• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer B

I Like Big Tits! (song by Joe Walsh)
Schneider is supposed to be getting the nod for game 4. Pretty much shows who they want in net in a must win game. Luongo isn't wanted there anymore.

That's probably true. Unfortunately for the Canucks, Luongo still has another 10 years remaining on his contract making him near impossible to trade.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
Keep Babcock? Who has a better track record, really?

Keep Hank. He's a world class player.

I'm iffy on Howard. He's let in some weak ass goals. I'd give him another year or two.

Definitely keep Holland. Who else would you want running the team??

Ah, I'm just ranting!!! blowing off steam / frustration, anger..etc.. :cussing::mad: :D I know its NOT Babcocks fault, nor would I recommend we replace him.. I really wouldn't want to trade Hank, or Howard either.... To be honest I really can't blame any of the bad goals on Howard, hell most of them were tips, deflections, off of skates, and broken defensive plays in front of and around the net, none of which Howard can really control. for example 3 guys chasing 1 guy into the corner?? REALLY!!! :dunno: that shit doesn't even happen in the regular season, then low and behold it happens in a fuckin PLAYOFF game that we have to win??? :wtf:

I know nobodies gonna get fired, but I certainly wish Holland would embrace the fact that were old, not big enough, and we get out muscled in the playoffs every fuckin year now. otherwise were just gonna experience this same repetitive :baconsalt: every fuckin playoff year until Holland decides to make the necessary changes. oh and I forgot, we've gotten beat by 3 different badass goaltenders Niemi, fluery and now Rinne!! :2 cents:

Detroit lost tonight because Rinne is a BEAST, and they made what might be the worst play I've seen from them in 20 years. Seriously, how can you get three players following the puck in to the corner and then have the goalie over-pursue as well? That game-winning goal should be scored as an empty netter. Parise will sign with them in the offseason and they will win the Cup next year, regardless of what happens this year.

Woohoo! Phoenix won!!

It sucked watching Detroit shit the bed, but seeing teams like Nashville, Florida and Phoenix succeed is awesome!

Marlo Manson

Detroit lost tonight because Rinne is a BEAST, and they made what might be the worst play I've seen from them in 20 years. Seriously, how can you get three players following the puck in to the corner and then have the goalie over-pursue as well? That game-winning goal should be scored as an empty netter. Parise will sign with them in the offseason and they will win the Cup next year, regardless of what happens this year.

Howard had no choice BUT too play too that corner hard its not his fault that 3 guys went into the corner leaving the middle of the ice / the slot wide fuckin open for a trailer too skate right down the middle of the rink and score a goal into wide-open net, otherwise, I agree with you, Rinne just stood on his fuckin head, but too make matter worse our defense played like shit if wasn't for my boy Quincey, making 2 or 3 great defensive plays the Red Wings would have lost by atleast 3 or 4 goals, and I am glad you have such optimism about Parise coming to Detroit and US winning the cup next year, but that's not a given, it would be nice, but we better get Ryan Suter as well, Brad Stuart maybe gone, as well as Lidstrom, I think Lidstrom will play atleast 1 more year to make it an even 20 years, but I think he can still play @ a high level, so he'll probably stick around, we'll see. :dunno: :2 cents:

Woohoo! Phoenix won!!

It sucked watching Detroit shit the bed, but seeing teams like Nashville, Florida and Phoenix succeed is awesome!

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Nashville, St. Louis, or Philadelphia winning the cup if my Red Wings get eliminated, which it looks like they will, but if Nashville wins, that might throw a monkey wrench into Detroit's plan of getting atleast Suter if not both Suter & Weber? :mad::cussing: and I don't want anything but $$$$$ standing in the way of both of those guys coming too Detroit, otherwise if Nashville wins, thats gonna make getting them allot harder, possibly even shutting the whole thing from happening if they decide to stay in Nashville, so I'd much rather see St. Louis or Philly winning it all, I wouldn't mind if Boston won it again either. :2 cents:

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Nashville, St. Louis, or Philadelphia winning the cup if my Red Wings get eliminated, which it looks like they will, but if Nashville wins, that might throw a monkey wrench into Detroit's plan of getting atleast Suter if not both Suter & Weber? :mad::cussing: and I don't want anything but $$$$$ standing in the way of both of those guys coming too Detroit, otherwise if Nashville wins, thats gonna make getting them allot harder, possibly even shutting the whole thing from happening if they decide to stay in Nashville, so I'd much rather see St. Louis or Philly winning it all, I wouldn't mind if Boston won it again either. :2 cents:

I think Nashville ownership realizes they have a winner here, and will do whatever it takes to keep those guys in a Preds uniform.

