• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
I don't dislike Lebron because he left Cleavland. Sports have become a business, and loyalty works both ways. Pretty much all professional sports teams have a way of kicking somebody to the curb the moment they feel it's more beneficial to them to do so. I hate to say it but a lot of fans are the same way. With that said he should have handled leaving A LOT BETTER and not made an ass of himself.

I dislike Lebron because he became a egotistical douchbag. If a little karmic payback seems to have come his way I'm going to have a hard time feeling any sympathy.

girk1

Closed Account
I don't dislike Lebron because he left Cleavland. Sports have become a business, and loyalty works both ways. Pretty much all professional sports teams have a way of kicking somebody to the curb the moment they feel it's more beneficial to them to do so. I hate to say it but a lot of fans are the same way. With that said he should have handled leaving A LOT BETTER and not made an ass of himself.

I dislike Lebron because he became a egotistical douchbag. If a little karmic payback seems to have come his way I'm going to have a hard time feeling any sympathy.

And had a superstar like Lebron, Dwight Howard blown their knees out those same fans would be complaining how their contracts are an albatross around the franchise.

The same fans would be 'wishing' that the franchise could dump them just like the NFL routinely does because of the non guaranteed contracts.

The only person who should take this a little personal, I guess, is the Cavs owner who's franchise took a estimated $250 million dollar hit in value and lost revenues from Lebron's departure.:1orglaugh

Lebron still makes around $50-$55 million dollars 'of the court' alone(Jerseys sales number 1) so I say it was a good business move so far.;)

And had a superstar like Lebron, Dwight Howard blown their knees out those same fans would be complaining how their contracts are an albatross around the franchise.

The same fans would be 'wishing' that the franchise could dump them just like the NFL routinely does because of the non guaranteed contracts.

The only person who should take this a little personal, I guess, is the Cavs owner who's franchise took a estimated $250 million dollar hit in value and lost revenues from Lebron's departure.:1orglaugh

Lebron still makes around $50-$55 million dollars 'of the court' alone(Jerseys sales number 1) so I say it was a good business move so far.;)

I don't see where the debate is in whether Lebron is a good guy or bad guy. From all accounts he is clearly one of the good guys in sports today.

My only point in bringing him up was because I was glad it didn't work out for him in Miami based him (exercising his choice and) leaving Cleveland.

That part down...it's pretty confusing why some keep trying to bang on the guy by questioning his game and for trivial, misinterpreted statements....

Point being, maybe just maybe it wasn't anything Lebron and the Heat did or didn't do. Maybe Miami (the team) was just beaten by the better coach, team and play.:eek:

I don't see where the debate is in whether Lebron is a good guy or bad guy. From all accounts he is clearly one of the good guys in sports today.

My only point in bringing him up was because I was glad it didn't work out for him in Miami based him (exercising his choice and) leaving Cleveland.

That part down...it's pretty confusing why some keep trying to bang on the guy by questioning his game and for trivial, misinterpreted statements....

Point being, maybe just maybe it wasn't anything Lebron and the Heat did or didn't do. Maybe Miami (the team) was just beaten by the better coach, team and play.:eek:

Dallas was the better team.

My hope is that LBJ takes a step back, keeps of all the talk, keeps off the twitter, and comes down off the King shit. Like I said before, he himself is to blame for the questions and comments. He provides the ammunition he's being shot with, and yes, some of these things are not as big as folks make them out to be... but the bullshit is piling up rapidly.

It's time for LeBron to get back to work. His game needs to be elevated to the next level, needs to be playing this summer. You saw the difference in the games of Rose, Westbrook, Durrant, and others who played competetively over the summer last year, and it may be the thing needed to get to that next level.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.

he totally is. you know, i believe sports is 90% mental (hell, look at tiger woods) and that guy has no fucking respect. and im watching him bring dwayne wade down with him. its quite sad.

james is totally rubbing off on wade and its terrible. wades lost a large bit of class hanging around that dbag. its a shame really. like i said, maybe once james learns to respect the game and the other players, then maybe he'll improve. then maybe his little buddy wade will buck up again and not be his little lapdog.

