• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Max Keiser - Tea Parties Completely Co-Opted by Generic Conservatives

It's a shame to see the TP infiltrated, watered down and taken over by NeoConservatives :(

I don't see the difference.

^ Exactly! The Tea Party Movement started out legit at first until GOP operatives infiltrated the TPN which is now the GOP by another name :(

The Tea Baggers are Neo Cons

^ The majority of them sure are. It seems as if there no Chance in hell that genuine conservatives will ever be able to create an alternative 3rd party without being infiltrated and taken over by fake conservatives :(

Max Keiser is one creepy, annoying dude. "Anti-terror" laws stamp out the possibility of a grass roots movement? I'd love to hear that one explained in detail.

I actually agree with him that taking the term "Tea Party" and attaching it to this supposed anti-status quo/Washington movement is a bit lame. The Boston Tea Party and the American Revolution will be remembered as momentous historical events because they were actions that involved great risk and tremendous boldness whereas the "Tea Party movement" consists of holding signs and repeating mantras.

I like the idea of protest and I like that so many Americans aren't happy with the government as is...and are willing to voice frustration, but I think there may be some* truth to this accusation. Yesterday, while watching the Atlanta Tea Party, I saw no less than four signs saying, "What Would Reagan Do?" Reagan would raise tax, increase the deficit and ban guns...just like he did when he was president. There are no "Repeal the Patriot Act" signs. No "Reverse Kelo v. City of New London" banners.

*quoting TPN's website charter hardly constitutes the hundred of individual unaffiliated "Tea Parties", and thousands and thousands of gatherers, being "Completely Co-Opted by Generic Conservatives." There were no elections naming the heads of the movement. Hell, I can start my own "Tea Party" website and claim that I represent everybody. It doesn't make it true. "Completely" is a pretty bold, and quite frankly, inaccurate term in this case.

^ as usual you have nothing intelligent to say

^ thanks for admitting that you have nothing intelligent to contribute that's why you derail this thread with your unfunny cliches and ignorance

We all knew the day would come. The Tea Baggers were useful in 2009 but now that we're in an election year...it's time for the Big Elephant to come out of the closet and take back power :republicanfist: ;)

I have the popcorn ready for when FauxNews turns on the Tea Baggers and starts the Mitt Romney love affair "BREAKING NEWS!!! FOX FLASH!! THE NATION HAS ITS EYES ON MITT ROMNEY" "oh, and thanks for the ratings tea baggers"

There is an overlap of true libertarians and what are now called conservative, but for once I agree with HR, it's been heavily co-opted by the Sarah Palins of the US, whereas it was started by the Ron Pauls.

I stand with Dr. Paul.

It really is a shame that Palin, Hannity, Beck and Faux news have tried to infiltrate or have already infiltrated this movement. The movement is filled with politically unaware sheep, if they could be so easily manipulated. It seems they are just a bunch of angry fools who are mad that Obama and democrats are in the whitehouse. They are not really clear on what they stand for. If they care about liberty as they say they do, they should make repealing the "patriot" act their top priority. They should look at what makes a Neo con a Neo con, and focus on being the polar opposite.

There is an overlap of true libertarians and what are now called conservative, but for once I agree with HR, it's been heavily co-opted by the Sarah Palins of the US, whereas it was started by the Ron Pauls.

I stand with Dr. Paul.

I think the Paul supporters are a separate lot. He gave a speech for the Freedom Works Foundation on the 15th, but I'm not sure I consider them to be part of the "Tea Party" movement since they predate it. He was met with mixed reaction and I think his message doesn't fit the most populist "Tea Party" rhetoric.

If it can be said that the "Tea Parties" really have an agenda, ending the Federal Reserve, creating a new gold standard and ceasing to occupy foreign military bases don't seem to be among the top priorities.

Tea baggers are FUCKING IDIOTS..PERIOD, THE END!

Evidence? They actually pay Sarah Palin to talk to them.:rolleyes:

Case closedddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!