• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I expect Brodeur to play on his head today against Florida.

I expect Brodeur to play on his head today against Florida.

hopefully the rest of the team does as well... for the entire game

Why did Alfredson rage yesterday??

Is there a conspiracy as per Loondqvist? Lundqvist clearly knocked that goal in with his own stick.

Bobby Lou says he'll waive his ntc if requested.

WOW! That is something! Kudos to him for sticking with a team that was seemingly going nowhere for most of his career. Gotta respect that. Shane Doan is one of the best guys in the NHL. I love him.
Indeed!

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Who would want him, with that contract and cap hit?

Plenty of teams are going to want Luongo. Name a team with goaltender issues and I'm positive they will at least take a look at trading for him. Tampa, Columbus, Chicago, Toronto, New Jersey, the Islanders and possibly even Edmonton, Winnipeg and Colorado could all be interested.

You need to remember that Luongo's contract is heavily front-loaded, so in reality it isn't comparable to a ten year contract. He only makes his current salary till 2017 (I think?) and then after that it drops considerably. Considering the fact that he would be an improvement in net for the majority of the teams in the league, there could be plenty of interest if the Canucks try to move him. Who knows, it's still possible they get rid of Schneider instead at this point.

Plenty of teams are going to want Luongo. Name a team with goaltender issues and I'm positive they will at least take a look at trading for him. Tampa, Columbus, Chicago, Toronto, New Jersey, the Islanders and possibly even Edmonton, Winnipeg and Colorado could all be interested.

You need to remember that Luongo's contract is heavily front-loaded, so in reality it isn't comparable to a ten year contract. He only makes his current salary till 2017 (I think?) and then after that it drops considerably. Considering the fact that he would be an improvement in net for the majority of the teams in the league, there could be plenty of interest if the Canucks try to move him. Who knows, it's still possible they get rid of Schneider instead at this point.

I meant more his cap-hit of 5.333M through '21-'21.

Tampa-With the style that Guy Boucher runs, I wouldn't think so. But Yzerman did have Luongo in goal for Team Canada when they won the Olympics.
Columbus-Who knows, with the way they've been run lately? If they keep their GM I would bet on them and the 'Nucks getting their first-round pick.
Chicago-They follow the Red Wings model of great D-men and cheap Goalies
Toronto-Burke did say he did not want a young goaltender.
New jersey-No way if Brodeur doesn't retire. Even if he does they have some good young goalies in their system, and might just look for a one or two year bridge to them.
Islanders-Aren't they wasting enough money on DiPietro? Also, just resigned Nabokov. $12M on three goalies?
Edmonton-I hear they are excited about Dubnyk, and feel that they need to improve their blue-line more than goalie. It sounds like they are trying to go the Wings model as well.
Winnipeg-If they are ready to give-up on Pavelec or just feel the trading price is too good to pass up this makes sense.
Colorado-Just traded for Varlamov, and is only 23, no way they go after Luongo

So, I guess there are a few teams that work. But, I still think that contract is really going to bite the Canucks in the ass and depreciate his value. Had they learned nothing from Garth Snow and the DiPietro(who ironically, was the whole reason the Islanders traded Luongo)fiasco?

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Edmonton should not make a move for Luongo, they would be giving up their first round draft pick and that is what they rebuild on every season lately. Luongo should just go back to playing the butler who knows magic in Mr. Deeds.

Vezina finalists announced Lundqvist, Quick, and Rinne.

Quick had 10 shutouts, to lead the league; second best GAA of1.95 (I think we all agree Elliot didn't play enough to win); was 1/10 of a percentage point behind Lundqvist in SV% .929 vs. .930; played 7 more games than Lundqvist (that's 11% more games); really the only stat Lundqvist has him on is wins, however second least Goals per Game for LA and 11th most in NYC. Quick was tied for the league lead in OTL with 13, Lundqvist had 5. If all we assume is that we balance out the offense between the two teams and add .4GPG to LA; then Quick wins 6 of those 13 OTLs and now would have 41 wins versus Lundqvist's 39. Also, Quick was 8-6-3 in games he only allowed 1 goal; and Martin Biron went 12-6-2 for the Rangers

PlasmaTwa2

Edmonton should not make a move for Luongo, they would be giving up their first round draft pick and that is what they rebuild on every season lately. Luongo should just go back to playing the butler who knows magic in Mr. Deeds.

No way Edmonton would trade first overall for Luongo. Any GM that would do that for any goaltender is insane.

PlasmaTwa2

Have you guys seen the proposals for Edmonton's downtown arena? Shit's fucking crazy!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=394235

It doesn't look like any arena I have ever seen but I'd go to games there. I'd also probably find a hole and fuck the wall cause that building is tight, yo!

Have you guys seen the proposals for Edmonton's downtown arena? Shit's fucking crazy!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=394235

It doesn't look like any arena I have ever seen but I'd go to games there. I'd also probably find a hole and fuck the wall cause that building is tight, yo!
Looks....gay. Dunno, might have to look again, but it's too far out for my tastes. Edmonton is just going to try to one-up us with the X, I'm sure.

PlasmaTwa2

Looks....gay. Dunno, might have to look again, but it's too far out for my tastes. Edmonton is just going to try to one-up us with the X, I'm sure.

That's what I thought when I first saw it this morning. It's going to look really fucked up in Edmonton's downtown, but... I dont' know. I like that they're doing something different and the fact it's $450 million, encompasses the surrounding streets and is covered in glass, I think if they actually build that it's going to be better than any arena in North America; Xcel Center, Amway Center, you name it.

Status
Not open for further replies.