Dallas was the better team.

My hope is that LBJ takes a step back, keeps of all the talk, keeps off the twitter, and comes down off the King shit. Like I said before, he himself is to blame for the questions and comments. He provides the ammunition he's being shot with, and yes, some of these things are not as big as folks make them out to be... but the bullshit is piling up rapidly.

It's time for LeBron to get back to work. His game needs to be elevated to the next level, needs to be playing this summer. You saw the difference in the games of Rose, Westbrook, Durrant, and others who played competetively over the summer last year, and it may be the thing needed to get to that next level.

Meh...that's one opinion. I don't see anything wrong with the way he's conducted himself. I am disappointed that he tried the merc route by going to Miami and the pep rally the Heat staged makes them losing now all the more enjoyable but Lebron-the man and ball player has comported himself as fair as any...and far better than most.

girk1

Closed Account
Meh...that's one opinion. I don't see anything wrong with the way he's conducted himself. I am disappointed that he tried the merc route by going to Miami and the pep rally the Heat staged makes them losing now all the more enjoyable but Lebron-the man and ball player has comported himself as fair as any...and far better than most.

I agree that the guy has been a model of great conduct in the League( You don't make $50 million per year off the court alone by doing the wrong things).

I'm starting to come around to the Lebron as a 'run-a-away slave' analogy that I have heard thrown about.Cleveland Cavs didn't own the man.

Lebron served every single second of his contract without complaint or whining to be traded(even
Lakers like my man Magic, Kobe, Kareem and Shaq have whined publicly and demaded trades as well as countless other non Lakers ).

He legally exercised his option to leave. What's the problem?:dunno: Hell I wasn't 'disappointed' as much as I was actually concerned that another power had instantly emerged in the NBA. :eek:

Fans claim its' about loyalty ,but they routinely call for their favorite teams to trade or dump players they aren't satisfied with even though the guy may be giving his all. Especially guys who suffer chronic injuries.

If Derrick Rose or Lebron or whomever blew out their knees I would love to see how fast teams/fans would be looking to dump them.

Lebron wasn't owned by the Cavs and made his own decison. A good decison if you ask me(#1 selling Jersey, $50 million dollars off the court and Miami lifestyle).:dunno:

If he has been as great as you say, we wouldn't be talking about this. Again, nobody is putting shot on LBJ that wasn't already there. The fact that people act like they don't smell the shit means nobody is cleaning it up. This is about fixing things, and instead of being about that, folks wanna pat him on the head, and stroke his ego even more. Why not come up with some damn solutions for the issues that even he acknowledged exist, instead of comparing his decision making with stupider athletes. I think he has enough yes men in his camp. Its clear he needs fixers and not excuse makers or enablers.

If he has been as great as you say, we wouldn't be talking about this. Again, nobody is putting shot on LBJ that wasn't already there. The fact that people act like they don't smell the shit means nobody is cleaning it up. This is about fixing things, and instead of being about that, folks wanna pat him on the head, and stroke his ego even more. Why not come up with some damn solutions for the issues that even he acknowledged exist, instead of comparing his decision making with stupider athletes. I think he has enough yes men in his camp. Its clear he needs fixers and not excuse makers or enablers.

The guy is hands down one of the greatest talents to dribble a basketball, that's undeniable. Recognizing that isn't stroking his ego...

The reason why this is a discussion is there are those like you IWJ who actually think the guy needs 'fixers' and that there are those making excuses for him.

LBJ and the Heat really need no apologists. Now the media, Lebron and the Heat probably set the expectations so high (as I suggested earlier) that the accomplishment of making it to the NBA Finals by them is not appreciated for the feat it actually is just because they didn't win it.

Listen to yourself IWJ, you're suggesting there is something wrong with Lebron just because the Heat didn't win the championship this year.:facepalm:

What are you going to say (God forbid) if the Heat run off six in a row starting next season??? It could happen...I hope it doesn't because I'm not a fan of the Heat at all...nor D Wade and his phony coming up lame act every time he lands on anything but the soles of his shoes (honestly has there ever been a player carted to the dressing room in the middle of a game more than D-lame Wade??).

