• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Tea Party Isn’t a Political Movement, It’s a Religious One

All that guy writes about for Daily Beast is how much he hates Christians, Tea Partiers and non-liberals. He's just a jerk. I'm glad people didn't give him any leniency in the comment section.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
^^^THIS!

If not for the extremist social positions held by so many of the various TEA party chapters and leaders, I would have probably joined as well. I've never been a Democrat or a Republican... and I never will be. On any given day, all I can say is that I may hate one more than the other on that day. I really do believe what George Washington said during his farewell address: political parties and partisanship will eventually destroy the republic. But I did join United We Stand back in the early 90's. And that movement/party really was rather non-partisan. It really was based on economics and creating a better life for all based on creating better jobs and sounder fiscal policies. At least in the chapter meetings that I attended, you saw all kinds of people from all walks of life. You might have a college professor from UVA's Darden School of Business sitting beside a student from a community college or a blue collar guy/gal who worked the night shift at a local factory. Race, religion, gender, wealth, educational level, etc. did not play into that movement. Despite how Animus might feel (or what he might *want* to believe), the TEA party movement has indeed relied too heavily on promoting social and religious beliefs. I know a few people who are fiscal conservatives or libertarians who are members - and I can talk to them. There is one who I see eye-to-eye with on a great many issues. We talk economics and he knows his stuff - we don't delve into social or religious discussions. But as the movement has now become a catch-all for any and every paranoid, extremist wingnut on the far right, people who have some modicum of sanity and knowledge about (actual) economic theories and fiscal/monetary policies have no desire to be connected with this/these groups. Call it snobbery or whatever, but anyone who considers himself to be knowledgeable, or one who relies on facts, data and information to drive his decision making, rather than just blind ideology, cannot bring himself to sit and listen to the likes of a Sarah P@lin, Michele Bachmann, Christine O'Donnell, Joe "the Plumber" Wurzelbacher or Todd Akin ramble on about social issues. By supporting and promoting these poster children of retardedness, the TEA party(s) continues to dig its own grave with those who just don't hang out with stupid/ignorant/extremist/paranoid people in real life. And IMO, that is why this movement never has and never will get the respect that United We Stand had. Dump the retards and promote people who are capable of speaking to economic and business initiatives (not just parroting the term "free markets" at every opportunity) and I'll join tomorrow.

And as you touched on in your last sentence, yes, as the movement gained traction, many displaced/shamed neo-cons ran in the door and pretended to change their stripes. Not to put too fine a point on it, but in the years after WWII many of East Germany's top Communist leaders had been Nazis during the war. Nazis and Commies are like cats and dogs, so how could this be? Because, just like the neo-cons, there are people who will call themselves anything, as long as that anything leads to them recapturing some of the power that they once had. That's what it's all about.

To be honest, I think what's happened to the TEA party (where it's gone) is really unfortunate. To borrow an old movie line: they coulda been somebody... they coulda been a contenda.

Particularly-

Call it snobbery or whatever, but anyone who considers himself to be knowledgeable, or one who relies on facts, data and information to drive his decision making, rather than just blind ideology, cannot bring himself to sit and listen to the likes of a Sarah P@lin, Michele Bachmann, Christine O'Donnell, Joe "the Plumber" Wurzelbacher or Todd Akin ramble on about social issues. By supporting and promoting these poster children of retardedness, the TEA party(s) continues to dig its own grave with those who just don't hang out with stupid/ignorant/extremist/paranoid people in real life.

The Tea Party is full of fakes, everyone you mentioned are as phony as they come, and lets not forget the King of the Pretenders, Glenn Beck the main retard that's been the color guard. I hope the GOP wakes up and stops hanging its hopes on these fools.

xfire

What's Michele Bachmann's sexy ass been up to since she left congress? I'll pour her some Tea anytime.

A tea party/conservative hottie must have rejected xman's affections at one point.

xfire

A tea party/conservative hottie must have rejected xman's affections at one point.

One of these days you should look up Lufkin, Texas on the map, bro, it would be very easy to find a tea party hottie to break my heart, but, as Jagger recently pointed out, most of the heifers in my neck o' the woods are ready for market, good thing I'm a chubby chaser. :D

One of these days you should look up Lufkin, Texas on the map, bro, it would be very easy to find a tea party hottie to break my heart, but, as Jagger recently pointed out, most of the heifers in my neck o' the woods are ready for market, good thing I'm a chubby chaser. :D

lol

"No sense of harmony, no sense of time. Don't mention harmony, just say what it is, what it is,what ii is"

Give a shock and they will raise their hands (Fox News watchers)

The Koch sucking GOP supporters theme song!