• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Lost

Simply put: I don't read theories on lostpedia. Rarely use it for reference.

I used to post on another (non-Lost) forum's thread for the show, and would occasionally make reference to anything that seemed relevant to mention. I haven't been on there for awhile because it wasn't getting a lot of hits and I didn't subscribe to any other threads.

Everything that I say on here is just based on personal observation and conversations with friends and other FO members.

I have mixed feelings about tonight's episode. It was good but I was definitely expecting better for these twos' backstory. The lack of saying the man in black's name seemed terribly forced and became annoying and just shows we probably won't ever get a name. Also, they have introduced so many new locations in the series this season that it's getting really hard to believe the survivors never once ran into them (i.e. this cave with the light, lighthouse, etc) I'm starting to wonder though if this cave is the future site of the Swan. We never saw it before the drilling started.

I also am not to sure if I like the origins of how the smoke monster came to be and "Adam and Eve". I'll have to watch it again on Hulu tomorrow for a better verdict.

Edit: So the man in black never got to attach the frozen wheel due to his mother knocking him out and burying it again. How did it eventually get attached?

Big Poppa Pump

- My Name Is My Name -
Well that was some biblical shit right there! I liked that episode but it's all gone completely mythical now. Also, Smokey not having a name is a wee bit silly.

Basically, this episode felt like the writers were trying to write a symbolic and philosophical masterpiece...and instead, they delivered
asleep-045.gif

I thought the introduction of the Season 1 footage at the very end was ghostly brilliant. I remember thinking that Adam and Eve had to be something huge, and after now knowing who they are...meh. What did the white and black stones have to do with them? They had no meaning for "Mother".

Why did Mother kill "real Mom" and "Smoky"? She did it because she needed to find someone to take her place? Seriously? Wuthefuk?

I agree DJ...it's unforgivable not to give Man in Black an actual name. SLoppy, sloppy shit.

So Jacob basically created all the Egyptian stuff just because....he was bored? I think the 4 toe statue was built over the golden pond. Maybe? Why? Who knows...:dunno:

At this point I want to see how it ends. How disappointing and bitter will I feel once this series ends. I'm guessing Jack will be Jakob's successor now. Jack found the stones...Jack and Jacob are close names phonetically...:dunno:

Well that was some biblical shit right there! I liked that episode but it's all gone completely mythical now. Also, Smokey not having a name is a wee bit silly.

Yeah, the "blood of Christ" --holy grail--life everlasting thing was really hammered hard. Where do they get the wine anyway?

Cain and Abel. Is there a Jacob in the bible? Assuming there is, what is his role in the bible?

Is there a Jacob in the bible? Assuming there is, what is his role in the bible?

Jacob was the leader of the 12 tribes of Israel. In the Hebrew Bible he is the NON IDENTICAL TWIN brother of Esau who, in Genesis, vowed to kill Jacob because Jacob stole his birthright as the leader of the tribes. Wow...

Also, anyone notice the light went out when smokey emerged? I'm wondering if he has now become the embodiment of the light and, as their mother said, must never leave the island or it's basically all over for humanity. So maybe Jacob isn't protecting the world from smokey, he's protecting the world from smokey getting out and basically damning everyone when the light is extinguished?

Remember when Locke, the real one, first ran into the monster? He described it as a bright light to Eko (season 2) and in season 1 told Jack that what he saw was the eye of the island and said it was beautiful (just as MiB described it to his mother)

What do you think the mother meant by "thank you" when man in black stabbed her?

I watched the episode again and I am appreciating it a little more but still overall disappointed. I'm guessing it was due to me hyping it up quite a bit.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
more questions than answers.
who is the lady, false mom.
how the hell does she know what she knows- about the light, about the people who came, how did she make it so jake and mib cant hurt each other?
like djcowboy said, if the wheel hole was buried up, how did eventually get dug up and attached?

also doesnt add up- mib had a body 2000 years ago, thrown in cave of light turns to smokey, 1800's has a body again, 2007 needs lockes body.
what am i missing?

graffer80

Closed Account
What do you think the mother meant by "thank you" when man in black stabbed her?

If I had to guess, a sigh of relief she didn't have to be the protector of the light anymore. Notice Jacob's lack of enthusiasm to the idea of guarding the light. He still drank the kool-aid though.

