• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Metal Evolution on Vh1

Patrick_S

persona non grata
care to elaborate?
It means "party" in swedish, it can also be used as a slang expression, and then it means that something is really great.

I found Steve Harris refusal to admit that Iron Maiden was influenced by punk rock quite funny, as it´s perfectly clear to anyone who listens to their first album that punk rock had a huge influence on their sound.

Love this series... it's awesome to have a show that dives into a genre that many people love but rarely ever gets press. :banger:

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Perfect... I hope they'll at least do a piece on Stoner Metal, if not a whole episode. They could just play an hour's worth of Hidden Hand and Spirit Caravan tunes and it would be perfect.

This week is the season finale.

No word if they are going to do anymore than the 11 episodes that have been shown this season.
Sam Dunn (director) has said that he has 26 sub genres of Heavy Metal that he has established and is working on.

This week is the season finale.

No word if they are going to do anymore than the 11 episodes that have been shown this season.
Sam Dunn (director) has said that he has 26 sub genres of Heavy Metal that he has established and is working on.

I hop he does more. I was really underwhelmed by the power metal episode. Not bad, just didn't care for it. Not really excited for the progressive metal episode either. There needs to be one on black metal, another on death metal, and another on metalcore.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Waaaaa. Children of Bodom are playing in Amsterdam in June and hubby dearest isn't interested in going with me.

Just thought I'd bitch a bit.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
I hop he does more. I was really underwhelmed by the power metal episode. Not bad, just didn't care for it. Not really excited for the progressive metal episode either. There needs to be one on black metal, another on death metal, and another on metalcore.

Check the VH1 link in my OP.

There has already been an episode on Black/Death Metal.

You can watch the episode on there if I'm not mistaken?

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
so ditch his ass

I don't really like going to concerts alone. o_O Unfortunately, none of my friends really like metal. They're more the dance/darkwave types, which is fine since I can always count on them to go to those shows with me.

Shifty

O.G.
Ok, so I've been listening to Amon Amarth for awhile now thanks to my friend TheSpokenWheel. :thumbsup:

More recently, I've gotten into Immortal. Awesome.

^^ When I first came across this video, I was a little put off by the costumes etc. But wow ... talk about riffing! Lots of melodic, heavy chords. Truly excellent drumming. :D

Abbath (guitars / vocals) brings a real swagger into the whole thing. Needless to say, I've been listening to these guys alot lately. Highly recommended. A few other songs I really like off the All Shall Fall album:

The thing about Black Metal is that you can't take it way too seriously, because then you're a rube. Just let the costumes and imagery play into the sound of the music and compliment the vibe. The trick is to pretend it's real, but when your done listening, you still know it was some kind of musical role-playing. Otherwise you end up in (comfy) Norwegian prison for 12 years coming to terms with what an idiot you were. Black Metal has alot to offer, but the face paint/spiked everything tends to put alot of people off before they really give it a chance.

On a fun note, I like to put on black metal paint (corpsepaint, as its called) for halloween instead of some cheesy costume. I've done King Diamond a couple times even Abbath (good thing I've got long hair).