• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

luis1972: what can we do to make him stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodsEmbryo

Closed Account
This seems to be a microcosm of an attitude around here (not particularly personal to you, GE) that Talk has gone downhill and a lamenting for "the good old days" - which you will note from my join date, I must have missed out on - and generally suggestion that most of the threads that crop up on the first page of Talk are rubbish. My question is... what should we be talking about?? Take away the Religion/Politics, Sports and Games subsections, and I still see threads talking about food & drink, music..... ummm, "Ettiquette" etc etc... what is it exactly that we're missing that was so prevalent in "the good old days?" Is it the actual threads/topics, or the fact that the board was once a hive of activity from intelligent and funny posters, many of who have jacked it in, and that the posters that have joined in the interim simply don't measure up to the previous yardstick?
If so, I'm sorry for bringing down the tone and will stick to the wanking threads from now on. ;)

:1orglaugh I wasn't even lamenting for "the good old days" or how everything is going "downhill". I can only offer you the way I see it...

No, I don't think the threads were that much different when it comes to topics. Although I do miss... I-forgot-his-name-because-I'm-bad-at-remembering-names, who made interesting threads about topics like coloured pictures of WWII, space, science, historical events, etc. No, if the board doesn't offer 'interesting' material we're all to blame for it. Including me. If someone is interested in something it's easy to create a thread about it. So that's not really the issue here and that's not the reason why some people grumble. Personally I don't really care for the "Where/When/what did you..."-threads but others might find them useful and interesting. Who am I to judge? Some other threads though attract trolls and any discussion soon dies. So if you want to have a discussion or some fun the options are getting thin.

Personally I think this whole discussion is mainly about rules or the way they are applied in another way then used to be. We have OCSM's saying they don't post in the Talk-section because people are mean and rude to them, we have members complaining about trolls, and former moderators who had issues with the way they had to handle the board because of the loosely applied rules. I'm not going to start a discussion on that (that's not the point of this thread) but at least we can see that there is something going on. And that is what the long time members refer to when they are "lamenting for the good old days".

In other words there's some frustration going around, and things will need to be addressed sooner or later.

Last edited:

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
Wow. Some of you are taking this board way too seriously.

Luis, I have to say that, after your response in this thread, you're a standup guy. If I were to say that the short replies didn't annoy me from time to time, I'd be lying, but I also remember that I'm guilty of the same behavior. Carry on any way you see fit.

When I first came here (so to speak), I was really lacking in typing speed, and I kept my comments short and to the point for that reason. I'm still slow, but I'm also a lot faster than I used to be.

Life is hard. Laugh harder.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
You remember when I called you an asshole and apologized for it (I'm sure you do because you threw it immediately back in my face). Well I was wrong... to apologize.

Hey, there's plenty of shit I don't care about on here, you for instance. Which is why I ignored your first slight. But of course you had to address me personally, so whatever... :dunno:

Do you feel better now that you've been acknowledged? Great.

Funny thing about you is that, unlike with luis my issue with you can be solved with a click of a button...

Bye%20Alex_m.jpg

... and you're not worth wasting my time on.
Use of Ignore Button = Bitch ass status.

No grown up should have to use a button to "force" themselves to not read something.

Since he can't read that, someone please relay that to him.
Thanx :hatsoff:

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
Use of Ignore Button = Bitch ass status.

No grown up should have to use a button to "force" themselves to not read something.

Since he can't read that, someone please relay that to him.
Thanx :hatsoff:

Done.

I wouldn't have said it quite that way, but I agree with the bolded part. I'm sure there's another perspective, and I'm also sure we'll see it. :cool:

Assari is a terrible poster who contributes absolutely nothing to the board. Anyone have any solutions for how to make this situation better?

#fixed

The only solution I can accept for this asswipe is a fucking permanent ban.

luis1972's posts doesn't bother me in the least. They are tame in comparison to some of the real bullshit posts by certain m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶s̶ trolls here.

Well, while many think I shouldn't have started this thread, I think this is probably the most level headed discussion about current board status. So, there it is.

There does seem to be consensus about assari, though. Perhaps some thought could be given to that.