Frankly I've become disinterested in the show this season and was breathing a sigh of relief that the writers won't be spinning my head much longer. They introduced too many twists and tangents. Few of them carried enough significance to bewilder us further. Come the end of the season I guarantee they won't answer enough questions.

a little late, a little anti-climatic....but a promise is a promise....

<<< click this magical photo and it becomes bigger...like when you rub your penis
:lovecoupl:glugglug:

Pretty good interview with the producers about last night's episode

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-a...lindelof-and-carlton-cuse-talk-across-the-sea

THis interview reminded me why I love the show but hate Demon and Cuse. They basically talk out of their pieholes on everything. They seem to be saying that they purposely write the show to fuck around with people's analysis.

Take this for example:
You've said many times that when people find out who Adam and Eve are, we'll all realize just how long you've been planning the mythology. Well, I went back and watched the "House of the Rising Sun" scene, and Jack says that the clothing looks like it's 50 years old. Is he just not very good at calculating the rate of decay on fabric?

CC: Jack is not really an expert in carbon dating.

DL: He's not really a forensic anthropologist. We need to bring in Bones.

CC: Or Charlotte. She's an anthropolgist.

DL: The other theory that I would like to throw out there is that Jacob and his mother were just expert craftsmen. They made those clothes on that loom so well, it would appear that they were only 50 years old in decomposition, when in fact it's several thousand.

CC: Or perhaps the fabric is magic. A lot of theories there, Alan.

I would say to them: Fuck off guys. You really just blew sunshine up our asses about "Adam and Eve" this whole time. "Mother" was a horrible character in a very twisted biblical sense was all that I came out of with her...:dunno:

roronoa3000

Banned
also doesnt add up- mib had a body 2000 years ago, thrown in cave of light turns to smokey, 1800's has a body again, 2007 needs lockes body.
what am i missing?

He can take any dead body. I guess he took his own body back since the other bodies on the island were burned or in bad shape.

Worst Lost Episode Ever.

Even worse than Nikki and Paulo.

And continuing the tradition of explaining one thing and raising ten more questions.

So Jacob and the Man In Black are brothers. Ok, that’s cool. And that’s about it for anything worthwhile.

MIB’s real name is…fucking nothing. WTF?

There’s this mysterious woman who started the long standing tradition of not explaining shit to anyone. Other than the whole purpose fop the Island is that it has magical light that needs to be protected, even though no one can find it and no one really seems all that interested in doing so anyway. Also no one can leave the Island, even though half the characters on the show have and nothing happened. And we did get to see MIB became the smoke monster…sort of, albeit with no explanation of why and how.

Also when we first saw them, MIB said that people were bad and shouldn’t come to the Island, and Jacob said that they weren’t and he brought them there to prove it, which couldn’t be any more opposite of everything that they expressed in this episode.

I was right that Jacob is a dick and not a good guy, but even he doesn’t know what the fuck is going on and everything that he told the Candidates about his and their purpose is pretty much bullshit.

So who discovered the Island and protected it?
Who built the Statue and why?
What really is the Light?
Who built the Wheel? Since apparently it wasn’t MIB, but it somehow got built anyway.
How is Jacob or anyone else immortal?
Why can’t MIB kill Jacob?
Why can’t he leave the Island?
Why can Ben and the Others summon him?
Why does the Island heal people?
Why do ghosts appear on the Island?
Why do pregnant women die on the Island?

I think that this episode is all the answers to the mythology that we are going to get.

“Adam and Eve” was not only fucking lame and the flashback totally unnecessary, but it was the worst edited scene in the entire series.

Now what it interesting is that it seems coming into contact with the Light does not make you turn into the Smoke Monster, since Desmond, Ben and Locke all did and were actually able to leave the Island with no further side effects. The only thing that makes sense to me is that the essence of the Smoke Monster is a part of the light and trapped inside the Island. It can take the astral form of people who died on the Island, which it did in the form of Claudia when she appeared to MIB. Only when a candidate is exposed to the Light can it escape and assume that persons’ body and become the black smoke. :2 cents:

^
:bowdown:

Could not agree more. The bullshit of answering 1 question by creating 20 new ones continues. The interview that DJ posted really revealed to me that Demon and Cuse have no clue what this show is about. We were duped.