• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Playstation 3 vs Xbox 360

i have my original xbox from launch. My brother in-law has had to replace his ps2 3 times. For what its worth, sony doesnt make a good product. Not only in thier console gamne's but thier other electronis as well. Thier t.v.'s arent worth diddly. I am not saying that xbox hasnt had thier problems, but sony definately has had more.

oh yeah, I do own a ps2, have one game for it. Nothing on it worth playing in my book. And yes, I got it for free.

I got XBOX and 2 games for it(Gta 3 and VC). I got PS2 and one game for it(GTA San An). Both consoles are dusting in my closet. I´ll never buy anymore consoles. No updates, hard to mod, can´t bind controls. PC only for me.

pitino

are you talking to me?
Togath said:
i have my original xbox from launch. My brother in-law has had to replace his ps2 3 times. For what its worth, sony doesnt make a good product. Not only in thier console gamne's but thier other electronis as well. Thier t.v.'s arent worth diddly. I am not saying that xbox hasnt had thier problems, but sony definately has had more.

i got 2 PS2 (the one my brother's) and we didn't have ANY problem with them...
also there are 4-5 people i know owing PS2 and they also work fine to them!
what kind of problem are you reffering to???

48Krystal48 said:
xbox 360 for sure play station just can't keep up any more.

i mean look at 360s game lineup
Test Drive Unlimited
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 3
QUAKE 4
halo 3
forza motorsports 2
Perfect Dark Zero
Final Fantasy XI
Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland(xbox live will be sweet with that)
project gothem racing 3
Ridge Racer 6
Resident Evil 5
Unreal Tournament 2007
Amped 3
top spin 2

and thats just some of 360s games.What does ps3 got just coppys of like 2 of these games and the are worse to play?WHats the best ps3 can do when xbox 360 is geting all its games,i mean what games does ps3 have left just games to keep redoing just like the gamecube?

think i made my point

I don't know if is just that I am getting more jaded as I get older, or if they just don't put out good games like they used to. I can only find one game on that list, halo 3, that I might be interested in.

Where does everybody get that the PS3 is more powerful than everything? Just about anything that tries to prove that one console is more powerful than the other is super biased towards one or the other.

The only 2 companies to actually try and prove it were Microsoft and ATI, both saying that the 360 is more powerful than the PS3.

There are three critical performance aspects of a console:
* Central Processing Unit (CPU) performance:
The Xbox 360 CPU architecture has three times the general purpose processing power of the Cell. Cell's claimed advantage is on streaming floating point work which is done on its seven DSP processors.
* Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) performance:
The Xbox 360 GPU design is more flexible and it has more processing power than the PS3 GPU. In addition, its innovated features contribute to overall rendering performance.
* Memory System Bandwidth:
Xbox 360 has 278.4 GB/s of memory system bandwidth. The PS3 has less than one-fifth of Xbox 360's (48 GB/s) of total memory system bandwidth.

When you break down the numbers, Xbox 360 has provably more performance than PS3. Keep in mind that Sony has a track record of over promising and under delivering on technical performance. The truth is that both systems pack a lot of power for high definition games and entertainment.
However, hardware performance, while important, is only a third of the puzzle. Xbox 360 is a fusion of hardware, software and services. Without the software and services to power it, even the most powerful hardware becomes inconsequential. Xbox 360 games—by leveraging cutting-edge hardware, software, and services—will outperform the PlayStation 3

heres the link to the article:

http://www.majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox-360-vs-ps3-part-1-of-4/
http://www.majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox-360-vs-ps3-part-2-of-4/
http://www.majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox-360-vs-ps3-part-3-of-4/
http://www.majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox-360-vs-ps3-part-4-of-4/

Sure it's a little biased, but an interesting read.

D-rock said:
I don't know if is just that I am getting more jaded as I get older, or if they just don't put out good games like they used to. I can only find one game on that list, halo 3, that I might be interested in.

Sorry for the double post, but I just read that Halo 3 was the only one youd be interested in? Check out Resident Evil 5, or play RE4. An excellent game. there are many others on that list you should read about.

pitino said:
i got 2 PS2 (the one my brother's) and we didn't have ANY problem with them...
also there are 4-5 people i know owing PS2 and they also work fine to them!
what kind of problem are you reffering to???

He's referring to the Disc Read Errors that just about every PS2 I've seen does. I've boughten 2 of them, and still the same shit. I have 4 other friends that get the same problems. It's basically a huge epidemic with the PS2's, countless other people have gotten it.

Last edited:
like i stated before, my brother in-laws has brokem 3 times. My nephew's has broken. A guy I take care of has had 2 ps2's. Sony make's an inferior system. Plain and simple.

And, to the guy who saysthat everything look's boring on the 360. If you havent played perfect dar on the n64, get it and try it. It was made by rare, the guys who made the legendary 007 game. Perfect dark is exactly like it, but better. Perfect Dark zero could be a mind blowing experience. There is a plethera of awsome looking games coming to the 360.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Phew! I thought this was gonna be yet another needless discussion between games.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
FACEPALM__Jack_Skellington_by_A_S_K_08.jpg

IMO Xbox360 gives a better multiplayer gaming experience but its also going to cost a lot.
PS3 may be a slightly better console because of its Blu-Ray and free multiplayer mode.

i was going to reply to this thread a few days ago (i guess i am now)
then i looked at the OG-post and realized its from 2005!!!!!!

Have both a Xbox and PS3, stopped playing on the Xbox and only use the PS3 now. Graphics is much better on the PS3 and much prefer the PS3 controller which is lighter and smaller.

love my 360, wish i could find a free ps3 haha. but when i had to choose between halo, gears of war, and fable vs. god of war, little big planet, and killzone it was tough but i think i did the right thing.