• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Megadeth Vs. Metalica

The day Black came out, Metallica has bummed me out ever since.

Without looking it up, what date was it exacly?
I remember that day like it was yesterday, so let's hear it.

Metallica for me. Saw Megadeth for the first time about 3 years ago, opening up for Heaven & Hell and they were smokin'!! They would still be a great opening act for a Metallica show and trust me, I like Dave Mustaine's riffs and a lot of 'Deth tunes. I own every record too. Yes, own. Still Metallica for me though. :2 cents:

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
As of today, Metallica is a far better BAND.....their last album was their best in years while Megadeth is basically Dave Mustaine and whomever the best band he can put together to tour, is. Although, The System Has Failed ripped like a motherfucker! :glugglug:

I love them both, but it's Metallica that I like the best.

The day Black came out, Metallica has bummed me out ever since.

Black put them on the map...yes all the "true" fans want a band that is not known and considered rebellious but true talent prevails. I am a fan of older metallica but I love the fact that they became somewhat commercial and earned the money they deserved....

While I agree that James cant sing as good as he use to Metallica is still a way better band than Megadeth could ever be... IMO of course :thumbsup:

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
I'm no Heavy Metal kind of guy, I'm more into the traditional Blues, but I do enjoy to listen to Metallica & Megadeth

The new Metallica is so-so for me, nothing like the old school albums, those rock, but the local radio station does play a lot of Metallica but not enough Megadeth!! It's hard to choose between those two bands as a favorite as their styles are a bit different, I like them both, when I get tired of listening to one just change to the other.

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
That was back in the early 80's! Metallica are one of the originators, seeing them several times in concert, and in the small venues in my youth, in the whole heavy metal explosion cemented them for me as tops.

Cliff Burton metalica forever after the accident they sucked. so it all depends on what year your talking about. not a big megadeath guy. the dand deth is better and they dont have mega in their name. :thumbsup:

Old a Metallica albums are better but when it comes to the new albums, Megadeth is better.

But it is live that you can see the real value of a band and when it comes to live, Megadeth is no match for the 4 Horsemen.
Final

I think in a fist-fight Metallica would take them.

If weapons are involved, I'm going with Megadeth.

Is this a planned rumble? Is there a pool?

I love how a lot of people are hyping Death Magnetic as a return to form for the band. I've seen this on other forums. Please! have you ever tried to listen to it?. I mean REALLY LISTEN TO IT not just get excited because it is heavier than everything else they've done in the past fifteen years.

The vocals are terrible on any album made over the past 22 years. Hetfield is a lousey singer. What with all this hey hey hey yeah yeah yeah shit that he comes out with. Fuck off Jimmy your a dinosaur that is too old to rock now. So stop trying. The music on Death Magnetic still has that sold out (Load + Reload era) feel to it. Yes it is heavier but it still feels like they are trying to retain the sold out vibe they have. You fanboys can hear it in the music if you close your mouths and give your ears a chance!. The mixing is poor for the album and the drums sound like Ulrich is using a collection of empty Heinz beans cans.

Crapallica is riding on past glories. Because if they made music back in the day what they are making now, they wouldn't even be half as close to the popularity that they are experiencing just now.

Mustaine has more talent in his big toe than the whole of that "other band" put together. Davey boys riffs and solos ooze sheer talent (back then and now) compared to Kirk Lee Hammett's run of the mill 80's thrash riffing and soloing (which was him at his best).

Megadeth is a band that fires off sheer undiluted energy.

Metallica was a band that produced loud and heavy music.

Megadeth's Endgame pisses on (from high above) everything below that Crapallica has done in the past 22 years!. The best thing that wee midget drummer bastard and Jimmy Hetfield ever did, was chuck Dave out the band. Cos that mistake (by them) brought about the creation of an even better band than the previous band Mustaine was in.

David Mustaine have proven his band still has what it takes to bring it with the Endgame album. The future looks bright for them. Crapallica on the other hand they will still retain that dull and lifeless music vibe that they have at the moment. They are too busy sitting in their mansions burning money for kicks to bother about quality music anymore. They got lazy to the point of no return. I take the piss out of them every chance I get. Respect is given when it is due. And it is not due anytime soon for a bunch of old farts who's Metal Flame went out decades ago that play mainstream music!.

Old a Metallica albums are better but when it comes to the new albums, Megadeth is better.

But it is live that you can see the real value of a band and when it comes to live, Megadeth is no match for the 4 Horsemen.
Final

That is Crapallica at their best. Showmen. Not musicians. They are four business men with a company (not a band) called Metallica. There is no need for such gimmicks as they use in their shows. That sort of thing is there to distract the audience from the lackings else where. Tactics used by mainstream groups because their music isn't enough to entertain.

I love how a lot of people are hyping Death Magnetic as a return to form for the band. I've seen this on other forums. Please! have you ever tried to listen to it?. I mean REALLY LISTEN TO IT not just get excited because it is heavier than everything else they've done in the past fifteen years.

The vocals are terrible on any album made over the past 22 years. Hetfield is a lousey singer. What with all this hey hey hey yeah yeah yeah shit that he comes out with. Fuck off Jimmy your a dinosaur that is too old to rock now. So stop trying. The music on Death Magnetic still has that sold out (Load + Reload era) feel to it. Yes it is heavier but it still feels like they are trying to retain the sold out vibe they have. You fanboys can hear it in the music if you close your mouths and give your ears a chance!. The mixing is poor for the album and the drums sound like Ulrich is using a collection of empty Heinz beans cans.

Crapallica is riding on past glories. Because if they made music back in the day what they are making now, they wouldn't even be half as close to the popularity that they are experiencing just now.

Mustaine has more talent in his big toe than the whole of that "other band" put together. Davey boys riffs and solos ooze sheer talent (back then and now) compared to Kirk Lee Hammett's run of the mill 80's thrash riffing and soloing (which was him at his best).

Megadeth is a band that fires off sheer undiluted energy.

Metallica was a band that produced loud and heavy music.

Megadeth's Endgame pisses on (from high above) everything below that Crapallica has done in the past 22 years!. The best thing that wee midget drummer bastard and Jimmy Hetfield ever did, was chuck Dave out the band. Cos that mistake (by them) brought about the creation of an even better band than the previous band Mustaine was in.

David Mustaine have proven his band still has what it takes to bring it with the Endgame album. The future looks bright for them. Crapallica on the other hand they will still retain that dull and lifeless music vibe that they have at the moment. They are too busy sitting in their mansions burning money for kicks to bother about quality music anymore. They got lazy to the point of no return. I take the piss out of them every chance I get. Respect is given when it is due. And it is not due anytime soon for a bunch of old farts who's Metal Flame went out decades ago that play mainstream music!.

That is Crapallica at their best. Showmen. Not musicians. They are four business men with a company (not a band) called Metallica. There is no need for such gimmicks as they use in their shows. That sort of thing is there to distract the audience from the lackings else where. Tactics used by mainstream groups because their music isn't enough to entertain.

as far as im concerned you are the smartest sounding person to add to this yet
MEGADAVE forever