Marlo Manson

I think Nashville ownership realizes they have a winner here, and will do whatever it takes to keep those guys in a Preds uniform.

I heard it will be very hard for them to keep Suter, Weber, Rinne and a host of other guys they need too sign, without having to let one of them go.. I watched a whole lot of experts discussing Nashville's situation, and they are all saying either Suter, or Weber will be leaving Nashville because they will not be able to match other offers made to these guys, Detroit is faced with losing Brad Stuart and eventually Lidstrom will be retiring, Detroit is more than likely gonna offer Suter and Weber a kings ransom to sign in Detroit, Nashville will definitely WANT to keep them, but they will NOT be able to match the amount of $$$$$ Detroit will offer. that's what I've been hearing and it makes a hell of allot of sense. think about it. its not out of the question. :2 cents:

Marlo Manson

I think Rinne is already signed long term and Radulov comes off the books after the playoffs.

:dunno: I am just going by what they've been reporting on HNIC, TSN, NHL.com, NBC/Versus..etc... and they are saying Nashville will NOT be able too match the offers these guys are gonna receive, Detroit is probably gonna throw 5 million+/year @ Suter & 7 million + a year @ Weber, that's Lidstroms salary, and if they sign long-term its gonna be ridiculous amounts over several years, Nashville will NOT be able to match these projected offers and lose 1 or both of them via all of the sources listed above and many more NHL sources that report reliable info on a regular basis. :2 cents: we'll see, I can only go by what I hear and hope N pray that all those sources are right. :D

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
:dunno: I am just going by what they've been reporting on HNIC, TSN, NHL.com, NBC/Versus..etc... and they are saying Nashville will NOT be able too match the offers these guys are gonna receive, Detroit is probably gonna throw 5 million+/year @ Suter & 7 million + a year @ Weber, that's Lidstroms salary, and if they sign long-term its gonna be ridiculous amounts over several years, Nashville will NOT be able to match these projected offers and lose 1 or both of them via all of the sources listed above and many more NHL sources that report reliable info on a regular basis. :2 cents: we'll see, I can only go by what I hear and hope N pray that all those sources are right. :D

You know who else is going to offer to sign those guys for that much? Everybody.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I'll tell you one goalie that has stepped up is Phoenix's Mike Smith.

I don't think you are aware of the Preds cap situation. They are currently paying Weber 7.5M, and Suter 3.5M, while 12.5M under the cap! Rinne's salary doubles and takes up $3.6 of that next season; however other than Suter, Radulov is the only player in-line for a real raise in salary. So even if they spend 5.5M/year on Suter they have 7M to resign Radulov, and give the brothers Kostitsyn a raise. They probably lose Gill and Gaustad in this scenario, but they were late season additions from draft-picks anyway.

Meanwhile in Detroit, Quincy takes the money that Stuart leaving would free-up, Helm & Abdelkader are due raises, Hudler is a free agent who finally came into his own this year and will also get a raise, and the team was only 4.5M under the cap before these resignings. However, Lidstrom retires and then Detroit could afford anyone. But personally I think he'll be back for at least one more year; and that Detroit will let Hudler walk and combine that with what they have left over from Helm & Abdelkader and get Parise (if they can steal him from the Wild, who have plenty of cap space and can woo him with a homecoming; but I think the winning tradition in Detroit will win out)

Marlo Manson

You know who else is going to offer to sign those guys for that much? Everybody.