No, I am not suggesting there is something wrong with LBJ because the Heat did not win, there is something wrong because he simply takes no responsibility for anything he says and does. He talks too much and returns on his talk and hype and promises very little. If you can't see this, you're either naive or just being ignorant about it.

It's not that he didn't win this year... he hasn't won at all. That not an indictment on him as a player as much as it is he requires champion acknowledgement. He carries this 'Yeah, I didn't win this year... but be patient, my ring is waiting for me!' attitude which he CLEARLY exhibits in this tweet following the Finals:

The Greater Man upstairs know when it's my time. Right now isn't the time.

Not I'll work to elevate my game.
Not I'll be sure to improve along with the team.
No, GOD HIMSELF has deemed it not my time to win a ring. Otherwise... I'm good for it!!!

Bullshit like this is fucking piling up. I don't wanna hear about his amazing talent anymore, because that is not in question. What is in question is 'How come you keep demanding a king's treatment???' Where is the accountability? His talent and his attitude and promises don't add up. They haven't added up yet. He is the one that said he'd 'Win one for Cleveland'. He's the one pushing the 'Heatles' persona. He's the promising 5, 6, 7, etc... rings. He calls himself the Chosen One. He is claims to be King. He has even tattooed himself with these same values.

Yet when it came down to winning time; when it came time for him to put up or shut up... he did neither. And furthermore, he told you to get over it and deal with the personal problems you have already. Then when he gets questioned about it, we get 'Oh, did I say that??? What I meant was...' Don't act like I made any of this up. Yet all you cats are still on that 'It's okay, your still the greatest talent anyone has eeeeeeeever seen, LeBron.' 'No, LBJ, don't answer for your promises or the disappearing act in the 4th quarters, you just stay focused on maintaining your hype.'

All of this can be prevented. How? Try not making promises that you yourself can't immediately control, especially after you failed on one previously. Try not mocking your opponent during the Finals when cameras are present. Try a little more of low-key introduction. Try not copying the pregame routine of the guy you don't want to be compared with. Try backing up some of this hype and talk with results. Do what you say you will do, it's not a difficult concept.

...but why should this even be pointed out by me or anyone else?

No, I am not suggesting there is something wrong with LBJ because the Heat did not win, there is something wrong because he simply takes no responsibility for anything he says and does. He talks too much and returns on his talk and hype and promises very little. If you can't see this, you're either naive or just being ignorant about it.

It's not that he didn't win this year... he hasn't won at all. That not an indictment on him as a player as much as it is he requires champion acknowledgement. He carries this 'Yeah, I didn't win this year... but be patient, my ring is waiting for me!' attitude which he CLEARLY exhibits in this tweet following the Finals:

Not I'll work to elevate my game.
Not I'll be sure to improve along with the team.
No, GOD HIMSELF has deemed it not my time to win a ring. Otherwise... I'm good for it!!!

Bullshit like this is fucking piling up. I don't wanna hear about his amazing talent anymore, because that is not in question. What is in question is 'How come you keep demanding a king's treatment???' Where is the accountability? His talent and his attitude and promises don't add up. They haven't added up yet. He is the one that said he'd 'Win one for Cleveland'. He's the one pushing the 'Heatles' persona. He's the promising 5, 6, 7, etc... rings. He calls himself the Chosen One. He is claims to be King. He has even tattooed himself with these same values.

Yet when it came down to winning time; when it came time for him to put up or shut up... he did neither. And furthermore, he told you to get over it and deal with the personal problems you have already. Then when he gets questioned about it, we get 'Oh, did I say that??? What I meant was...' Don't act like I made any of this up. Yet all you cats are still on that 'It's okay, your still the greatest talent anyone has eeeeeeeever seen, LeBron.' 'No, LBJ, don't answer for your promises or the disappearing act in the 4th quarters, you just stay focused on maintaining your hype.'

