• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Penn on Glenn Beck's Tea Party At the Alamo

Yes, I believe you're referring to the answer he gave to the question about why he decided to take up that particular cause over any other. If so then you're absolutely right it was an excellent answer.

Correct in one.

He came entirely out of character, and made, what I truly believe, a very personal answer filled with a conviction I can support.

:thumbsup:

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I wonder if they can find Pee Wee Herman's bike which is locked up in the basement.

Interesting vid, but Penn reveals the shallowness of his political principles.

It might be interesting to hang out with him for a few hours and see his Vegas show or whatever, but his "I love Glenn Beck" and appreciation for Ayn Rand just make me think this guy's not really paying very close attention. About what I'd expect of a Vegas libertarian. the last book he read was in high school (Atlas Shrugged) and since then he's been distracted by money and pussy in Vegas, when he's not working on his comedy career.

Glenn Beck is libertarian so it wouldn't be correct to call him a a genuine conservative.

Republicans and Libertarians are genuine fiscal conservatives, but generic Conservatives such as Glen Beck or Libertarian in Name Only but not in practice.

Too lazy to read all responses, but Penn is not a "Conservative" even under you NeoCon/Conservative distinction. He's a Libertarian. When have pre-NeoCon "Conservatives" favored pro-gay marriage, pro-choice and Jeffersonian separation of Church and State?

That being said, Penn Jilette is tea-totaler who owns no guns and champions the abolition to most gun control, the drug war and even home distillery. He's also one of the few who realizes that burning books on any side is a trivial gesture at best. Thanks for pointing people towards him. I mean that sincerely.

The more I read your posts, the more I see a Libertarian who's just not ready to abandon all the shit that was force fed into you in college. You respect people like Ron Paul and laugh at people like Mitt Romney...even though Romney has more in common with Obama than Paul ever has.

Maybe you're just a man of spine and gumption. But where is that on the Left OR Right?

Did you watch the video? I know Penn is a Libertarian and he says that he's not only a Libertarian, but that he's a fiscal conservative and pro legalization of all drugs. A Libertarian once told me that one doesn't need to be in the GOP to be considered a fiscal Conservative. He also said the main thing the Libertarian Party has in common with the GOP is fiscal conservatism but that the GOP are nothing but NeoCons who are not fiscally conservative as they will have their base of supporters believe.

I think Beck is a just crazy little man that may not believe half the shit he say,but then again it helps him get more... GOLD!

I think Beck is a just crazy little man that may not believe half the shit he say,but then again it helps him get more... GOLD!
I just have the problem of listening to him...sometimes he makes good points, but alot of the time it just seems like generic noise.

Penn is just awesome! He's a Libertarian he just wants the Government to quit fucking with people. Thank you Penn!!

Republicans and Libertarians are genuine fiscal conservatives, but generic Conservatives such as Glen Beck or Libertarian in Name Only but not in practice.

Did you watch the video? I know Penn is a Libertarian and he says that he's not only a Libertarian, but that he's a fiscal conservative and pro legalization of all drugs. A Libertarian once told me that one doesn't need to be in the GOP to be considered a fiscal Conservative. He also said the main thing the Libertarian Party has in common with the GOP is fiscal conservatism but that the GOP are nothing but NeoCons who are not fiscally conservative as they will have their base of supporters believe.

Yes, but you didn't call him a "fiscal Conservative". You called him a "genuine Conservative." Spending is only one aspect of any political philosophy.

Out of curiosity, do you have respect for people like Friedman and Buckley?