• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '12/'13 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't WAIT for basketball to start.

Anybody want to do predictions? See how wrong we are?

East

1. Miami
  2. Indiana
  3. Boston
  4. Philadelphia
  5. Brooklyn
  6. Chicago
  7. Atlanta
  8. New York/Toronto

I don't expect much from New York. Amare has been training with The Dream, but I think the team under performs and he's traded at some point this year. Probably after they're eliminated in the 1st round. Again.

Toronto has an interesting team. Casey will have them fighting tooth and nail this year. No easy wins against them. And once Jonas has his game down, 1 7 footer patrolling the paint and another 7 footer draining 3's is going to be a nightmare to defend. They have 2 PG's to dish the ball and a great bench. They could sneak into the playoffs, but I think 13/14 will be their breakout year.

Chicago played well without Rose last year. Certainly well enough to make the playoffs.

Indiana will win the division rather easily.

Any 76ers fans here? I'm curious to see how Bynum does over in the East. He should dominate with that squad.

West

1. Oklahoma City
  2. Los Angeles Lakers
  3. San Antonio
  4. Denver
  5. Los Angeles Clippers
  6. Utah
  7. Memphis
  8. Minnesota/Golden State

I thought about putting the Clippers at 2 and the Lakers at 4, because that is a legit possibility. But fuck the Clippers. Since the league is cracking down on floppers, the Clips will have to adjust their bitch ass strategy.

Lakers will struggle early

I feel like I'm doubting the Spurs by putting them at 3. They'll probably finish 1st. Again.

Denver is going to run teams out of the arena. I can't wait to watch them. They added one of the best wingmen in the league and a premier defender in Iggy. Do they have the same home court advantage the Broncos do with the altitude?

Without the injuries, Minnesota is a guaranteed playoff team. But since Love and Rubio are going to miss the first bit, a healthy Golden State team could get by.

I'm taking the Lakers over the Heat in 5 because I'm a homer and I would never ever ever pick someone else to win.

Finals MVP - Dwight Howard. With Nash running things, I expect Howard to put up Shaq like numbers. Somewhere around 30ppg-15rpg-3.5bpg. But who knows what Mike Brown is going to do. This team could and should pick and roll teams to death.

Regular season MVP - Kevin Durant. I expect Lebron to not go beast mode until the playoffs. His numbers will drop off a bit I think, but...

DPOY - Lebron James. He's going to get one, it's just a matter of when.

ROTY - Anthony Davis. He'll average 10ppg-12rpg. Runaway winner.

6th Man - Nobody has won it twice in a long time, but James Harden will change that.

COTY - Rick Adelman. He'll deal with the injuries and hopefully get that team into the playoffs. I truly believe him and Pops are the two best coaches in the league anyway.

MIP - This is hard. Al Horford will probably improve tenfold, but he's already an all star. John Wall too. Picking this is a crapshoot. Evan Turner will turn it on with Iggy gone and form a formidable trio with Bynum and Holiday.

EOTY - Mitch Kupchak. He got Nash and Howard and kept Gasol. He's got it.

Is comeback player a real award? I don't think it is....but we'll choose anyway. It's either Brandon Roy or Jeff Green.

Well, that wasted an hour.

Go Lakers!

Can't argue with any of these predictions.

Would certainly like to see Toronto sneak into the playoffs. A healthy Bargnani will certainly make a difference and it'll suit his game better having Valanciunas doing more of the dirty work in the paint. It's a unique situation but rebounding has been a sore spot for the Raptors for a few years now.

They are not going to blow any teams away but as you already said, this season could certainly serve as a primer for a better future. There are some interesting trade pieces in Calderon and possibly even Davis and Derozan (depending on contract talks) but after being blessed or cursed depending on how you look at it, having some great individual talents, it would be nice to see them succeed as a collective unit.

Another banger or two on the front line wouldn't hurt either.

Can't argue with any of these predictions.

Would certainly like to see Toronto sneak into the playoffs. A healthy Bargnani will certainly make a difference and it'll suit his game better having Valanciunas doing more of the dirty work in the paint. It's a unique situation but rebounding has been a sore spot for the Raptors for a few years now.

They are not going to blow any teams away but as you already said, this season could certainly serve as a primer for a better future. There are some interesting trade pieces in Calderon and possibly even Davis and Derozan (depending on contract talks) but after being blessed or cursed depending on how you look at it, having some great individual talents, it would be nice to see them succeed as a collective unit.

Another banger or two on the front line wouldn't hurt either.

By the sounds of it, Derozan won't be back with Toronto next year. Hopefully they get something in a trade, but unless he improves dramatically, he's gone. His roster spot will probably go to Ross. He's already being heralded as the best defender on the team and there's been comparisons to Tony Allen. Not too shabby. They have Quincy Acy too. Reggie Evans 2.0. He'll be roughing people up in no time.