All of this can be prevented. How? Try not making promises that you yourself can't immediately control, especially after you failed on one previously. Try not mocking your opponent during the Finals when cameras are present. Try a little more of low-key introduction. Try not copying the pregame routine of the guy you don't want to be compared with. Try backing up some of this hype and talk with results. Do what you say you will do, it's not a difficult concept.

...but why should this even be pointed out by me or anyone else?

Some times it is about timing.

However, re LBJ not delivering. The season before The Cavs got Lebron they had 17 wins I believe (2002-'03). By the 2006-07 the Cavs were in the NBA Finals dethroning EC champion Pistons in the process.

They were a young team playing the seasoned, Spurs. They lost.

The following season the Cavs made it to the EC Finals but lost to KG, Pierce and Allen in 7 games (where LBJ scored over 40 if I can remember correctly).

The next season the Cavs were in the EC Finals yet again but lost to Orlando.

The season following that they brought in Shaq (mistake) and lost to the Celts again..

Lebron goes to Miami....Miami makes it to the Finals...

That's not bad for being 26 years old IMO...:dunno:

How does that compare with say, Carmelo Anthony?

Some times it is about timing.

However, re LBJ not delivering. The season before The Cavs got Lebron they had 17 wins I believe (2002-'03). By the 2006-07 the Cavs were in the NBA Finals dethroning EC champion Pistons in the process.

They were a young team playing the seasoned, Spurs. They lost.

The following season the Cavs made it to the EC Finals but lost to KG, Pierce and Allen in 7 games (where LBJ scored over 40 if I can remember correctly).

The next season the Cavs were in the EC Finals yet again but lost to Orlando.

The season following that they brought in Shaq (mistake) and lost to the Celts again..

Lebron goes to Miami....Miami makes it to the Finals...

That's not bad for being 26 years old IMO...:dunno:

How does that compare with say, Carmelo Anthony?

Again, the problem isn't just the losing, it's the direct and indirect promise of winning and not fulfilling those promises and coming through on the hype that's the problem.

Carmello has not won anything on this level, but he certainly never made any promises either. He never said he was King. He never built the hype machine. He never starred in douchebag Nike Ads. At least... at fuckin' least... he has an NCAA championship, which as of now, is more than LeBron has put up anywhere! As I said before, people say they hate when LBJ gets compared but are then quick to do the comparing. Let's look at this for what it is: Nothing LBJ says or does is backed up by him.

Period.

I've heard enough about talent. I've heard enough about age. I've heard from LeBron. I've heard from LeBron fans and supporters. I've heard from the haters. I have yet to see anything that LeBron says or says he will do come to fruition, and he has said things and suggested things that have turned out to be shit. Every fuckin' time. He is a grown-ass man. He is not brand new to this. He is an NBA vet now. The Baby Bron days are over. It is winning time. It is put up or shut up time. You haven't put up what you've said so far, so that leaves shut up. It is that simple. My mom taught me at an early age: If you say you're gonna do something, then do it. No bullshit. No excuses. Do it. Forgive me for expecting that from someone who says they will do something time and time again.

Again, the problem isn't just the losing, it's the direct and indirect promise of winning and not fulfilling those promises and coming through on the hype that's the problem.

Carmello has not won anything on this level, but he certainly never made any promises either. He never said he was King. He never built the hype machine. He never starred in douchebag Nike Ads. As I said before, people say they hate when LBJ gets compared but are then quick to do the comparing. Let's look at this for what it is: Nothing LBJ says or does is backed up by him.

Period.

I've heard enough about talent. I've heard enough about age. I've heard from LeBron. I've heard from LeBron fans and supporters. I've heard from the haters. I have yet to see anything that LeBron says or says he will do come to fruition, and he has said things and suggested things that have turned out to be shit. Every fuckin' time. He is a grown-ass man. He is not brand new to this. He is an NBA vet now. The Baby Bron days are over. It is winning time. It is put up or shut up time. You haven't put up what you've said so far, so that leaves shut up. It is that simple.

:1orglaugh

Methinks someone doesn't understand what it takes to win championships and that it's never a one man accomplishment (in the NBA).

