• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Playstation 3 vs Xbox 360

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
PS3 - I can then flog off PS2 (and while I'm at it, pick up a PSP).

From what I have been reading and talking to an inside source on the developement for the 360, I am definately going the 360. Alot of game makers are switching to the 360 because of the live feature. It is added revenue for them. P.S. doesnt have a solid one. Sony had been week in that area. As too performance, well the PS3 has'nt even been made yet. It is still all in theory for that system. You can have all the horsepower you want, but without the right driver it isnt going any where. Oh sony will do well in japan, but honestly, I would definately buy the 360 over the ps3.

I want a PS3 but it sounds like it's gonna be expensive, analysts are saying that $400 will probably be the cheapest Sony will sell it at but they'll still lose money with every machine they manufacture even at that price.

Dr_Craw said:
man the ps3 is made specificaly for gaming the 360 is gunna be a multy system gunna be for all those semi-non gamers its just not gunna hvae the firepower (btw i have a xbox and i think i may need both but if i had to pick one i would be ps3)

Actually it's pretty much the exact opposite. Sony has even said they're targeting a broader audience than just gamers. They want the PS3 to be the center of every entertainment setup.

Last edited:

Pauluz

Freeones Games/Content Guy
For everybody who says that the PS3 is more powerfull... I've got a review of the Xbox 360 vs the PS3..

Differences are not that big.. and Xbox has LIVE.. and that's just so great ( I'm using it right now on my regular Xbox ).. So I'm choosing for the Xbox :)

Oh for those who do have live on the xbox now, your paid subscription will carry over to the 360 and will give you the full access to it. So dont worry about renwing your account for live. Also, halo2 will be backwards compatable, from what I have ben told. No, not all current xbox games will be though. I dont exactly understand this but what ever. Also, if your playing halo2 on the 360 you can supposedly play against people who are playing it on the original xbox. On-linbe gaming is the future for console games. It allows publisherts and game manufacturer's to not worry about packaging. This greatly increase profit by reducing overhead. Microsoft has proven itself as the leader in online gaming for console's. Sony has miles to go to compete on that aspect with microsoft.

I gotta go with the Xbox 360, I hope it's not ridiculously expensive...Can anybody give me a price point as to how much it will cost, because I heard some game fanatics at a store talking about how there will be a $500 package(this is in Canada,mind you)that includes the system,a wireless controller and 2 games, but I don't know which 2.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
I'm assuming Sony will make the next generation compatible with the discs already in use on the PS2...

om3ga said:
I'm assuming Sony will make the next generation compatible with the discs already in use on the PS2...

Actually it can play both PS1 and 2 games which is nice but so far no room for memory card slots. Hopefully they'll at least create adapters available for sale.

PS3. Xbox sucked (like the only game console that freeze and stop and a incredible numbre of bug...bad)

I am going to wait a while before I buy it. I probably will not have any extra money to blow away. That will give me some time to determine which one is better and who has the best games.

xbox 360 for sure play station just can't keep up any more.

i mean look at 360s game lineup
Test Drive Unlimited
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 3
QUAKE 4
halo 3
forza motorsports 2
Perfect Dark Zero
Final Fantasy XI
Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland(xbox live will be sweet with that)
project gothem racing 3
Ridge Racer 6
Resident Evil 5
Unreal Tournament 2007
Amped 3
top spin 2

and thats just some of 360s games.What does ps3 got just coppys of like 2 of these games and the are worse to play?WHats the best ps3 can do when xbox 360 is geting all its games,i mean what games does ps3 have left just games to keep redoing just like the gamecube?

think i made my point

well i have done some reading out there for the ps3. there are alot of unconfirmed rumors as to what the price will be and when it will be released. I was talking to a friend who gets alot of insider sources. It looks like the ps3 will have 3 different selling prices. 1)$299 just basic stand alone games. 2)$499 dont know what it can do 3)$699 dont know what it can do. The last two are probably upgrades for the harddrive and online play. So if you just want to play basic rpg's the $299 will do. Also it doenst look like it will be released till holiday's of 06, atleast not in the U.S.
No if these rumors are true, man Sony just shot themselves in the dick. Not only will the 360 have a year jump on them, but the price will be alot cheaper by then. Oh I am sure people will still buy the ps3, like they say, idiot's and money soon part!

evo83 said:
PS3. Xbox sucked (like the only game console that freeze and stop and a incredible numbre of bug...bad)

Strange... In my experience, it's been the PS2's that have been the unreliable consoles (I know of three seperate PS2 owners that have had to get theirs repaired/replaced). Out of the XBox 360 and PS3, it's hard to say really. Ask me that again when the PS3 is finally released.