Also, let me weigh in on this. The board is different, there is no question. Decisions were made about rules, about censoring certain behaviours, and that had a direct impact on the board. Such is life. I'm done bitching about it and about other members. I'll enjoy it, or I'll go away. I'd encourage others to take the attitude with me, and agree that the talk section is only going to be as good as we make it.

Posting rules that will actually be enforced consistently would be helpful.

:facepalm:

Elwood, man... I don't have to force myself to do anything. I just don't give a shit about alex and don't particularly care to read what he writes, making quoting him specifically for me a waste of both of our time. Nothing he's ever put forward has been of interest to me, and to be frank I'm tired of him. The majority of alex's input that I've seen has been him coming out of left field to harass M12. Hey, I've had my issues with M12 myself, but still I never come out of nowhere to hassle the guy. Fact is, rarely do I make an issue of anyone who annoys me, including alex. You'll notice until he addressed me directly that I ignored him despite him taking a jab at me. There's just no point to it. That said, if someone else brings up someone I don't like, sure, I might chime in about my displeasure (as this topic shows), or I might do it if they are actively acting out in an offensive manner (and I'm talking, like, dehumanizing shit not just being a bit of a prick). Beyond that... I tend to ignore people the old fashioned way just fine.

The only time I use my ignore list is for people who've never managed to offer anything to a conversation that I can be bothered reading. That's it. Period. Hell, ASSARI isn't on my ignore list. That should tell you something. Basically it's a time saving device because I figure it's quicker than scrolling past any longer posts that they might toss out. Hell, I even said I'd have luis on ignore by now except that his posts are so short it wouldn't make things any better. That said, some of luis' posts since this topic have improved. Are they still short? Sure, but that was never the problem. The couple I've seen from him since have actually had some content, and the lack there was what was bothering me before. So maybe this thread did some good, and I applaud the guy for that.

Fact is, aside from being a petty asshole, what alex offers up is generally rather stupid. Take for instance the fact that he says: "No grown up should have to use a button to "force" themselves to not read something." just as you pointed out. This is from the guy who just told me to shut up a couple of times in a single post. So apparently he feels compelled to tell me to save my input because he can't manage to force himself to not read my posts. Or did this not occur?

Also, I've explained to him before that I have Asperger's and that being long winded is a part of that. People with my condition are predisposed to use language in odd ways. I tend to over-articulate and be overly formal. It's how I am, I have no control over it and have to put a fair amount of effort into coming off as informal, and often times it ends up seeming awkward. He knows this, but still decided to bust my balls over it, again. So he wants to poke fun at my disability. Why am I supposed to want to waste time reading what he writes again...? Why should I care what he thinks? Why should I bother letting his input take up more screen space than necessary when I can simply shut the door on him (at least until, you know, you decide to make it an issue)?

He's on ignore because his messages are longer than the ignore notification and he's neither worth the time it takes to read, nor scroll past. He wasn't even worth the time it took to address that he wasn't worth the time to address. I did this because I tend to respect you as a poster, Elwood and you suggested there might be another perspective. So yeah, there is another perspective and that's it. Satisfactory enough reason?

I never had a problem Luis or his 3-word replies. I try to keep things as short as possible. You know the saying - brevity is the soul of wit.

Oh, and he's repped the shit outta me. So there's that.

Mayhem

Banned
Well, while many think I shouldn't have started this thread, I think this is probably the most level headed discussion about current board status. So, there it is.

There does seem to be consensus about assari, though. Perhaps some thought could be given to that.

Also, let me weigh in on this. The board is different, there is no question. Decisions were made about rules, about censoring certain behaviours, and that had a direct impact on the board. Such is life. I'm done bitching about it and about other members. I'll enjoy it, or I'll go away. I'd encourage others to take the attitude with me, and agree that the talk section is only going to be as good as we make it.

Posting rules that will actually be enforced consistently would be helpful.

As someone who has felt his internal cranial pressure spike because of something obtuse posted by assari, I will always remain his biggest defender. He has remained polite, far politer than me and the vast majority of the rest of us. He does post his share of decent threads, unlike some people who complain yet post no threads of their own (I'm not pointing at, or even thinking of anyone specific. But there are people who do this). And while he does poke with the occasional stick, he is a far cry from being the troll that some accuse him of being. That's the way I feel, at least.

