• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Random rant thread!

At the end of last month I applied for a job at a local manufacturing plant around here. I got tested and I came out perfect and answered all the questions right (I'm glad I brushed up on my math the last few moths), but there were only 5 jobs for around 150 job applicants so it wasn’t by any means a guaranteed thing. There were only 150 applicants because they only allowed applications for 6 hours one day, and it wasn't highly publicized. Because I keep paying attention to things like that I was one of the few people that got there that day. During the presentation they gave and after the testing during the questioning period we had with the person from human resources somebody asked what would happen to the applications of the people that were not hired. The guy said that the company would keep them for a few months and before they took any more applications, if for some reason they had an increase in production they wanted to do, they would go and take people from the applications they already had. I'm glad that woman asked that question then because maybe I will be able to call them out on it.

What ended up happening is they dramatically increased the number of people they want to hire, from 5 to around 45 now. If they would have did what they said they were going to do, they would have just taken people from the first application period they had which means I would have had around a 45/150 chance if it was just random chance. I however tested well which means I would have had a better than random chance and would have had my first chance of landing a decent job in 6 years.

Of course this is me were talking about and like everything else I seemed to get screwed over one way or another. It seems now they are taking more applications and not giving priority to the people that got there first like they said they would. Not only that but the fact they are hiring people made the local news on more than one channel even as far away as 100 miles. That probably means every unemployed person in a great swath of area that can make it is going to go apply over there, and believe me there is a huge number of them. It's a decent job so even a lot of people that have crappy jobs will be there. So instead of me getting a 1/3 (and probably a lot better) chance of getting hired for a good job, I won't be surprised if I now have to compete with over 20,000 for the 45 or so they are going to have. I think they got it on the local news for good PR reasons. Even if I did do well on their test there is no way I'm going to beat out that many people, some who will have more experience in just exactly what they are looking for, out of that enormous amount of people. Who knows, they are having a symposium in a few days where people can ask them some questions. Maybe I can go there and ask them what's up and maybe even embarrass them just enough to get something done but I don't think it will work. It just seems things in my life screw me yet again.

At the end of last month I applied for a job at a local manufacturing plant around here. I got tested and I came out perfect and answered all the questions right (I'm glad I brushed up on my math the last few moths)

I hate those tests. They give a version of one in every job. The whole process of getting a job sucks enough already even with the searching, applying, interviews, background checks, drug tests, etc. Those tests are waste of time, imo.

I had to take one for a job I've been trying to get this past month. It was on a looped computer network. Someone on another terminal logged out incorrectly and it ended up freezing up all the computers in the room. I lost over 2 hours of my work. UGH! I miss the old #2 pencil method of taking tests.

Anyway, good luck getting the job D-rock.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I still can't find my fucking "Cowboys" cd!!!
:mad:

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my sister-in-law will not shut the fuck up!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE SHOOT ME IN THE FUCKING HEAD PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my sister-in-law will not shut the fuck up!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE SHOOT ME IN THE FUCKING HEAD PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever you do don't send her out to get some food. It would be a bad thing if the car's breaks accidentally gave out. ;)

im still amazed how one little thing can put you in a shitty mood, but one little thing cant put you into a great mood. :dunno: