• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Lost

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
:(
:confused:
:dunno:
:crash:
:helpme:

Loved the episode. I have a feeling it's gonna be a very action packed season. I knew new Locke (the man in black) was the smoke monster! I also have a feeling this alternate timeline (I saw on lostpedia they're calling them "flash-side" now) will somehow converge. Did Jacob take over Sayid's body!? God damnit I love this show :glugglug:

Lust

Lost at Birth
I R CONFUSED!

even so, i still liked it. was waiting for Vincent to show up and save the day but I guess he was trying to negotiate more scooby snacks in his contract. interesting to learn richard was into bondage. well, im assuming thats what locke meant by him being out of chains. i may have misinterpreted that. never fails, for every question an episode answers....it leaves 20 new questions.

now.....cant wait till next episode!!

Watched it last night........watched it this morning, will watch again tonight, got a lot questions and comments on this Season Premiere................

Loved the episode. I have a feeling it's gonna be a very action packed season. I knew new Locke (the man in black) was the smoke monster! I also have a feeling this alternate timeline (I saw on lostpedia they're calling them "flash-side" now) will somehow converge. Did Jacob take over Sayid's body!? God damnit I love this show :glugglug:

I think you're onto something bigtime...Sayid = Jacob, that's my guess too:eek:

I was expecting a maybe a 3star ep...it was a 5 star:bowdown::thumbsup: I really like this parallel thing they have going on now with what would've happened if 815 landed....Awesome to see so many familiar friends again :o

I really like Ben being kicked to the curb like he was. Locke is really a badass now:eek:

Only Sawyer was annoying....he was really annoying after the H-bomb went off. Quit blaming Jack for everything Sawyer...you should've held on to Juliet longer dummy :thefinger

I thought the 1 hr recap was worth a watch too. It was nice setup to the premier. It arranged things in an order that made sense to me and I thought I had a handle on S1-S4...

This show fucking rocked. They really didn't give too much of a direction either. I seem just as interested in what will happen "in LA" as what's happening on the island. Will Jack try to cure Locke? Does Jack have the power to heal? There were a lot of S1 Episode 1 treats too....

These Temple Others (Jacob's Believers?) gave me a small wince because they seemed like "more of the same" a bit. The mystical asian with the dork interpretor--meh. Didn't need to see that.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
just finished DL-ing it. S-6, EPS 1,2. plus the clipshow
gonna watch it now, but first ill suffer through the clipshow.
havnt read any of the above posts, hope this is gonna be good.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
yeah me too, best show ever
well jacob did die, and he did tell hurley taking him to the temple would help him, which it didnt, so maybe he did take over his body.
only sayid said "what happened?".
maybe thats just jacob being slick.

so now weve got 2 timelines again
the normal timeline and the plane never crashed timeline.
cool how so many still interacted, even artz in partz and fried frogurt showed up.

boone looked different, but it was good to see him again, but i didnt like the lame excuse as to why shannon wasnt with him, she really should have been there, i wonder if that means anything.
claire looks like she put on a few, charlie looked older.

these new others, the hippy and the chinaman, strange how we never saw them before, the hippy guy seems cool though.
I also like how hurley seems to be growing some balls, i think jacob has something special in store for hugo
And "hello richard, nice to see you out of those chains"
what the hell was that?

I think you're onto something bigtime...Sayid = Jacob, that's my guess too:eek:

I was expecting a maybe a 3star ep...it was a 5 star:bowdown::thumbsup: I really like this parallel thing they have going on now with what would've happened if 815 landed....Awesome to see so many familiar friends again :o

I really like Ben being kicked to the curb like he was. Locke is really a badass now:eek:

Only Sawyer was annoying....he was really annoying after the H-bomb went off. Quit blaming Jack for everything Sawyer...you should've held on to Juliet longer dummy :thefinger

I thought the 1 hr recap was worth a watch too. It was nice setup to the premier. It arranged things in an order that made sense to me and I thought I had a handle on S1-S4...

This show fucking rocked. They really didn't give too much of a direction either. I seem just as interested in what will happen "in LA" as what's happening on the island. Will Jack try to cure Locke? Does Jack have the power to heal? There were a lot of S1 Episode 1 treats too....