I have in the last hour, been given cause to wonder, after calling out luis, and now assari; how does Will E Worm escape mention? To quote an otherwise forgettable movie, "He leaves a trail of manure behind him that could fertilize the Sinai." He makes one nonsensical comment after another, provides no explanation or rationale for his own drivel and is the very definition of troll. This thread would have made much more sense to me if it had been addressed to him.

I have in the last hour, been given cause to wonder, after calling out luis, and now assari; how does Will E Worm escape mention? To quote an otherwise forgettable movie, "He leaves a trail of manure behind him that could fertilize the Sinai." He makes one nonsensical comment after another, provides no explanation or rationale for his own drivel and is the very definition of troll. This thread would have made much more sense to me if it had been addressed to him.

Will is frequently addressed. Heck, he has his own meme involving Maryland.

He does post his share of decent threads, unlike some people who complain yet post no threads of their own.

You stupid fucker. You're talking about me, aren't you?
:mad:

;)

I don't bother calling out Will anymore. I'll remind people that he called for mass murders to prove his point, and I'll continue to challenge him from time to time. That's unavoidable, as he is a complete shitstain that posts his opinion as fact, is a racist, a bigot, a misogynist, and an uneducated bumpkin that has no grasp of reality. But take the trouble to call him out in a thread? Totally not worth it. He's not going to get censored, he's not going to go away, and he's certainly not going to listen.

Luis took the high ground in this thread, and seems to have actually made adjustments to his posts since. That's admirable.

Will would say something like: "No. You're wrong. :tongue:" and that would be the end of it.

There's just no point.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
I don't bother calling out Will anymore.

But take the trouble to call him out in a thread? Totally not worth it.
Um, you just did, in a passive-aggressive kind of way. :D :cool:

But, considering who we're talking about - and the fact that you're dead-on in your assessment - I'll only bust balls a little...

Um, you just did, in a passive-aggressive kind of way. :D :cool:

But, considering who we're talking about - and the fact that you're dead-on in your assessment - I'll only bust balls a little...

Allow a clarification. I won't create a thread anymore in which to call him out. I'll just poke him in other threads. Because he deserves it.

But, by all means. Continue ball busting. God knows I deserve it.
:D

Oryan

Banned
Don't call out Will because his behavior won't change. Why wouldn't that logic apply to every single member here? There is an elitist mentality with certain people here. People that think because they dont like it, it should change. People were actually saying Luis should be banned? Unbelievable. His post count is less important than anybody elses? Who gives a shit? There is people here who aren't mods that think they can take itupon themselves to figure out what to do with someone they dont care for. Are you serious? Sad. I wish Luis told them to go fuck themselves, in as many words because that's the response these clowns deserve. The people complaining post gif wars in whatever thread they feel like, but Luis, you better up the quality of your posts! Wouldn't want to get on someones bad side.

People were actually saying Luis should be banned? Unbelievable.

Actually I don't think anyone said he should be banned. A couple of people (myself included) suggested they'd like to see him banned for the sheer amount of spam. What I'd like and what I necessarily think should happen are not always the same. I'd like you to give me a million dollars, but should you? Probably not, as you have no reason to. Don't confuse the two things.

Regardless, if you read on you'd notice that luis is actually including content in his posts now. All of them? I dunno, I'm not stalking the guy but the ones I've come across have had value. So yay. The thread accomplished something. And...

The people complaining post gif wars in whatever thread they feel like, but Luis, you better up the quality of your posts!

... posting funny .gifs (which I don't think I've personally ever done... I don't even have a .gif collection) serves a purpose; To entertain. Are you entertained by them? Maybe not, but whether it achieves the goal doesn't change the fact that there was one.

Some things are subjective, and some are objective. Some things don't have any worth to you, while other things just don't have any worth at all. There are plenty of threads and posts that I get nothing out of but that still offer something to others. Hell, there are entire sub-forums I couldn't care enough about to visit. That doesn't mean they don't have value or should be removed. That said, if something offers nothing... no insight, no humor, no question, no comment, no nothing... it's a waste. Couple that with being disruptive (and mass bumping topics qualifies) and suddenly you have a reason to speak out. Suddenly you have a purpose.

Wouldn't want to get on someones bad side.

