• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just being the politically correct buttboy of Buttman's "new" "improved" Pink Team style of hockey.

Seriously, when I played my goal was to literally kill people - put them through the fucking boards. What was I to do, slap them on the ass after I screeched to a halt instead of clobbering them? Of course I don't want someone going off on a stretcher but...

But I was very much average in size (5'11" and a half - about 180 or so). I always tried to kill the goons though since they were so much bigger than me. Of course though, I'm from the East Side, America's Capital of hockey where we play hard-nosed stick.

"Old Time hockey - Eddie Shore."

Yeah, but there is serious discipline required to play. When I played, I was average to small size, too - 6'1" and 195 pounds. I put the hurt on people when I could, but, this is not a clean hit. The puck was away from the player. He absolutely left his feet to get his shoulder into the guys face. That's just indisputable. You've played, watch his body language. He was going in for the kill.

And that's just bullshit. He was going in for the kill, but he is a professional athlete. He should have realised the puck was away from the player, and pulled out so that only minor or no contact happened. That is discipline, that is good hockey. Following through on a hit when the play has moved on is just bad playing.

That said, 25 games is ridiculous. People above are entirely right - he's being made an example. Well, poor job on that! Want to set a good example? Get some fucking consistency in the punitive measures handed down, and get your refs all on the same page.

Shanahan is a joke. I'm.starting to think Weber wasn't suspended just so Shanny wouldn't look like he was favouring the Wings.

Washington/Boston game is sure high energy. Lots of fun scoring chances.

I'm pulling for Washington in this series. Just for shits and giggles. I have no allegiance to either team. Damned scrappy hockey, though.

Yeah, but there is serious discipline required to play. When I played, I was average to small size, too - 6'1" and 195 pounds. I put the hurt on people when I could, but, this is not a clean hit. The puck was away from the player. He absolutely left his feet to get his shoulder into the guys face. That's just indisputable. You've played, watch his body language. He was going in for the kill.

And that's just bullshit. He was going in for the kill, but he is a professional athlete. He should have realised the puck was away from the player, and pulled out so that only minor or no contact happened. That is discipline, that is good hockey. Following through on a hit when the play has moved on is just bad playing.

That said, 25 games is ridiculous. People above are entirely right - he's being made an example. Well, poor job on that! Want to set a good example? Get some fucking consistency in the punitive measures handed down, and get your refs all on the same page.

I've verrying opinions on it. If it was Tie Domi? If it was a small player, would this have been so egregious. I do have to disagree that he left his feet, and IF he did it was VERY minor.

At least we agree that the penalty is insane.

And STD, you are right, there are numerous plays that have been way too penalized by Shanny; some have just been overlooked.

In the end it's an ugly game, with ugly plays, which is why all us dirty men enjoy it - it's tough shit where there BIG hits and such.

Re: Detroit Dead Wings eliminated!

???

Do you have to be a stupid cunt everytime you touch the keyboard?

Yes, he does.

And, I think both goals on Thomas were unfortunate circumstances.

And holy shit on a stick with corn in it. Boston just tied it up with two goals in about 20 seconds.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Thomas looks like he's gonna need someone to pump up his tires soon.

Amazing Range/Sens game. And Anderson adds to the list of incredibly talented American netminders. Dude was bananas.

He did almost make the Olympics just a couple years ago. He probably would have gone over Quick had Quick not been so much younger. But, with Quick's Vezina-caliber season I think that pick has been more than justified.

He did almost make the Olympics just a couple years ago. He probably would have gone over Quick had Quick not been so much younger. But, with Quick's Vezina-caliber season I think that pick has been more than justified.

And not ONE of them is from Minnesota, the home of American hockey. :cussing:

It has always puzzled me that we have never really produced an insanely good modern era 'tender, since we RULE in producing American talent. There are a few I have my eyes on though in the WCHA now though.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
I don't give a fuck about how long they suspended Torres. It doesn't even fucking matter now. He played the rest of the fucking game. It should have been a game misconduct for Torres and a five minute power play for the Hawks. Instead, there wasn't even a penalty called. What a fucking disgrace. A penalty there could have totally changed the complexion of that game. The Hawks have been deflated since Hossa went down. That was the turning point of the series.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Rangers might lose in the first round after a great year, that sucks I had them going deep. Credit Ottawa's defense for shutting them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.