Yeah but Detroit is an original 6 team and treats its players better then all the rest, few teams match the Red Wings when it comes to treating there players with class, respect and whatever the organization can do to entice players to decide to play for Detroit, private jet, state of the art facilities, training / atmosphere etc... Not all teams offer that or even come close to that hospitality for there players, that, and all players know they have a chance to play with the BEST and are guaranteed to make the playoffs every year. so Detroit usually wins out on reputation alone.

I don't think you are aware of the Preds cap situation. They are currently paying Weber 7.5M, and Suter 3.5M, while 12.5M under the cap! Rinne's salary doubles and takes up $3.6 of that next season; however other than Suter, Radulov is the only player in-line for a real raise in salary. So even if they spend 5.5M/year on Suter they have 7M to resign Radulov, and give the brothers Kostitsyn a raise. They probably lose Gill and Gaustad in this scenario, but they were late season additions from draft-picks anyway.

Meanwhile in Detroit, Quincy takes the money that Stuart leaving would free-up, Helm & Abdelkader are due raises, Hudler is a free agent who finally came into his own this year and will also get a raise, and the team was only 4.5M under the cap before these resignings. However, Lidstrom retires and then Detroit could afford anyone. But personally I think he'll be back for at least one more year; and that Detroit will let Hudler walk and combine that with what they have left over from Helm & Abdelkader and get Parise (if they can steal him from the Wild, who have plenty of cap space and can woo him with a homecoming; but I think the winning tradition in Detroit will win out)

I am not disputing anything you are saying, regardless of what you have found or looked up (which looks like you did some digging :goodpost:) like I said I am just following what the major NHL news sources have discussed over and over @ nausea about Nashville's situation, and Detroit's predicament, and the speculation is Detroit will make 1 of the best offers, if not thee best offer out there in order to secure there organizations future success, and like I said, despite Nashville's new ownership etc...

They are speculating that Nashville will NOT be able too afford all there players they need to sign / secure and give raises too, and therefore Suter, & Weber are gonna get offer sheets Nashville will NOT be able to match. I am just going by what the experts have been talking about for the last 6 months or so. And I tend to believe what they say, cuz 85% + of the time they are dead on when they report this sort of info. :2 cents:

And I don't know if you completely understand how the Red Wings are approaching this predicament, they need to sign top 2 defenseman too replace Stuart if he leaves,and Lidstrom when he decides to retire, Detroit is aiming BIG & for the BEST for long-term replacements, they are NOT gonna risk losing there elite status, and allow the team to drop off or lose its moxy once Stuart, Lidstrom and whomever else they may lose / trade are finally secured or gone, they are not gonna sign a mediocre D-man to replace there organizations best player, they won't allow for a drop-off in the talent they put on the ice to compete. :nono:

And I don't know how closely you follow Detroit, but Hudler is TRADE BAIT and has been for years, he and few other players may be dealt. I don't know what there gonna do, but I imagine it will more then likely be one of the biggest acquisitions in the upcoming off-season, if Detroit doesn't make a HUGE splash I would be very, very :shocked::surprise::eyeso: Detroit's owner does not like, nor accept losing. :2 cents:

DR. B

Closed Account
Did anybody see the hit Torres did on Hossa? I thought that shit was awesome!! I love NHL playoffs!

Marlo Manson

Did anybody see the hit Torres did on Hossa? I thought that shit was awesome!! I love NHL playoffs!

I didn't see it live, but I saw the replay and I think it was a clean hit, contact wise, other than the fact his skates slightly left the ice during the hit, not allot IMO, but his skates were air-born when he made contact, otherwise I didn't see anything illegal about it. the question will be did Torres intentionally jump into the hit or did he leave the ice to brace for the impact in a natural way, I know it sounds confusing as fuck, but you can tell when a guy leaps into his hit, or he just happens to be off the ice @ impact to absorb the contact without hurting himself. :surprise: I know still confusing, but that's the way I look @ and see it. :2 cents: I say good hit, Shanny will prolly suspend Torres based on reputation alone. :dunno:

