I ask that this thread be closed.

Evidently, you weren't following the thread. Some here were asking for an explanation of what "artistic content" means. My response was in direct relation to that question. My point was that art can still be considered "art" even if it has no redeeming social value....that's what it had to do with it.

Being in a movie soundtrack doesn't make it "mainstream". When I hear gangsta rap being played on an elevator, then I'll consider it to be mainstream.

Followed the thread and....uh..never mind.

If elevator music is your mainstream barometer then I guess there goes your mainstream angle. Bearing in mind, there is a WHOLE LOT of rap that isn't laced with vulgarities and profanities....and yes...it has made it to elevators, sports arenas, stadiums etc....:2 cents:

Hell, Martha Stewart even hosts Ludacris....:1orglaugh

Believe me , Rap ain't the same as in the end 90's at all , the end 90's were a great time for Hip-Hop , those were the days when Eminem was still coming through with his twisted alter ego Slim Shady and spitting insane , humouristic and sick lyrics ! Or when Wu-Tang Clan had the game fucking locked down! DMX , was ruling both underground and mainstream , you had awesome underground acts such as Jedi Mind Tricks and Killarmy etc. etc.

If you wanna check out some good new millenium Hip-Hop you should listen to Necro and his entire Psycho Logical clique....
Matter fact , Necro has made an album in 2005 named The Sexorcist that completely applies to this board LOL with featurings of Katja Kassin , Eve Lawrence , Brittany Andrews , Katsumi etc.
An album full of explicit , rough sex talking !

Here's a preview :

Be sure you check out the end , when Eve Lawrence is almost getting an orgasm !

Jesus fuckin' Christ, kid, I just found this on the Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O5YRkjT2Eg&feature=related

And I thought Lil Wyte was talkin' some crazy ass shit. This is just the most vilest joint I have ever heard. When they invented the parental advisery back in the day, they invented it for him. Holy shit....:shocked:

That really means a lot (sniff!) to me mrtrebus!!! I'm deeply touched! :cry:

I don't listen to as much as I used to as a youth, partly cos most these days suck cock and partly cos I'm a bit obsessed with 80's tunes as well as mixing my listening with pop/techno/electro-pop/jazz and such.

Yup, I have wierd musical tastes.

:(

Being a big fan of post-punk, classic rock, newer indie music and not a big fan of hip-hop or rap. I have found myself checking out some the old 80's-early 90's rap on Back-Spin on XM radio. Those songs got drilled in my head back in college and I have come around a bit. Still not a fan of current stuff though, they need to drop the Peter Frampton vocal effects, starting to sound all the same.

[/I]
Being a big fan of post-punk, classic rock, newer indie music and not a big fan of hip-hop or rap. I have found myself checking out some the old 80's-early 90's rap on Back-Spin on XM radio. Those songs got drilled in my head back in college and I have come around a bit. Still not a fan of current stuff though, they need to drop the Peter Frampton vocal effects, starting to sound all the same.

Hell, that's not rap (with those goofy lil wayne vocals). The real rap era ended around '97, period. You still get some stuff here and there, but that was the era of really good stuff. '95, '96, '97 were the best years, IMO.

I don't listen to as much as I used to as a youth, partly cos most these days suck cock and partly cos I'm a bit obsessed with 80's tunes as well as mixing my listening with pop/techno/electro-pop/jazz and such.

Yup, I have wierd musical tastes.

:(

No musical taste is wierd. Just different. :thumbsup:

I don't like rap music either. I would have to agree with Jagger69 for the most part, but everyone has different tastes. It's kind of like women. What one guy thinks is a raving beauty, another guy looks at and just thinks "meh, she's alright".

Fortunately I live in a country where I'm not forced to listen to the garbage.