• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Rap "Music" Sucks

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Sure, rap music sucks dog balls all week long. We all know that.

What sucks EVEN MORE is that you had to bow to the almighty god of "client entertainment" and endure instead of standing up for your own conscience and explain to your client that you were uncomfortable with this venue as a form of business development.

Man, sales jobs suck.

:glugglug::thumbsup::glugglug::bowdown::hatsoff:

The best post in this whole crazy thread! That's EXACTLY right, PG. Nailed it dead on center!!! Rep for you my friend.....

Anybody that doesn't like Christmas in Hollis is just a grumpy old fart.

Anybody that doesn't like Christmas in Hollis is just a grumpy old fart.

Meh...music is very personal stuff. It's very powerful stuff as well, thus why a place like WalMart will not sell parental advisery lyric CDs but peddle vile movies like Scarface and Friday the 13th. Why? Because music is a very powerful medium. I was always blown away by that. It really does speak to the power of music.

It's also very special to me, and I like all genres. Just the way I came up I guess. I listen to literally anything you will throw at me except maybe like some techno shit.

And JS Bach? My god I love classical. You want musical genius? You want to see where the genius of the Beatles derived from? Put some of that on and write a research paper...lovely. Yeah, suck on that...:thefinger

roronoa3000

Banned
LOL...there's the answer you and what's-his-name have been so actively seeking and calling others out for. So succinctly stated I might add! :1orglaugh

Sparky...you rock (not RAP) honey! :thumbsup:

Yeah.. That still is not an answer. If you dont want to answer it you guys could at least copy and paste from wikipedia like a normal person would do.

Yeah.. That still is not an answer. If you dont want to answer it you guys could at least copy and paste from wikipedia like a normal person would do.

haha....

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
What I think is funny is the fact that the very same criticisms,almost word-for-word,were leveled at another form of music waaaay back in its' beginning,as well as sporadically even now.

This music was also blamed for every problem imaginable,and looked upon by the majority (read: older) population as the beginning of the end.

One hint:

Hail,Hail Rock-N-Roll.

:D

What I think is funny is the fact that the very same criticisms,almost word-for-word,were leveled at another form of music waaaay back in its' beginning,as well as sporadically even now.

This music was also blamed for every problem imaginable,and looked upon by the majority (read: older) population as the beginning of the end.

One hint:

Hail,Hail Rock-N-Roll.

:D

I was going to post the same message. I know it's hard to believe now, but rock and roll went through the same bull shit.

What was originally said is that it isnt music nor good music anymore than Nickelback is "good" music...altho it does qualify as music.

And Genre ? what a overused word that is,another word for shitty wanna be music.

id rather listen to my lawn mower running a foot from my ear.

roronoa3000

Banned
What was originally said is that it isnt music nor good music anymore than Nickelback is "good" music...altho it does qualify as music.

And Genre ? what a overused word that is,another word for shitty wanna be music.

id rather listen to my lawn mower running a foot from my ear.

Hopefully you accidently cut your face off.

:rofl2:

You're good for something after all: I had to roll my ass off after reading that. I hope you dropped out of high school 'cause God help us if people like you are going to be running this country some day. :rofl2:

roronoa3000

Banned
:rofl2:

You're good for something after all: I had to roll my ass off after reading that. I hope you dropped out of high school 'cause God help us if people like you are going to be running this country some day. :rofl2:

I graduated high school and I am a senior in college so...
202364080_9c5753a694.jpg

Sparky...in order to appreciate anything you have to have some frame of reference to understand what is going on in whatever you read, look at or listen to.

I don't expect someone 50 or above to EVER be able to understand anything associated with rap music irrespective of race simply because they would have been beyond the phase of their life to be inclined to approach it when the genre started. I don't particularly expect too many in their 40s either..primarily for the same reasons....Early 40s would have put a person in high school when rap first started...maybe they could relate.

But back to the point of artistry, if you don't consider poetic word-smithing and in some cases impromptu poetry..where rhyming succinctly and on time..while conveying a message (in many cases metaphorically) art, then I don't know what to tell you as everyone can't do that.

Just like everyone can't simply sit down and pen poetry.

She wouldn't know "artistic content" if it slapped her across the face.