Everyone gets on someone's bad side. That's life. Honestly no one should banned over it. Really, except for something objectionable people probably shouldn't be banned period. But you know what? If you annoy enough people you're going to get complaints. I get my share. That's life too. When that happens you have to look at the complaint and decide if it's valid or not, and act accordingly. I've had plenty of interactions with people that could have gone bad, but didn't because I decided to not go down that road either because I've felt that I was in the wrong, or I felt that it wasn't worth it. There've been times where I've apologized and corrected myself, or I've turned the other cheek and moved on. As a result there are people I've had contentions with who I now respect more, and who respect me more. luis seems to have followed that through with this thread, and he deserves some respect for that.

Unless you never say anything worth saying you eventually will get on someone's bad side. Doing that isn't something you should even necessarily want to avoid.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick

Elwood, man... I don't have to force myself to do anything. I just don't give a shit about alex and don't particularly care to read what he writes, making quoting him specifically for me a waste of both of our time. Nothing he's ever put forward has been of interest to me, and to be frank I'm tired of him. The majority of alex's input that I've seen has been him coming out of left field to harass M12. Hey, I've had my issues with M12 myself, but still I never come out of nowhere to hassle the guy. Fact is, rarely do I make an issue of anyone who annoys me, including alex. You'll notice until he addressed me directly that I ignored him despite him taking a jab at me. There's just no point to it. That said, if someone else brings up someone I don't like, sure, I might chime in about my displeasure (as this topic shows), or I might do it if they are actively acting out in an offensive manner (and I'm talking, like, dehumanizing shit not just being a bit of a prick). Beyond that... I tend to ignore people the old fashioned way just fine.

The only time I use my ignore list is for people who've never managed to offer anything to a conversation that I can be bothered reading. That's it. Period. Hell, ASSARI isn't on my ignore list. That should tell you something. Basically it's a time saving device because I figure it's quicker than scrolling past any longer posts that they might toss out. Hell, I even said I'd have luis on ignore by now except that his posts are so short it wouldn't make things any better. That said, some of luis' posts since this topic have improved. Are they still short? Sure, but that was never the problem. The couple I've seen from him since have actually had some content, and the lack there was what was bothering me before. So maybe this thread did some good, and I applaud the guy for that.

Fact is, aside from being a petty asshole, what alex offers up is generally rather stupid. Take for instance the fact that he says: "No grown up should have to use a button to "force" themselves to not read something." just as you pointed out. This is from the guy who just told me to shut up a couple of times in a single post. So apparently he feels compelled to tell me to save my input because he can't manage to force himself to not read my posts. Or did this not occur?

Also, I've explained to him before that I have Asperger's and that being long winded is a part of that. People with my condition are predisposed to use language in odd ways. I tend to over-articulate and be overly formal. It's how I am, I have no control over it and have to put a fair amount of effort into coming off as informal, and often times it ends up seeming awkward. He knows this, but still decided to bust my balls over it, again. So he wants to poke fun at my disability. Why am I supposed to want to waste time reading what he writes again...? Why should I care what he thinks? Why should I bother letting his input take up more screen s8pace than necessary when I can simply shut the door on him (a t least until, you know, you decide to makeJ it an issue)?

He's on ignore because his Jmessages are longer than the ignore notification and he's neither worth the time it takes to read, nor scroll past. He wasn't even worth the time it took to address that he wasn't worth the time to address. I did this because I tend to respect you as a poster, Elwood and you suggested there might be another perspective. So yeah, there is another perspective and that's it. Satisfactory enough reason?
jesus christ, that hurt my eyes!

I nodded off a third thru that windbag nonsense.

Don't call out Will because his behavior won't change. Why wouldn't that logic apply to every single member here? There is an elitist mentality with certain people here. People that think because they dont like it, it should change. People were actually saying Luis should be banned? Unbelievable. His post count is less important than anybody elses? Who gives a shit? There is people here who aren't mods that think they can take itupon themselves to figure out what to do with someone they dont care for. Are you serious? Sad. I wish Luis told them to go fuck themselves, in as many words because that's the response these clowns deserve. The people complaining post gif wars in whatever thread they feel like, but Luis, you better up the quality of your posts! Wouldn't want to get on someones bad side.

lol at STDiva's alternate account.

Dude, there are some positive things in this thread. But continue to be a curmudgeon. I guess that's where you are at.

Status
Not open for further replies.