I didn't see it live, but I saw the replay and I think it was a clean hit, contact wise, other than the fact his skates slightly left the ice during the hit, not allot IMO, but his skates were air-born when he made contact, otherwise I didn't see anything illegal about it. the question will be did Torres intentionally jump into the hit or did he leave the ice to brace for the impact in a natural way, I know it sounds confusing as fuck, but you can tell when a guy leaps into his hit, or he just happens to be off the ice @ impact to absorb the contact without hurting himself. :surprise: I know still confusing, but that's the way I look @ and see it. :2 cents: I say good hit, Shanny will prolly suspend Torres based on reputation alone. :dunno:

Completely agree about the suspension. I think he did leap, but it is not as dirty as Blackhawk fans and the NHL-ignorant media(I'm looking at you ESPN) is trying to make it. The fact that it feels like everyone is bitching about dirty hits, that Hossa went off on a stretcher, and that Torres is a repeat offender all seem to add up to a big suspension.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Yeah but Detroit is an original 6 team and treats its players better then all the rest, few teams match the Red Wings when it comes to treating there players with class, respect and whatever the organization can do to entice players to decide to play for Detroit, private jet, state of the art facilities, training / atmosphere etc... Not all teams offer that or even come close to that hospitality for there players, that, and all players know they have a chance to play with the BEST and are guaranteed to make the playoffs every year. so Detroit usually wins out on reputation alone.

I don't think its apt to say Detroit wins out on reputation alone considering they haven't made any major free agent signings recently. The normal course of action in Detroit is to build their guys up after drafting them and I don't see how Detroit is going to be able to offer Weber more than the $7.5 million he's currently getting from Nashville (and I would have to assume that, given the success Nashville has had and the fact that they're more stable than they were a few years ago, they WILL make an effort to get Weber back) and have enough to offer Sutter what he is worth. Plus, there are other teams that would be willing to toss their entire rosters around to make room for a player of Weber's caliber. Toronto will be there and so will the majority of the Canadian teams (including Vancouver, if they lose tonight I'm positive that no one is safe on that team save the Sedins and Kesler), Minnesota and San Jose. If Pronger is gone I could see Philadelphia in the mix and they're right up there with Detroit in terms of how their players are treated, as well.

Plus, call me optimistic, but I think Weber would rather resign with the Predators than jump ship. He knows the franchise is built around him and they're showing that they want to win by signing Rinne and bringing in the likes of Gill and Radulov. If they can make a deep run this year and resign Radulov I think it might even be preferable for the Preds to let Sutter walk and use the money left over to resign Weber and get some offense. I think it's already understood by everyone that Sutter is going to test the water when it comes to free agency, even if the Preds make a good run.

I don't know if Shanahan's concerned with whether or not Torres did it intentionally or not (for what it's worth, I think it was intentional). The fact of the matter is that he left his skates and made contact with Hossa's noggin and that alone is enough for suspension, but the real problem with Torres is the same problem that Matt Cooke had. He just doesn't seem to understand that his style of play is unwarranted in the NHL now and it is going to take a major suspension for him to sit down and reanalyze his game. Even if he doesn't mean to make headshots, the way he chooses to play the game makes them likely so even if he didn't mean to injure Hossa it's still his fault and requires him to reanalyze his game. If Cooke can make improvements to his game after being suspended I don't see why Torres can't, because being a tough player and a dirty player aren't the same thing.

Killer B

I Like Big Tits! (song by Joe Walsh)
I don't know if Shanahan's concerned with whether or not Torres did it intentionally or not (for what it's worth, I think it was intentional). The fact of the matter is that he left his skates and made contact with Hossa's noggin and that alone is enough for suspension, but the real problem with Torres is the same problem that Matt Cooke had. He just doesn't seem to understand that his style of play is unwarranted in the NHL now and it is going to take a major suspension for him to sit down and reanalyze his game. Even if he doesn't mean to make headshots, the way he chooses to play the game makes them likely so even if he didn't mean to injure Hossa it's still his fault and requires him to reanalyze his game. If Cooke can make improvements to his game after being suspended I don't see why Torres can't, because being a tough player and a dirty player aren't the same thing.

:goodpost: Well said. Torres will receive a lengthy suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.