• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '12/'13 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definately not suprised...Another Bush League move by greedy cheap idiot owners that care more about their own ego, and being control freaks, than they do about winning.

D'Antoni is a decent coach but he's no better than Brown or Bickerstaff. None of them have ever won anything as a head coach...At least Bickerstaff was smart enough to know how to stay the fuck out of the way of the talent and just smile and grin for the media...D'Antoni and Brown both think that their bullshit systems actually have some signifigance and thats why they both got fired...

Kobe and the rest of the players can win by themselves during the regular season...But for a team of championship caliber superstars to reach their ultimate and ony acceptable goal, you need to successfully manage huge player personalities, coach defense, and give the talent the freedom to create on offense. D'Antoni does just the opposite...he coachs offense, his teams play no defense, and his problems managing much lesser talent were well documented in New York..

The worst part is that Phil Jackson is the best coach in NBA history, won multiple chamiponships with the Lakers, AND is in a relationship with Jeanie Buss, the owner's daughter, and yet they still wouldn't relinquish any contol, or even some insignifigant token ownership interest to him...what kind of a fucked up family are the Buss's anyway !?!?....totally pathetic !

And since all this brainless nepotism is working so well...why not have even more..Early reports are that D'Antoni is bringing in his brother Dan as an assistant coach.

Great Job Jimmy !...Keep up the good work :thumbsup: !

Dan D'Antoni? What a name!

There is murmurs that Phil was ready to close the deal this morning. If that is true, I might personally go to L.A and murder Jim Buss with my bare hands. You don't pass on Phil for anybody. Ever.

However, I do like D'Antoni and think the players will flourish under him.The system is more efficient on offense than the Princeton O and turnovers will be cut as a result. There is enough talent on the roster to play solid D and that will come as the season progresses. It's the playoffs against guys like Adelman/Popovich/Brooks that will hurt the Lakers. Pops owns D'Antoni.

I support the hiring. I obviously prefer Phil, but what are ya gonna do? If this doesn't work out, Kobe will be too old to be Kobe, Nash will retire and Howard probably leaves. This team is all in for the next two years. Another coaching change in that time will be pointless in the short term success of the team.

Go Lakers.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
I can't believe the Lakers hung Jackson out to dry. Dude has 11 rings, if hes HC you have a guaranteed winner. smh!

D'Antoni can't be any worse than Mike Brown was.

Actually Mike Brown has a better career playoff ranking at (20) .566 PCT compared to D'Antoni's (52) .473 PCT...both with a combined 0 championships.

Niether of them are even in the same universe as Phil Jacskon (No.1 IN THE HISTORY OF BASKETBALL) and 11 championships...Additionally, Jackson is the only coach I've seen in recent history that actually has a coherent philosphy on how to build a championship roster...

The fact that he isn't a GM/VP/Minority Owner of a franchise at this point in his career is a travesty, and an indictment on the legitimacy of proffesional basketball.

You're telling me teams like the Wizards and Detroit don't need a guy like Jackson...For them to suck so bad, and not reach out to Jackson is ridiculous, and shows what priority winning is for many teams in the NBA.

Sorry LaneSisters I'm usually with you on what you say but it's Lakers all the way, even if they hired the wrong coach:crying:

As Canadians we must cheer for the Raptors :(

...I feel ya pain, but cheer up LS, Toronto actually has a decent team !!! As a Washingtonian, I'm forced to support the Wizards (0-5), and we're so bad that everytime we win a game they get hats and t-shirts printed up to celebrate like we just won the NBA championship :1orglaugh.... !

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I don't understand what is up with the Raptors. They have had plenty of winnable games so far this season and lack the ability to capitalize on them. With Lowry and Fields out we basically have the exact same team as last year and it just shows that none of the players have made improvements over last year. Where are DeRozan and Bargnani's next steps? I've been disappointed with both of them so far in the season.

Wow, another Raptors fan? Let's be friends based on our mutual disappointment in the team thus far.