Ask Dirk...(Hell, Barkley too.:o)

I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean with promises of championships. I assume he has said something along those lines..I'm not sure of his specific quotes but personally I would certainly rather hear the superstar of the team I followed talking in those terms than him just going through the motions and offering the same platitudes.:dunno:

We just tend to disagree on this on. Personally I hope the Heat don't win shit that includes LBJ as long as he's there..because again, I don't like the Heat.

I fully understand what it takes to win championships, that's why it's not wise to promise them.

Once you do, and make it to the Finals (twice), you more than anyone else have to come through. When you don't, prepare to have to answer for it. It's one thing to list goals to accomplish, but when you can't back up your own words and hype, I'm gonna call you on it. Point blank. Again, no results, but mad excuses.

This man has not won, alienated fans, failed on promises, not lived up to the billing, not show during key moments in the most important games, failed on game winners all year, hid behind God via twitter, mocked his opponent on camera, cited karma on the city and team he left behind after a loss he didn't have anything to do with, did the Dougie during a fireworks and pyro filled intro, not shown any accountability either way, and gave a hearty 'fuck you' via a Nike ad and post game interview to everybody who decides to point all this out. You, me, and everyone else. Am I really just supposed to accept this because he is greatly talented?

Why should anyone?

can anybody tell me what is the big deal about ricky rubio. when he was drafted he was hyped enoumusly than he went to barca now he is coming back and should be the saviour of the wolves?? because of that report at nba.com i looked up his stats and watched a few videos. am i right that he is averaging about 6 points 3 assists and 3 boards in the euro league?? i mean wtf thats nothing. he is shooting 20% from deep and only gets his points by penetrating, what he wont do in the nba because there are better defenders. most of his threes are without any defense on him still just 20 %. players coming from college usually see their numbers drop in the nba a lot and he will not give you more than 6 points perhaps 5 assits(because of better teammates) and 0.8 boards or so. what is the big deal about him?

can anybody tell me what is the big deal about ricky rubio. when he was drafted he was hyped enoumusly than he went to barca now he is coming back and should be the saviour of the wolves?? because of that report at nba.com i looked up his stats and watched a few videos. am i right that he is averaging about 6 points 3 assists and 3 boards in the euro league?? i mean wtf thats nothing. he is shooting 20% from deep and only gets his points by penetrating, what he wont do in the nba because there are better defenders. most of his threes are without any defense on him still just 20 %. players coming from college usually see their numbers drop in the nba a lot and he will not give you more than 6 points perhaps 5 assits(because of better teammates) and 0.8 boards or so. what is the big deal about him?

The only way to save the wolves is to give them a shotgun and put them out of their misery once Kevin Love takes the route of his Timberwolves predecessor, whom he shares a namesake, and decides to leave for greener pastures.:1orglaugh Hell, Cleveland is being cut a better break than the wolves.

Watch his world championship play. He had a bad season this year but the kid can ball. Unreal court vision, unreal handle and he can shoot. Don't let his stats this year fool you, I've read a lot about him not being utilized properly in Barca's system.

He's big and plays solid D. I think he'll develop into a Rondo type guard with a better jumper.

Watch his world championship play. He had a bad season this year but the kid can ball. Unreal court vision, unreal handle and he can shoot. Don't let his stats this year fool you, I've read a lot about him not being utilized properly in Barca's system.

He's big and plays solid D. I think he'll develop into a Rondo type guard with a better jumper.

Have you seen Rondo's perimeter shooting? A better jumper than Rondo ain't sayin' a damn thing. The biggest downside to Rubio is his lack of athleticism, which will really show defensively. No way in almighty hell he can stay in front of the top or mid guards in the league. It also effects his jumper, as it is basically a set shot. That won't get it done in the NBA. His half court game is not fantastic either, but he speeds the game up with his handling ability in the fast and secondary break. He is pretty good around the rim, but he is gonna have to get more athletic, because Rose, Westbrook, Rondo, Ellis, and Paul amongst other are gonna abuse him on a nightly basis.