Considering Casey brought this team from dead last to top 12 defensively, adding a legit center and a hopefully elite wing defender can bring them into the top 10.

Mike Brown is getting out coached so hard right now. The Lakers look like a bunch of guys on the court with no idea wtf is going on. The depleted Mavs are schooling us. This is infuriating.

Mike Brown is no Phil Jackson...He better get his act together or he'll be unemployed by Xmas.

Mike Brown is getting out coached so hard right now. The Lakers look like a bunch of guys on the court with no idea wtf is going on. The depleted Mavs are schooling us. This is infuriating.

One could argue that in Nash and Kobe alone, the Lakers have enough veteran coaching/leadership on the floor as is. Mike Brown can put some x's and o's together but like eric2136 mentioned, Brown could be a coaching casualty before 2012 is up if the team gets off to a slow start.

If that happens then maybe the Lakers would finish at worst 3rd or 4th in the West but I still wouldn't want to be the team facing them in the first round of the playoffs regardless.

I am also interested to see what Bynum can do when he is placed in a position where he could become the focal point of the offense. Injuries aside, he could put up career individual numbers and do what Dwight Howard did for Orlando. Might not lead to championships but for a guy drafted out of HS, touted as being "the next" Shaquille O'Neal, he's been solid and should become an All-Star based on his own mertis.

Yeah I'm watching this Lakers/Portland game... the Princeton Offense is for teams with no talent...Eddie Jordan, who is Mike Brown's assitant now, used it when he was the head coach of the Wizards to get a terrible team to the Playoffs with Gilbert Arenas..

If you have an Allstar 2 time MVP 38 yr old Point Gaurd, with AllStar talent at every position...the LAST thing you need is the Princeton Offense...Nash and Kobie are coachs on the floor...the Offense should be run by the players on the floor to maximize mis-matches ..Brown was an idiot to even think his bullshit scheme is as important as the talent..he should be fired for being so stupid.

I can already tell in this game Brown has loosened up the riegns and let the player's go more freestyle...but it's still not enough...because they are still not in a good rhythm...

Nash needs the ball in his hand on every possession. and they need to create and run the pick and roll game like Malone/ Stockton, Nash/Stoudemire...

But really Brown doesn't need to even worry about the Offense, he should be focussed 100% on Defense because teams are scoring on the Lakers at will...Brown better wake up and start winning these games NOW...because this is his dream job. it doesn't get any better...if he fuck this up, he'll never be a NBA head coach again..

And now Nash is hurt, in the lockeroom IMO because he's not in a good rhythm playing his style of B-ball....he better come back soon or this party will be over before it even starts.

Also the interior passing by the Laker big men is horrible, Pau Gasol is the only guy who has a clue.

If the Lakers keep struggling through out the season I think they might fire the coach. I'm surprised they are losing to the blazers.

Double rage tonight.

Scoring dropped off huge after Howard and Bryant. Still no D? We were solid defensively last year and we added a multiple DPOY. WTF is going on?

Everybody knew the Princeton O was a bad idea, and it's showing. Howard and Gasol can both run the floor. Give the reigns to Nash and let him be Nash. All the Princeton O does is restrict Nash's playmaking. Rage. And now he and Kobe are both limping around. Great.

Lillard looks like a stud though.

WTF happened at the end of the Toronto game? I think it was Hill flopping around like he got shot and Lowry seemingly stopped trying on the play and Hill had an easy shot. The refs should have called the flop, or be consistent and call a foul on Lowry. That was bullshit. Hill had no intention of taking a shot. He was slinging his head back on no contact and then liften Lowry's arm out of the way. When he realized the refs have no eyeballs, easy game winner.

If I were just to look at the final score, it might not seem so terrible, as the Lakers usually get outplayed in the Rose Garden, but 24 turnovers, 6 fast break points and 15 points off the bench isn't going to get it done anywhere. I know its only two games so far, but some serious changes really need to go down, and soon. I don't understand the Lakers using the Princeton offense, which thus far seems only to serve turning Steve Nash into Derrick Fisher. Don't get me wrong, Fish is one of my favorite all-time Lakers, but his role in any offense is to usher the ball up the court, hit open shots when needed and generally stay out of the way. Howard and Pau like to run, let them run and let Nash be Nash. Beyond that, people have touted Mike Brown as a defensive coach; apparently my definition of what that means differs greatly from that description, as I'm still waiting, a year later to see some evidence to back that claim up considering the defensive talent this team possesses. Eighty games to go, so its far from panic time, but with a good Clipper team coming up Friday, we'll see what the real deal is here. Going back to last season, and including the preseason, the Lakers have lost 12 in a row. Really missing Phil right about now.

