• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Lost

I'd like to read a critic tear into the finale. Most critics are all over the place as to what everything means.

I think the LATimes comes closest to articulating how I feel. They also confirm that a "Lost" writer (either Lindeloff or Cuse) claimed early on that the show was not a purgatory show. Oops.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-lost-review-20100524,0,1472915.story

If the Sideways world was purgatory it's a very ham-fisted way to go about "redemption in the real world." Jeez, did Sawyer really need to become a Detective in order to "become a good person" :rolleyes:

I was okay with all the relationship stuff/the awakening moments. I thought they were emotionally correct although I still don't get how Charlie had an awakening in the finale when he was the one that first awakened and awakened Desmond when Des's Mercedes went into the water. Wasn't Charlie "awake" in the Sideways world before Desmond? :dunno: Do people really believe that Sawyer and Juliet are soul lovers? I never bought their relationship. I wish we had more Sayid/Shannon. That was the best awakening for me.

Bah. The fact that they all ended up in a church with all the ham-fisted stained glass representations of most religions was really groan-inducing to me.

If Locke really turned back into "human form" would he really want to cackle at the demise of the island? I thought he died thinking he was special and the island's protector and all that bullshit? Bah...

I do like the symmetry of Jack's eyelid closing. That was a perfect image for me.

roronoa3000

Banned
I dont see what was the problem with them in a church with different religions since they were different ethnic groups and religions.

Locke never returned to human form. The M.I.B. was obviously still possessing his body.

Juliet and Sawyer were together for I believe 3 years. More than enough time to fall in love and become "soul mates"

Charlie at the end remembered Claire. I don't recall him remembering before Desmond..

Sawyer was luck to make it in to the church as was Sayid. They had done some less than "good" things in life. They had to redeem themselves somehow.

^
I have a tough time believing that the island had any semblance to reality by the fact that Locke didn't immediately die when smoky lost his powers.

Sawyer and Juliet were stuck in 1974. That was the only reason they "got together." Talk about forced situations! Besides, do we really think Sawyer is the settling type?

I was sure that it was Charlie who awakened Desmond but that Charlie was awake first. He kept prattling to Desmond about needing to find love or a blonde woman or some bullshit...:dunno:

What's the point of having the Sideways/Los Angeles storyline if, in the end, nothing they did in Purgatory mattered because all they were doing was waiting around until Jack "awakened"?

I guess in Christian Purgatory it's basically a place between Heaven and Hell so rather than have these characters literally sit around and do nothing, they were interacting in a fake Los Angeles :rolleyes:

I guess if they really wanted to do a Purgatory story, the island should've been Purgatory and the Los Angeles/Sideways story should've been "Reality." In other words, they have it backwards, basically...:dunno:

I don't know. I think I'm done with this show finally. I'm still bent that they even went to Purgatory when they said early on it wasn't a Purgatory show.

Grrrrrrrr.

6 FUCKING YEARS FOR THAT SHITTY ENDING?

What the fuck was that foolishness about?

There are like over 1000 questions left unanswered about this fuckin show, and they end it with them being dead and living in a fuckin' Purgatory? WTF?!

You got to be fuckin kidding me! I dont give 2 fucks about some fuckin spiritual shit.

Somebody made this statement a few years ago and I agree with them. The fucking writers wrote themselves into a corner and realized they could not get themselves out of it. I bet they made this realization toward the end of the 3rd season.

Thats about the time the ratings started to drop and when the producers and ABC both announced the show would end in the 6th season. Thats what kept hardcore viewers hooked to the show.

I got a hint something was going to be fucked up during the 2 hour recap. The producers sat there and made comments about the Soprano's finale. They knew their shit was similiar.

I got a feeling these mofos are going to try to put out a spin-off for this show for a mid-season debut next year.

6 fuckin years and the mofos were dead the whole fuckin time!

Fuckin TV is a fuckin joke!

Lost started out as a great show. I remember watching the pilot only for a brief while thinking this is just going to be one of those drama shows about people being stuck on an island with unresolved issues fighting amongst each other. I remember walking away from the pilot feeling that way and did not finish watching it.

I did not fully give it a chance till I heard other people talking about it that I came back to watch it again starting to see the mysteries in play. I remember when I started to fully watch it and give it a chance, Ethan has done abducted Claire and they were trying to figure out where he came from and who are these other people on the island. I got hooked pretty fast.

I saw the season finale that season and had a new obsession. Lost started out pretty great. Season two was also a great season. Season three was when things started to get screwed up. The Flashbacks should have just stopped and been done away with by then. They should have just focused on what was going on the island. We already have gotten to know the characters already. A few flashbacks here and there would have been fine.

Season four was fair I guess. Season five was about the same. The time travel was ok but I think it should have been a full season with some answers getting answered with them being with Dharma. Where did the polar bears come from could have been answered here. Miles slowly building a relationship with his Dad instead of being rushed. We could have seen more into Ben's childhood as well as what life was like with Widmore leading the Others. Flashbacks could have made a comeback here with these new characters having them and us getting our answers instead of seeing Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Hurley's flashbacks or flashforwards. We might could have see Annie's flashforward/flashback to see what happened to her when she got off the island. Richard's story could have fitted great here as well.

Season Six was a mess. It started out great with the action and the temple but it slowed down and we got some answers that really did not seem to click. Like the whispers, that was lame. I enjoyed the finale like I said before because I was not expecting much. I was looking for a really lame ending they did it better then how I feared they would pull it off.

The show was a mess ever since the middle. It was not well thought out or some big shot ABC head got in the way and made things the way they were. I feel it was kinda both.

