• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
one of my sisters made Chicken Breasts with Red Beans and Rice for dinner

Mariahxxx

Official Checked Star Member
actually broiling is NOT grilling.

grilling is to cook OVER flames... broiling is to cook UNDER flames. heat comes from a totally different direction and flames never touch the food as they do when grilling.

sounds good babe! love red beans n rice.

actually broiling is NOT grilling.

grilling is to cook OVER flames... broiling is to cook UNDER flames. heat comes from a totally different direction and flames never touch the food as they do when grilling.

sounds good babe! love red beans n rice.

So funny. Grilling in the UK is to cook under the heat.

georges

Staff member
for me yesterday for diner was a home made paella with some pork, mushrooms, red and green pepers and curry sauce alongwith a vegeterian salad and a sangria as a drink

Mariahxxx

damn that sounds really good :)

getting this week's recipes together. gonna do some southern soul food this week! turkey neck potatoes and corn on the cobb boiled in zatarans spicy crab boil, red beans n rice with spicy cajun sausage, mustard-based bbq sauce, bbq cole slaw, pulled pork sandwiches, key lime pie, and something I came up with...a super thin ground ribeye burger with jalepino sharp cheddar cheese on grilled ciabatta slices, peppered pickles and garlic mayo

damn that sounds really good :)

getting this week's recipes together. gonna do some southern soul food this week! turkey neck potatoes and corn on the cobb boiled in zatarans spicy crab boil, red beans n rice with spicy cajun sausage, mustard-based bbq sauce, bbq cole slaw, pulled pork sandwiches, key lime pie, and something I came up with...a super thin ground ribeye burger with jalepino sharp cheddar cheese on grilled ciabatta slices, peppered pickles and garlic mayo

That all sounds absolutely fantastic.

Mariahxxx

mariahs-cheaters-canol-front.jpg

Being Sicilian I grew up eating canolis. They are my favorite dessert. I have had them all over the US and also in Italy. Believe it or not it’s hard to find canoli’s in Italy unless you’re in Sicily. Making them is not hard, other than the shell. Those are tough to do well. So I buy my shells at my local Italian deli/bakery because they are amazing! Also when you make them the traditional way, using ricotta cheese there is a lot of prep time and time allowing the ricotta to setup. So I don’t use ricotta, I use mascarpone and vanilla pudding! That’s right! Watch this video! I learned this from a friend who made this at a dinner party last year and have been in love with the recipe ever since!
What You’ll Need:
canoli shells
8oz mascarpone cheese
4 cups vanilla pudding
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 Italian cookies with sprinkles
1 Italian cookie with chocolate sprinkles
1 disposable piping bag

mariahs-cheaters-canoli1.jpg

mariahs-cheaters-canoli2.jpg

mariahs-cheaters-canoli3.jpg

mariahs-cheaters-canoli4.jpg

mariahs-cheaters-canoli5.jpg

mariahs-cheaters-canoli6.jpg

mariahs-cheaters-canoli7.jpg

mariahs-cheaters-canoli8.jpg

mariahs-cheaters-canoli9.jpg

mariahs-cheaters-canoli10.jpg

these will make you forget all about the traditional canolis you are used to! I promise!
checkout http://dinnerwithmariah.com for all my cooking videos!
xoxo
Mariah

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
so no feedback on my london broil? that thing turned out amazing!

Not so fast young lady. I noticed shortly after posting my request for the London you had it up here. I viewed the video and wanted to thank you right away but I went into my Little India hearing about a butcher there and found it. Weird place. The smell was clean and all open cutting with lamb and goat hanging. 3 cutting 1 taking orders and a manager. The prices posted were beef, veal, lamb, and goat. All Halal. They were seperated by whole, bone in. boneless, and ground. That's it. 1 price listed for each and no idea what it would be. There were some cuts of goat and lamb in the case with chicken and grounds but I had no idea what else they had. No pork and I didn't expect it.

Bone in beef was t-bone $4.99. I jumped on for 6. Boneless was London at $4.29 which is much higher than supermarket but I wanted to see it. How bad could it be? What they brought out to cut from was small. Nothing that hacks off like the standard big slab of beef for London. 2 cuts gave me about 2 pounds. What I think I got was roast cuts. Came home too late and tired from other shopping to do it up. I was looking forward to one of those t-bones BUT YOUR ABOVE GUILT is making do the London tonight. I wish I wasn't so lazy to fix my camera situation. I do want to take pictures. Good or bad, however it turns out, I'd like to post my food here too.

georges

Staff member
with such delicious meals:drool2: , I would be forced to exercise and go to the gym every week end to stay in shape

Mariahxxx

what REALLY sucks is that due to my diet I've been on I can only take 1 or 2 bights of everything that has carbs! :( My neighbor gets everything else. I've lost 20 pounds so far, with a bit more to go! :)

let me know how the London Broil turns out! I would love to see!

bobjustbob

Did Your London. I was scared because my piece was small and I noticed your bacon was thicker than what I had on hand. I split the garlic but punched the holes with the same spacing you showed. Added a little more heat and cooked it shorter than 45 minutes. The adjustment worked out great and looked just like yours but on a smaller scale. I sautéed some onions and mushrooms just before it came out. Added the bacon-beef drippings to the pan and fried up some little left over mashed potato pancakes for the 5 minute wait. Dinner is served perfect medium rare.

I want to also give you credit for serving and eating it in chunks. London usually is sliced thin but in the chunk form with the bacon it made the chew so fucking great. I've been avoiding London despite the prices I get it on sale for. Not any more. That cut CAN be cooked and you showed me how. A big greasy bacon kiss on the cheek for you.

Mariahxxx

Sicilian-asparagus-mushrooms-front.jpg

One of my favorite trips I have ever taken was when I flew to Florence and rented a car and took 10 days to drive down the coast to Sicily. The difference in cultures and foods as I went was amazing. Sicily is all about the red sauce and seafoods and the salts. They have these amazing cafes with so many different things. One of the most memorable was this lunch I had in this little coastal village called Capo d'Orlando. They served grilled asparagus with mushrooms and a side of prosciutto e melone which is prosciutto and melon. Fantastic and something I'll never forget!
What You'll Need:
Asparagus
medley of mushrooms of your choice
1 lemon
prosciutto
melon
This is traditional Sicilian food that is so amazing and so simple. Just how life should be!

Sicilian-asparagus-mushrooms1.jpg

Sicilian-asparagus-mushrooms2.jpg

Sicilian-asparagus-mushrooms3.jpg

Sicilian-asparagus-mushrooms4.jpg

Sicilian-asparagus-mushrooms5.jpg

Sicilian-asparagus-mushrooms6.jpg

Sicilian-asparagus-mushrooms7.jpg

Sicilian-asparagus-mushrooms8.jpg

Sicilian-asparagus-mushrooms10.jpg

checkout http://dinnerwithmariah.com for all my cooking videos!
xoxo
Mariah

bobjustbob

just saw the light on the slow cooker turn yellow meaning, my pork shoulder is READY! :)

Good timing for the shoulder recipe. With hams ready to cut for Easter those pork shoulders will be plentiful and on sale. God bless my chest freezer.

Mariahxxx

here's the pulled pork sandwich I made last night! :) entire pork shoulder with a rub of kosher salt, black pepper and cayenne, cooked 11 hours in my crock pot on a bed of onions and limes. pulled and mixed with a homemade mustard bbq sauce and topped with my homemade buttermilk coleslaw all on a fresh poppy seed kaiser role ;) that looks better than a big set of tits doesn't it? :)

pulled-pork-sandwich.jpg