• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was Plasma that mentioned the coaching staff in Phoenix helped these goaltenders flourish. I think with Philly's goaltending history, their coaching staff might be why they haven't had a legit #1 in years.

Why couldn't Detroit play Bryzgalov/Fleury/Niemi/Crawford/Luongo??

Ah well. Go Nashville. They took that next step as a franchise tonight.

Awful D by the Wings the whole series! The Predators got over the hump, finally, sad to say!

Go Flyers!

I dunno. I still think it's hard to be Roy - he certainly didn't play as many playoff games. And there's other stuff, like in this badly written article:

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2009/3/13/796137/ten-things-martin-brodeur

Although, if you look at the numbers:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=621293

patrick roy was one of the all time greats. not only players, but egos. and hes proved it several times.
patrick roy played for more than 1 team in his career.
marty passed up making more money several times over his career out of loyalty to HIS team. that doesnt happen these days.

i could really go on with specifics, but ill just say that marty is both a better goaley, and sportsman than roy. compare any stat you want, what marty has done gives the sport a good name. he is all class.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
Congrats to the Nashville Predators :clap: they dismantled a old, tired, weak team that depends way to much on finesse to get them through the playoffs, maybe now that they've been eliminated rather easily 3 years in a row Ken Holland will seek some toughness and maybe Babcock will tighten the defensive scheme a couple of notches, as a Red Wings fan I am spoiled with winning and this 1st round & 2nd round exits :baconsalt: don't sit well with 99% of us Red Wings fans and the owner doesn't tolerate it very well either, so it will be interesting to see what comes of this expected and unsurprising setback the Detroit Red Wings franchise has suffered this 11/12 NHL season. :mad::cussing::D

All we can do now is hope and pray the right person / people recieved the message and take the proper steps / measures to ensure its not repeated, I think the Red Wings have too be the most aggressive of all teams this summer and get some legitimate 100% of the scoring threats, and some D-Men who can step into big shoes.. I think Lidstrom will play 1 more year, for starters to make it a 20 year career, and too set all of his #'s in stone, if he's not thee greatest defensemen to ever play the game, he's got to be the 2nd or 3rd of all-time, and I think the biggest reason, Lidstrom will return for his 20th NHL season is, I think he wants too play in the winter classic enough to play 1 more season to fullfil that desire. :2 cents:

Go Nashville, St. Louis, Boston, or the Flyer's... :nanner: after those couple of teams, I don't, and won't cheer for or want any other team too win Lord Stanleys Chalice. :2 cents:

^i will overlook your typos and grammatical errors and just say you have a hell of a team in the wings. dont let your lack of cup wins within a 5 year period spoil your views on your team. after all, you could be the islanders, jets, flames, leafs... be happy with the team you "root" for. so far, theyve had more of a chance at post season accomplishment than any other team in pro sports.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
^i will overlook your typos and grammatical errors and just say you have a hell of a team in the wings. dont let your lack of cup wins within a 5 year period spoil your views on your team. after all, you could be the islanders, jets, flames, leafs... be happy with the team you "root" for. so far, theyve had more of a chance at post season accomplishment than any other team in pro sports.

Hahaha.. I am just venting / ranting.. and I forgot too spell check my last post because I am so pissed, aggravated, disappointed, well not pissed or aggravated, well maybe a little of both, but I'm definitely disappointed, and I do realize we have a good team, but the formula we've been using for the past 10 - 15 years is out-dated and teams have learned how to match / defeat us in the playoffs now, so we either need new personnel or a new scheme with the way we play games in the playoffs.

I am serious about Red Wings fans not dealing with losing very well, & neither does the Red Wings owner, so we will see how things play out this summer when it comes time to sign UFA's, because, nobody will trade with Detroit @ the trade deadline because NO team wants us or see us get any better, that and we haven't gotten any HIGH draft picks in about 20 years, so we have to do all of our shopping during the summer.

we will see how things play out this summer when it comes time to sign UFA's, because, nobody will trade with Detroit @ the trade deadline because NO team wants us or see us get any better, that and we haven't gotten any HIGH draft picks in about 20 years, so we have to do all of our shopping during the summer.

the wings scouting has been very impressive the past few years given their circumstance. they also have probably the best coach in the nhl...
if the preds win or go to the cup, i wouldnt worry about the wings season too much.

Detroit Dead Wings eliminated!

I wonder if Obama will bail them out too?

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
The Bruins need to fly out of the gate and stop having this aniemic offense. Seguin, Krecji, and Looch need to up their game. I'd bench Seguin and put in Jordan Caron. And dude keep the political comments out of a hockey thread just so you can up your post count. :brick:

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Torres gets 25 games. Shanahan's making an example out of him.

Dirty hit? Really? If it's dirty, it ain't dirty by much - if at all. Hossa pulled a Lindros; Torres pulled up the Stevens' end of the bargain. Keep your fuckin' head up.

This is shit. The ONLY reason he deserves 25 is his history. And NO, I don't care for Torres.

yeah, he has 5 previous incidents under his belt, and the hit on hossa broke 3 separate rules, according to shannahan

And those were? He "left his feet"? I've looked at it over and over and he barely "left his feet."

Went for the head? Kind of. Hossa was pulling a Lindros and got served, and he was more hunched down.

The other...I don't know.

MAYBE a suspension, but 25 is just insane.

Seriously...15 years ago this hit would have been entirely legal. Zero doubt.

THIS...is priceless.

And those were? He "left his feet"? I've looked at it over and over and he barely "left his feet."

Went for the head? Kind of. Hossa was pulling a Lindros and got served, and he was more hunched down.

The other...I don't know.

Probably a suspension, but 25 is just insane.

Seriously...15 years ago this hit would have been entirely legal. Zero doubt.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/4/...injury-raffi-torres-hit-blackhawks-vs-coyotes thats the video explaining it... but, youre right 15 years ago it would have been "the hit of the series"

icerfan

Nikkala made me do it!
Weber gets no suspension. Torres gets 25 games. It's offical. Shanahan has NO IDEA what he's doing! :ban: :crash:

Basically, all of the suspensions that were too short got rolled over and applied to Torres. Congrats to the NHL's newest scapegoat!

Per Shanahan

“This is a violation of three NHL rules – interference, charging and illegal check to the head.”

Except, the puck had just left and Hossa put his head down. How is anyone supposed to deliver a clean hit when guys keep doing this? Yes it was a questionable hit and yes he is a repeat offender. But 25? That is three-times what Wisnewski got to start the season! Also, Sedin didn't even get a phone call over his hit to Dustin Brown's head:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...stin-brown-elbow-canucks-kings_n_1437062.html

I have already sworn off the NBA because it is a league that caters purely to it's "stars," I really hope the NHL doesn't continue to do so as well.

Weber gets no suspension. Torres gets 25 games. It's offical. Shanahan has NO IDEA what he's doing! :ban: :crash:

He's just being the politically correct buttboy of Buttman's "new" "improved" Pink Team style of hockey.

Seriously, when I played my goal was to literally kill people - put them through the fucking boards. What was I to do, slap them on the ass after I screeched to a halt instead of clobbering them? Of course I don't want someone going off on a stretcher but...

But I was very much average in size (5'11" and a half - about 180 or so). I always tried to kill the goons though since they were so much bigger than me. Of course though, I'm from the East Side, America's Capital of hockey where we play hard-nosed stick.

"Old Time hockey - Eddie Shore."

Status
Not open for further replies.