• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

MySpace, Facebook and others used for ID theft.

There is currently major concerns going round in Britain about MySpace, Facebook and sites like them. This is because of they are been used for identity theft. They are getting personal details and such clues from these pages and using them to get credit cards and such in the persons name. Then running up massive debts on the cards and such. One lady interview told of how the con men ran up over £50,000 in debt in her name.

So one of the questions now been asked is should these type of sites be regulated. Also make them limit the amount of personal details a person can put on such sites. Even banning the messages sections on them.

To me this has always been one of the reasons I don't use such sites. Because even if you limit the amount of personal details you put on about yourself. Family and friends always seem to leave them in their messages and such. Unaware and in a innocent way not knowing what can happen in the long run.

slowhand

Closed Account
I never use site's like that myspace has had problems before I say its a matter of time before they shut sites like that down. And I never put personal details about my self on the internet to many nuts out there.

I'd be very reluctant to give too much personal info at any of those places. Are they really getting peoples credit card details etc.?

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
id theft is the least of the problems regarding those ridiculous sites. i hope they fucking get nuked already. its just going to be problem after problem.

bigbadbrody

Banned
I have both, and I like them LOL

I know there are a lot of problems that can arise with the two sites, but on the other hand they are good.

I have come in contact with people that I have not seen since I graduated or even people that I was I grade 1 with. Other than rekindling old friendships, they are pretty useless and full of a lot of garbage

I don't know. I don't like Myspace. On the other hand I think if people are dumb enough to put that much personal information in them maybe they can't blame anybody else but themselves.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
I don't know. I don't like Myspace. On the other hand I think if people are dumb enough to put that much personal information in them maybe they can't blame anybody else but themselves.

yeah it should be personal responsibility. but once u sign up and log in, you regress. i dont know why but you do.

the younger generation are more comfortable with putting all of their information and almost like a diary of their day to day life on there

I use facebook, but I don't understand why people would have their credit card info on there.

They don't have there credit card info on there. The con men take all there personal details and fill in the what little gaps there are. Then take out credit cards and such in their name and use their address.

It because between them and their family and friends they leave just about all the information they need to do this.

Or then there is the other way been used. They know where they are going to be from their dairy. They also know what they look like from the picture they've posted. So they go along and lift their bag, house keys, wallet, etc and then do both the credit card scam. But also if they get time do over their house too.