I am glad it's over and I can go back to doing what I was doing before it came on. Thats just my two cents about the whole show now that I seen the finale and had time to think it through.

Lust

Lost at Birth
man, i thought the ending was awesome! although i was kind of confused on why they kept talking about the rising Jamaican violence and the Iranian nuclear deal, and the fact that none of the original cast members were in the final episode was a little disappointing and why in the hell did they play it on MSNBC and not ABC??? oh well, i give it two thumbs up, great ending! totally wasn't expecting anything like that major misdirection on plot change. wow!

on a serious note, i guess the all dogs go to heaven saying is bullshit cos they left my favorite character on that stupid island. :crying:

The point of LOST pretty much was be a good person, make good friends, find love, do what you feel is right and you can make it into Heaven with those you loved and cared for the most, but its going to be a bitch and a half getting there.

if i knew the show was going to be someone else's beliefs or them pushing their beliefs on me ....THEN FUCK OFF!
i dont believe in the fictional book THE BIBLE or the stories associated.
if LOST was some heaven and hell show then ...
fuck it im done talking about LOST good riddance to a show that i missed seasons 4&5 completely and really didnt miss or solve anything for me in the long run. :thefinger:wave2:

man, i thought the ending was awesome! although i was kind of confused on why they kept talking about the rising Jamaican violence and the Iranian nuclear deal, and the fact that none of the original cast members were in the final episode was a little disappointing and why in the hell did they play it on MSNBC and not ABC??? oh well, i give it two thumbs up, great ending! totally wasn't expecting anything like that major misdirection on plot change. wow!

on a serious note, i guess the all dogs go to heaven saying is bullshit cos they left my favorite character on that stupid island. :crying:

they played it on ABC here dude, you couldnt see it? and i must have missed the jamaica/iran parts, cause i have no idea what your talking about

I liked the ending and it's spiritual message. 15-20 years ago I would've disliked the religious theme, but now that I'm wiser I admire and understand it.

On a side note perhaps Linus didn't follow the others because he was still alive. My two cents.

When the H-bomb "went off" at the end of Season 5, I think it pretty much rendered the Season 4/5 flashbacks flashforwards irrelevant, based on last night's final ep.

Whenever I think about Jack dipping the old Oceanic water bottle into some brown puddle, handing it Hurley and saying, "Now, you're like me"...that was the moment that the series finale firmly went into Lameassville for me....

At the end were they dead or alive ? Yes why did Ben stay outside ?

Whenever I think about Jack dipping the old Oceanic water bottle into some brown puddle, handing it Hurley and saying, "Now, you're like me"...that was the moment that the series finale firmly went into Lameassville for me....

I have to agree because he obviously had no idea what the hell he was talking about. or what "like me" even meant

They were all dead in the church. But it doesnt say when they all died just that they did. When Jack asked Christian where/when are we he said there was no when just now which means that time no longer mattered they were in purgatory waiting to go wherever. The fact that Hurley said to ben "you made a great number two" shows that they lived together for a long time on the island and this was many years later after Jack died but it didnt matter because time was irrelevant. No one really knows why ben stayed outside, Since he was there we have to asume he wanted to stay in this purgatory for whatever reason

They were alive while on the island (the real world) and they were already dead while in L.A. (the afterlife).

After they remember their lives on the island, they speak in past tense about events that are transpiring in the present on the island.

Hurley tells Ben that he was "a great number two" and Ben concedes that Hurley was a great number one, but that arrangement between the two of them had only just been established on the island.

Everything that has happened since the start of Season 6 in the "Safely Landing in L.A." continuity, has been the Losties' collective journey through the afterlife. They all died in different places and at different times, but they were strongly connected to each other because of their experiences on the island. So strongly connected in fact, that they needed to come together in the afterlife as a group before they could "move on" from purgatory or samsara, or whatever you want to call it. And before they could come together as a group, they needed to learn to "let go" of whatever had been holding them back from continuing the journey.

Now, there are other people that were close to the Losties that did not come with them in the church to move on. Ben doesn't go because, even though he remembers his life on the island, he doesn't want to let go (very different from can't let go). Ben still wants to have more time with Alex before he moves on.

Analucia appears but doesn't seem to be involved in the other Losties' attempts to move on either, and characters like Michael, Walt & Eko are nowhere to be seen. I think the real question is why those characters aren't there, when they were as important to the Losties as, at least, Shannon and Boone.

i bet ben stayed behind because since he remembered his "life" he knew how he messued up with Alex. being her teacher, meeting Rousseau and seeing that he could possibly rectify himself in his own way he decided to stay behind to make a "life" of his own.

or something like that

Stupid Ending. I'm not going to waste any more of my time dissecting this show or it's ending. It's just grasping at straws for an explanation of something that really doesn't make any sense- a fitting summary of the entire series.

Although I hated the ending, I knew that it would be a cop out from the beginning, and so I wasn't sorely disappointed. Instead I'm going to break it down and fondly remember that out of 120 I only despised two or three episodes and disliked a handful. That's a pretty good record.

I'm going to stand by my claim after season 4, which is that if the next two seasons suck, I'll consider that the ending. And it works, because that is for me the logical conclusion: They get off the Island and find out that their lives aren't so great and they wish that they had stayed. The Island remains just a magical place and we don't really know why it is (and we still don't now), where these characters grew to know and love each other.

PS. Did anyone watch Jimmy Kimmel? They said that they were going to show alternate endings. was that just a parody for the show, or were they real? In that case, maybe they could have been better.

PPS. nevermind. I found out that the JK stuff was just "JK".

That is "just kidding".