• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The offseason started today, the draft is in a few weeks and everybody is 0-0.

Lots of teams were exposed in the playoffs and will be looking to patch up their weaknesses through the draft and free agency.

L.A has 4 2nd round picks and I'd like to see them draft Nolan Smith out of Duke. It's time for a changing of the guard at PG in L.A.

Some of the more notable free agents this year are,

Tony Parker
Tyson Chandler
Jamal Crawford
Caron Butler
Micheal Redd
Yao Ming

It's kind of a sad group :(

Anyway. Discuss your team y'all!

Some of the more notable free agents this year are,

Tony Parker
Tyson Chandler
Jamal Crawford
Caron Butler
Micheal Redd
Yao Ming

It's kind of a sad group :(

tony parker signed an extension w/ SAS

marc gasol could be available

There are plenty of pieces available in Free Agency that can really hold down a good team next year. Not too many stars, but quality pieces nonetheless. Guys I'm keeping my eye on include:

Jamal Crawford
Anthony Parker
Caron Butler
Tyson Chandler
Nene
J.R. Smith
DeAndre Jordan (restricted)
Carl Landry
David West
Jason Richardson
Grant Hill

My bold prediction: The Wolves will win it a....uhh, I mean, the Wolves will be the worst team. Again. Nah, they will move out of the cellar but be in the 20-30 range, at best.

My only real wish is that they grab Fredette some how. :2 cents:

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
chandler is really good. he'll stay. he really grew on me.

grant hill will stay. he better.

the suns have some moves to make as they needa dump vince carter, and quick.

robin lopez wins my award for biggest disappointment. i really REALLY wanted him to step it up. im so bummed he sucks.

please suns, get it together. i dont wanna suffer through another season like last year.

amare's full of shit. to think i used to stand up for him. fucker.

this could be the longest offseason ever. theres a lockout looming that i hope im wrong in saying its going to be really long. But the draft happens for sure, tho its not a watchable draft this year. the only player of interest to see where he goes is Derek Williams

this could be the longest offseason ever. theres a lockout looming that i hope im wrong in saying its going to be really long. But the draft happens for sure, tho its not a watchable draft this year. the only player of interest to see where he goes is Derek Williams

Some people think the possible NBA lockout might make the NFL one happening now seem mild in comparison. I don't know myself, but that's a worrisome thought.

My team makes me sad right now. If Shaq hadn'tve left, we'd have a title. If Penny hadn'tve injured his knee, we might have one. If Tim Duncan hadnt've backed out of a deal and re-sign with San Antonio, we might have one. If Grant Hill wasn't made of glass, we might have one (Doc Rivers + T-Mac + Hill = Contender). If Coutney Lee makes a Game 2 layup and Dwight makes a Game 4 free throw (out of 2!), we'd most likely have one.

..........But I still love my Magic :)

Thanks for asking.

robin lopez wins my award for biggest disappointment. i really REALLY wanted him to step it up. im so bummed he sucks.

please suns, get it together. i dont wanna suffer through another season like last year.

Something happened last summer, cuz both Lopez twins forgot how to rebound last season. And I think the Suns will definitely improve, but I'm not sure it gets them into the playoffs in the West.

My team makes me sad right now. If Shaq hadn'tve left, we'd have a title. If Penny hadn'tve injured his knee, we might have one. If Tim Duncan hadnt've backed out of a deal and re-sign with San Antonio, we might have one. If Grant Hill wasn't made of glass, we might have one (Doc Rivers + T-Mac + Hill = Contender).

T-Mac + Ring = Paris Hilton + Meaningful relationship.

How was you gonna win a ring with a dude that can't lead his team out of the first round?

squallumz

Something happened last summer, cuz both Lopez twins forgot how to rebound last season. And I think the Suns will definitely improve, but I'm not sure it gets them into the playoffs in the West.

and he forgot how to play.

if they can get rid of carter, throw pietrus and some others in a deal, maybe we can get someone to support nash, hill, gortat (im loving him), frye, and dudley.

at least, until we get blake griffin. ;)

T-Mac + Ring = Paris Hilton + Meaningful relationship.

How was you gonna win a ring with a dude that can't lead his team out of the first round?