By the sounds of it, Derozan won't be back with Toronto next year. Hopefully they get something in a trade, but unless he improves dramatically, he's gone. His roster spot will probably go to Ross. He's already being heralded as the best defender on the team and there's been comparisons to Tony Allen. Not too shabby. They have Quincy Acy too. Reggie Evans 2.0. He'll be roughing people up in no time.

Considering Casey brought this team from dead last to top 12 defensively, adding a legit center and a hopefully elite wing defender can bring them into the top 10.

Well Toronto extended Derozan to a 4 year $40 million contract. Maybe they do want to keep him. It's still a tradeable contract.

If I were just to look at the final score, it might not seem so terrible, as the Lakers usually get outplayed in the Rose Garden, but 24 turnovers, 6 fast break points and 15 points off the bench isn't going to get it done anywhere. I know its only two games so far, but some serious changes really need to go down, and soon. I don't understand the Lakers using the Princeton offense, which thus far seems only to serve turning Steve Nash into Derrick Fisher. Don't get me wrong, Fish is one of my favorite all-time Lakers, but his role in any offense is to usher the ball up the court, hit open shots when needed and generally stay out of the way. Howard and Pau like to run, let them run and let Nash be Nash. Beyond that, people have touted Mike Brown as a defensive coach; apparently my definition of what that means differs greatly from that description, as I'm still waiting, a year later to see some evidence to back that claim up considering the defensive talent this team possesses. Eighty games to go, so its far from panic time, but with a good Clipper team coming up Friday, we'll see what the real deal is here. Going back to last season, and including the preseason, the Lakers have lost 12 in a row. Really missing Phil right about now.

It's a good thing we didn't sign Adelman. :( And Byron Scott is back in Cleveland for at least 2 more years.

Yeah that's a tough situation, OKC was a team right on the verge of being NBA Champs...You hate to see a move made now...especially since team chemistry is such a delicate thing,,,but hey Harden wanted the max deal and was willing to leave OKC to get it...so we'll see what happens now...

Season is starting...Time for some B-ball :) !!

37 and 12 in a win ! ..not a bad debut ...OKC will definately miss him, but as a starter in Houston he has to bring it every night for them to even be competitive in the West, so he still has alot to prove...

It's a good thing we didn't sign Adelman. :( And Byron Scott is back in Cleveland for at least 2 more years.

Somebody needs to go tickle Jerry Sloan's ass into coming back. Hell, I'd even take Mike D'antoni.

The Zen Master is probably the only coach that can get the Lakers back to the promised land...but in the alternative at least a "player's coach" will make them respectable and competitive every night....like Don Nelson or maybe Nate McMillan ... I'd personally like to see a guy like Bill Lambeeer get a shot...he has the championship resume as a player and WNBA coach...plus he has the demeanor necessary to deal with multiple superstars.

At this rate, Brown's days are definately numbered though..the Laker's look like shit out there.They won't stand for this long in LaLa land....0-3 for the first time in 34 years is not going to get it done.

Also I like NYC in the East...I was amazed at how poorly they played last year with all the talent, but it looks like Jason Kidd may be the "head to the beast" that they have needed,,,If they play up to their potential, they can go all the way...I don't think a Clippers/NY Knick Championship is out of the question, and would definately be fun to watch !.

Harden hit 45 after 37..at this rate people will stop talking about his contract, and start talking about him being Scoring Champ or MVP !...Still a long way to go though, but what a heck of a start !

Nice Clippers game last night...Golden State played their ass off, but I still think the Clipp kinda got robbed by that charge call on Chris Paul at the end...

I'll be interested to see Roy with Minnesota, tonite,,if he can regain even alittle of his All Star Portland form, he could really be a difference maker for The Wolves...at least untill Rubio gets back...I'll be interested to see wether Roy or Rubio can stay healthy this season...they will both be big for the Wolves esp. in the absense of Love (how the fuck do you break your hand doing knuckle push-ups !?!).

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Raptors won their first game. It's early, but it looks like bringing in Lowry was one of the best decisions the team has ever made. DeRozan has had two good games too, but Bargnani's last two games have been sub-par, Valanciunas hasn't been able to repeat his performance from the opener (though not going to blame a rookie for that) and Fields might as well be sitting on the bench.

Three winnable games and one victory is still disappointing, though.

That Raptors Wolves game put me to :sleep:...Wake me up when Rubio and Love get back...I agree Lowry was a good pick up for Toronto tho...Knicks looking good but its still very early ...

LAL- Fire Brown NOW, bring in Shaw or Lambeer or ANYBODY that will let the talent freely play ball, coach defense, and not handcuff a group of Superstar players with some bullshit offensive system.

Status
Not open for further replies.