• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Mortal Kombat (finally done right!?)

Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Reptile aren't the only characters getting costumes and fatalities. If you pre-order at Walmart, you get Mileena and if you pre-order at Toys R Us, you get Kitana. If you get the Kollector's or Tournament editions, regardless of where you buy the game, then you get Ermac.

I've pre-ordered the Kollector's Edition at Best Buy but I've now seen the fine print and it says that only the standard edition will get Sub-Zero.:mad: I may cancel my Best Buy pre-order and pre-order it at one of the other retailers because they're giving you the extra characters regardless of which one you buy.

I heard though that it might be possible to unlock all of these costumes and fatalities through the Krypt in the game.

Here's a look at Scorpion and Mileena:

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Love it!

Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Reptile aren't the only characters getting costumes and fatalities. If you pre-order at Walmart, you get Mileena and if you pre-order at Toys R Us, you get Kitana. If you get the Kollector's or Tournament editions, regardless of where you buy the game, then you get Ermac.

IMO Sub-Zero is still the best choice.
:2 cents:

As much as I've always loved and played with Sub-Zero, I totally agree on the Double-Freeze, it should've stayed. The lack of difficulty on the demo (I beat it kinda easily on expert) is kind of a bummer... but the higher you go on the ladder, the tougher they are so I'm hoping to get my ass kicked on the next levels in the full game!

Does anyone know if there will be a special character for the X-Box 360 version? I have PS3 so I'm glad to have Kratos but a few friends of mine are X-Boxers and we were wondering about that!!

Does anyone know if there will be a special character for the X-Box 360 version? I have PS3 so I'm glad to have Kratos but a few friends of mine are X-Boxers and we were wondering about that!!
I have both systems but I'm getting the XBOX 360 version because I have a fightpad for that system. As far as I know, the XBOX isn't getting an exclusive character and I can't think of any XBOX characters that would fit the MK universe like Kratos. I know Cliff Bleszinski was pushing to get one of the Gears of War characters in the game. That might of been cool because both systems would have had a character from a game with the initials GOW.

I've pre-ordered the Kollector's Edition at Best Buy but I've now seen the fine print and it says that only the standard edition will get Sub-Zero.:mad: I may cancel my Best Buy pre-order and pre-order it at one of the other retailers because they're giving you the extra characters regardless of which one you buy.

I heard though that it might be possible to unlock all of these costumes and fatalities through the Krypt in the game.

Here's a look at Scorpion and Mileena:

Another ninja has a pre-order skin/fatality. If you buy the [nobabe]Blu[/nobabe]-Ray versions of Mortal Kombat or Mortal Kombat: Annihilation on 4/19/2011, a PS3 code for Jade will be inside. Obviously, there is no XBOX 360 code because it's not a [nobabe]Blu[/nobabe]-Ray player.

I believe it has been confirmed that all of these "exclusives" will be DLC for both systems later on or unlockable through the Krypt.

Damn it. Thats right around the same time Socom 4 is coming out for PS3. Not going to have money for both. Which should I get? I have a feeling MK will be similar to the others.

The first two DLC characters have been announced. Kenshi (aka Blind Kenshi) and a new red female character similar to Kitana named Scarlet. No pricing details yet.

I would have actually bought the Tournament Edition if I could use the fight stick for another fighting game other than Mortal Kombat. A five button control scheme doesn't work well with Street Fighter.