Do you know how good Grant Hill was with Detroit? He and T-Mac (or He and Tim Duncan, which was the original plan) would have been great together. We made the playoffs consistently even without Hill. Have you seen those Magic rosters. We had no one. NO ONE. Yet he carried us to the playoffs every year, including the year we almost upset the 1-seeded Pistons. If Hill was healthy, who know what coulda happened. I know people remember T-Mac's failures in Houston, but I will always respect and cherish what he did for the Magic. He was a fucking superstar, and made a bunch of random dudes a respectable basketball team.

My team (as most of you know) is the Chicago Bulls.

I know a lot of fans want us to make drastic changes to the lineup, but I don't think it's necessary. The biggest issue is the 2-guard situation. I feel with that corrected we have an excellent chance in winning it all. A secondary scorer at that position is of the highest necessity in order to get to the Finals next year.

As far as free agency goes, there isn't much of what we want there. The Bulls are looking for a 2 that scores in the 15-19 ppg range. Both O.J. Mayo is a project and J.R. Smith is a risk. Both have proven to be inconsistent, but Smith is probably not going to demand as much as Mayo in the long run. With picks and cash, Chicago will be looking to trade. Guys like Danny Granger, Andre Igouadala, and Monta Ellis will be looked at.

Then there's the Dwight Howard thing. Orlando's asking price will be steep, but it'll come down. They're gonna want to unload Arenas or Turkoglu in a package deal, which is gonna turn a lot of teams off, as the Magic is gonna want size and future in return. Chicago is an ideal trading partner right now, but the Bulls ren't overly interested in moving a lot of pieces. Boozer (with Chicago eating a portion of his contract), and perhaps Gibson or Asik and picks are what Chicago will offer. If Orlando is smart, they'll pull the trigger.

Do you know how good Grant Hill was with Detroit? He and T-Mac (or He and Tim Duncan, which was the original plan) would have been great together. We made the playoffs consistently even without Hill. Have you seen those Magic rosters. We had no one. NO ONE. Yet he carried us to the playoffs every year, including the year we almost upset the 1-seeded Pistons. If Hill was healthy, who know what coulda happened. I know people remember T-Mac's failures in Houston, but I will always respect and cherish what he did for the Magic. He was a fucking superstar, and made a bunch of random dudes a respectable basketball team.

C'mon now... this sounds a lot like the Scottie Pippen led 94-95 Chicago Bulls. T-Mac was/is not a winner. He's super talented, but couldn't lead a squad out of a kiddie pool, and was virtually a black hole on offense. Those role player laden Magic teams were better than folks gave them credit for, but them being Championship material with Grant Hill is laughable. Maybe with Duncan, but no way T-Mac would have complimented those guys and look no further than Houston to see that. Duncan saw that shit a mile away, and Orlando had as much of a shot at him as Chicago did.

My team (as most of you know) is the Chicago Bulls.

I know a lot of fans want us to make drastic changes to the lineup, but I don't think it's necessary. The biggest issue is the 2-guard situation. I feel with that corrected we have an excellent chance in winning it all. A secondary scorer at that position is of the highest necessity in order to get to the Finals next year.

As far as free agency goes, there isn't much of what we want there. The Bulls are looking for a 2 that scores in the 15-19 ppg range. Both O.J. Mayo is a project and J.R. Smith is a risk. Both have proven to be inconsistent, but Smith is probably not going to demand as much as Mayo in the long run. With picks and cash, Chicago will be looking to trade. Guys like Danny Granger, Andre Igouadala, and Monta Ellis will be looked at.

Then there's the Dwight Howard thing. Orlando's asking price will be steep, but it'll come down. They're gonna want to unload Arenas or Turkoglu in a package deal, which is gonna turn a lot of teams off, as the Magic is gonna want size and future in return. Chicago is an ideal trading partner right now, but the Bulls ren't overly interested in moving a lot of pieces. Boozer (with Chicago eating a portion of his contract), and perhaps Gibson or Asik and picks are what Chicago will offer. If Orlando is smart, they'll pull the trigger.

:dito:

squallumz

i hope chicago improves. they're a fun team to watch.

i really wanted them to take down the heat. they were just too new together.

maybe next season chi can whoop on the homos, i mean heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.