• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '12/'13 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I can't WAIT for basketball to start.

Anybody want to do predictions? See how wrong we are?

East

1. Miami
  2. Indiana
  3. Boston
  4. Philadelphia
  5. Brooklyn
  6. Chicago
  7. Atlanta
  8. New York/Toronto

I don't expect much from New York. Amare has been training with The Dream, but I think the team under performs and he's traded at some point this year. Probably after they're eliminated in the 1st round. Again.

Toronto has an interesting team. Casey will have them fighting tooth and nail this year. No easy wins against them. And once Jonas has his game down, 1 7 footer patrolling the paint and another 7 footer draining 3's is going to be a nightmare to defend. They have 2 PG's to dish the ball and a great bench. They could sneak into the playoffs, but I think 13/14 will be their breakout year.

Chicago played well without Rose last year. Certainly well enough to make the playoffs.

Indiana will win the division rather easily.

Any 76ers fans here? I'm curious to see how Bynum does over in the East. He should dominate with that squad.

West

1. Oklahoma City
  2. Los Angeles Lakers
  3. San Antonio
  4. Denver
  5. Los Angeles Clippers
  6. Utah
  7. Memphis
  8. Minnesota/Golden State

I thought about putting the Clippers at 2 and the Lakers at 4, because that is a legit possibility. But fuck the Clippers. Since the league is cracking down on floppers, the Clips will have to adjust their bitch ass strategy.

Lakers will struggle early

I feel like I'm doubting the Spurs by putting them at 3. They'll probably finish 1st. Again.

Denver is going to run teams out of the arena. I can't wait to watch them. They added one of the best wingmen in the league and a premier defender in Iggy. Do they have the same home court advantage the Broncos do with the altitude?

Without the injuries, Minnesota is a guaranteed playoff team. But since Love and Rubio are going to miss the first bit, a healthy Golden State team could get by.

I'm taking the Lakers over the Heat in 5 because I'm a homer and I would never ever ever pick someone else to win.

Finals MVP - Dwight Howard. With Nash running things, I expect Howard to put up Shaq like numbers. Somewhere around 30ppg-15rpg-3.5bpg. But who knows what Mike Brown is going to do. This team could and should pick and roll teams to death.

Regular season MVP - Kevin Durant. I expect Lebron to not go beast mode until the playoffs. His numbers will drop off a bit I think, but...

DPOY - Lebron James. He's going to get one, it's just a matter of when.

ROTY - Anthony Davis. He'll average 10ppg-12rpg. Runaway winner.

6th Man - Nobody has won it twice in a long time, but James Harden will change that.

COTY - Rick Adelman. He'll deal with the injuries and hopefully get that team into the playoffs. I truly believe him and Pops are the two best coaches in the league anyway.

MIP - This is hard. Al Horford will probably improve tenfold, but he's already an all star. John Wall too. Picking this is a crapshoot. Evan Turner will turn it on with Iggy gone and form a formidable trio with Bynum and Holiday.

EOTY - Mitch Kupchak. He got Nash and Howard and kept Gasol. He's got it.

Is comeback player a real award? I don't think it is....but we'll choose anyway. It's either Brandon Roy or Jeff Green.

Well, that wasted an hour.

Go Lakers!

Tyson Chandler hurts his knee. MRI on Thursday. If he's out for an extended period of time, this team won't make the playoffs.

NBA removes 'Center' from the all star ballot and instead has fans vote for 2 guards 3 front court players.

Thoughts?

PlasmaTwa2

NBA removes 'Center' from the all star ballot and instead has fans vote for 2 guards 3 front court players.

Thoughts?

It makes sense to me, because the centers that are good enough will be All Stars anyway.

Good trade by okc. Harden ain't shit. This team is so young. He wasn't going to help them win now anymore than Martin, Jones III and Lamb would. Plus two 1st rounders and a 2nd? This okc team.is set for a dynasty. Jones III is a stud and I think Lamb was the best SG in last year's draft. Those two first rounders will be high because Houston won't do.shit.

P.S. I know PJ3 wasn't in the trade. I'm just pointing out the potential on that already stacked team.

James Harden wasn't going to be a starter in OKC and OKC already paid Westbrook, Durant and Serge. I think Martin is a good replacement. Harden is basically instant spark off the bench and I think Martin can provide that. Plus the thunder got picks out of it which will help the team continue to bring top tier talent because their own pick will be late first round.

The two first rounders OKC got are from Dallas and Toronto and lottery protected I think. Houston still keeps their own 1st round pick.

Still a steal for OKC. Martin's huge contract will be off the books next year. With PJIII, Lamb and a top FA, to go along with Durant and Westbrook, scary days are upon us.

Anybody want to bet Orlando gets the 1st overall pick next year? Cleveland loses LeBron...1st pick. New Orleans loses Paul...1st pick. Orlando loses Dwight...???