If D'antoni brings in a defensive coordinator, like he did in NY, things should be fine. Unlike Mike Brown he comes with the Kobe stamp of aproval because he knows him from when they were on the same at the olympics, and he has a good relationship with most of the players. We all know hes not a defensive, so bringing someone in to coach the defense will be a must.

We'll see...Just because Kobe knows D'Antoni doesn't mean he wants him to coach the Lakers...Kobe advocated clearly in the media for Phil, not D'Antoni...And the team made him look like and idiot by not even entering into serious negotiations with Phil, presumably over some personal petty bullshit concering the owners..You can expect Kobe to speak the company line to the media because he has no choice, but you know inside he's fuming and humiliated yet again by an increasingly dysfunctional and chaotic Lakers organization.

D'Antoni had alot of personal problems with players on the Knicks..one in particular was Laker's forward Jordan Hill who never liked D'Antoni... By the way, D'Antoni quit/was fired from that Knicks job and the Knicks (5-0) have played better every since then.

And no matter if they bring in an assistant for defense or not, the roster is still thin talent wise...Nash and Blake will be getting torched all year by opposing teams point gaurds, and they have nothing backing up Dwight at the center position when he ineveitably gets into foul trouble...no 3 point shooters or perimeter defenders..I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

Kobe can maybe carry the Lakers as far as the Playoffs by himself, unless D'Antoni gets in the way...but with this current roster they're an early out.

:rofl: Jimmy is a moron...GO CLIPPERS !!! :thumbsup:

Lakers Snub of Phil Jackson Will Cost Kobe NBA Title He Needs to Cement Legacy

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...cost-kobe-nba-title-he-needs-to-cement-legacy

D'Antoni has taken NBA teams to the Western Conference Finals (and lost) twice. But he has never been to the NBA Finals, while Jackson has won 11 championships.

We could have had Phil, but now we get another Mike? Supposedly a funny guy, a player's coach with a really cool offense.

And no rings to show for it.

In their 90-minute discussion on the weekend, Jackson probably did suggest to Buss and Kupchak that he would like a piece of the team, more power in player personnel moves and the possibility of not taking every single road trip with the team.

But it doesn't appear those were deal breaker points—merely suggestions thrown into the conversation by the Zen Master. Most suggest Phil was ready to take the deal and for less money than he got in his last Lakers contract.

Jackson's agent, Todd Musberger, tells ESPN:

"He didn't deserve the job, that's their decision. They can hire whoever they wish. But don't say to someone you've got until Monday and then roust him from slumber at midnight to say, "By the way we hired somebody else." That's just not fair dealing and Phil deserved fair dealing. He's a good faith person and he was dealt with poorly. It is indicative of the shabby way that organization is being run."

We may never know the truth of what transpired over one of the wildest, wackiest weekends in L.A. sports history. All evidence points to it being a power play by Lakers management, specifically Jim Buss, to show everyone who is in charge of the team.

LaneSisters

Official Checked Star Member
We don't know much about basketball but Dwight Howard mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
We would love to shoot a scene with him. Who will make this happen?

Well if it can be done, I certainly can do it, however, I think he may be a little busy right now, but in the meantime, I'd love to see a scene with just the two of you...in person...then I can teach you all about basketball...cool stuff like how to handle the ball and put it in the hole. When you will make this happen !?!

I wish I could but it looks like only eric2136 can make it happen right now but if you're willing to wait until the offseason...

LaneSisters

Official Checked Star Member
Well if it can be done, I certainly can do it, however, I think he may be a little busy right now, but in the meantime, I'd love to see a scene with just the two of you...in person...then I can teach you all about basketball...cool stuff like how to handle the ball and put it in the hole. When you will make this happen !?!
It sounds like you were talking about more than basketball ;)

They are lucky to have fans as beautiful as you. Makes me wish the basketball skills that my dad and brother have passed on to me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.