Season starts on Tuesday. Lakers/Mavs Heat/Celtics and Wizards/Cavs.

Go Lakers!! And to a lesser extent, Raptors.

- - - Updated - - -

The two first rounders OKC got are from Dallas and Toronto and lottery protected I think. Houston still keeps their own 1st round pick.

Still a steal for OKC. Martin's huge contract will be off the books next year. With PJIII, Lamb and a top FA, to go along with Durant and Westbrook, scary days are upon us.

Anybody want to bet Orlando gets the 1st overall pick next year? Cleveland loses LeBron...1st pick. New Orleans loses Paul...1st pick. Orlando loses Dwight...???

Season starts on Tuesday. Lakers/Mavs Heat/Celtics and Wizards/Cavs.

Go Lakers!! And to a lesser extent, Raptors.

Interesting predictions, pretty good !...I may make some of my own after Sandy passes, and I can devote more attention to it.

I can't WAIT for basketball to start.

Anybody want to do predictions? See how wrong we are?

East

1. Miami
  2. Indiana
  3. Boston
  4. Philadelphia
  5. Brooklyn
  6. Chicago
  7. Atlanta
  8. New York/Toronto

I don't expect much from New York. Amare has been training with The Dream, but I think the team under performs and he's traded at some point this year. Probably after they're eliminated in the 1st round. Again.

Toronto has an interesting team. Casey will have them fighting tooth and nail this year. No easy wins against them. And once Jonas has his game down, 1 7 footer patrolling the paint and another 7 footer draining 3's is going to be a nightmare to defend. They have 2 PG's to dish the ball and a great bench. They could sneak into the playoffs, but I think 13/14 will be their breakout year.

Chicago played well without Rose last year. Certainly well enough to make the playoffs.

Indiana will win the division rather easily.

Any 76ers fans here? I'm curious to see how Bynum does over in the East. He should dominate with that squad.

West

1. Oklahoma City
  2. Los Angeles Lakers
  3. San Antonio
  4. Denver
  5. Los Angeles Clippers
  6. Utah
  7. Memphis
  8. Minnesota/Golden State

I thought about putting the Clippers at 2 and the Lakers at 4, because that is a legit possibility. But fuck the Clippers. Since the league is cracking down on floppers, the Clips will have to adjust their bitch ass strategy.

Lakers will struggle early

I feel like I'm doubting the Spurs by putting them at 3. They'll probably finish 1st. Again.

Denver is going to run teams out of the arena. I can't wait to watch them. They added one of the best wingmen in the league and a premier defender in Iggy. Do they have the same home court advantage the Broncos do with the altitude?

Without the injuries, Minnesota is a guaranteed playoff team. But since Love and Rubio are going to miss the first bit, a healthy Golden State team could get by.

I'm taking the Lakers over the Heat in 5 because I'm a homer and I would never ever ever pick someone else to win.

Finals MVP - Dwight Howard. With Nash running things, I expect Howard to put up Shaq like numbers. Somewhere around 30ppg-15rpg-3.5bpg. But who knows what Mike Brown is going to do. This team could and should pick and roll teams to death.

Regular season MVP - Kevin Durant. I expect Lebron to not go beast mode until the playoffs. His numbers will drop off a bit I think, but...

DPOY - Lebron James. He's going to get one, it's just a matter of when.

ROTY - Anthony Davis. He'll average 10ppg-12rpg. Runaway winner.

6th Man - Nobody has won it twice in a long time, but James Harden will change that.

COTY - Rick Adelman. He'll deal with the injuries and hopefully get that team into the playoffs. I truly believe him and Pops are the two best coaches in the league anyway.

MIP - This is hard. Al Horford will probably improve tenfold, but he's already an all star. John Wall too. Picking this is a crapshoot. Evan Turner will turn it on with Iggy gone and form a formidable trio with Bynum and Holiday.

EOTY - Mitch Kupchak. He got Nash and Howard and kept Gasol. He's got it.

Is comeback player a real award? I don't think it is....but we'll choose anyway. It's either Brandon Roy or Jeff Green.

Well, that wasted an hour.

Go Lakers!

PlasmaTwa2

I'm going to wait until I see Harden play before deciding whether or not it's a good trade. I wonder if he's going to be up for the spotlight in Houston, because Lin's time is probably over.

I'm already wrong on my 6th man prediction.

Yeah that's a tough situation, OKC was a team right on the verge of being NBA Champs...You hate to see a move made now...especially since team chemistry is such a delicate thing,,,but hey Harden wanted the max deal and was willing to leave OKC to get it...so we'll see what happens now...

Season is starting...Time for some B-ball :) !!

Well the Lakers look like absolute shit on both ends of the floor. Pathetic. But, to be expected for the first few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.