These Temple Others (Jacob's Believers?) gave me a small wince because they seemed like "more of the same" a bit. The mystical asian with the dork interpretor--meh. Didn't need to see that.

wow i read your post after i wrote mine, cool, the same thoughts.
agreed, and the clipshow was good too.
except i like ben, he loves the island, sure he's a liar and a snake but he really was manipulated by mib this time.
one more thing, juliette, "it worked".
It worked?
oh and what the hek was desmond doing on the plane? in jacks mind? i think that will prove to be important

interesting pic
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedia/images/b/b2/Lastsupper.jpg
just interesting
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_between_flash-sideways_timeline_and_original_timeline

It was OK.

I predicted a WTF? moment and they let me down. Really there was nothing that we didn't know or didn't see coming. Maybe I'm just too cynical, but they really need to up the ante to wow me. I liked evilocke, and I totally called it that he was smokey. In fact, I like him way more than Jacob and I am rooting for him to stick it to the Others.

I hated the "alternate" universe thing, and if that is going to go on for the whole season it's going to suck. I really find myself not caring. It just seems so predictable and contrived and if we come to find out that the show ends with them resetting the time line back so that these will have been flash-forwards-of-sorts, I'll hate this show. Or shock! that in the "real" reality 815 never crashed and all the Island stuff was "fake"...bleh!

Also why are Jack and Sawyer's haircuts on the plane the same from season five finale, and not the way they were on the original 815 flight? Shocking! insight, or just continuity fuck up? The plane set and terrible CG underwater shot were just bad and low quality for Lost.

But underwater Lost island does offer hope to the "It's Atlantis!" theorists out there.

Could Richard Alpert have been "in chains" because he was on the Black Rock like BlackBull1970 theorized? Hmm.

I know I mostly bagged on it, but I'm stoked and can't wait for next week and more discussions.

PS. Awesome post MP on the differences. Something is certainly up with that and (hopefully) it's more than it appears to be.

Great pic too, my new desktop background!

It was OK.

I predicted a WTF? moment and they let me down. Really there was nothing that we didn't know or didn't see coming. Maybe I'm just too cynical, but they really need to up the ante to wow me. I liked evilocke, and I totally called it that he was smokey. In fact, I like him way more than Jacob and I am rooting for him to stick it to the Others.

I hated the "alternate" universe thing, and if that is going to go on for the whole season it's going to suck. I really find myself not caring. It just seems so predictable and contrived and if we come to find out that the show ends with them resetting the time line back so that these will have been flash-forwards-of-sorts, I'll hate this show. Or shock! that in the "real" reality 815 never crashed and all the Island stuff was "fake"...bleh!

Also why are Jack and Sawyer's haircuts on the plane the same from season five finale, and not the way they were on the original 815 flight? Shocking! insight, or just continuity fuck up? The plane set and terrible CG underwater shot were just bad and low quality for Lost.

But underwater Lost island does offer hope to the "It's Atlantis!" theorists out there.

Could Richard Alpert have been "in chains" because he was on the Black Rock like BlackBull1970 theorized? Hmm.

I know I mostly bagged on it, but I'm stoked and can't wait for next week and more discussions.

I'm guessing the hair thing was more for the purpose so that they could keep their hair the same for the 2007 timeline story but in case you didn't notice, the alternate timeline (where they don't crash) had several differences that the producers said were on purpose. It's basically the butterfly effect where the bomb went off and actually worked, so it changed some things. Like Shannon not being on the plane, Jack only got one shooter of vodka instead of two, Locke seemed happy instead of angry, etc. So the hair could be different for that reason.

I don't know if we should take the "chains" reference so literally. EvilLocke kept talking about how killing Jacob freed them so I wonder if that's what he meant when talking to Richard

I agree about the CG, it was pretty bad.

I am enjoying the idea of the alternate timeline though. It's interesting and I am guessing that the two timelines will somehow merge by the end

I agree that what he said to Richard was probably metaphor too, but people seem to be reading much into it, so I figured i'd add some speculation. It's all part of the fun.

Rey C.

I agree that what he said to Richard was probably metaphor too, but people seem to be reading much into it, so I figured i'd add some speculation. It's all part of the fun.

I suspect that you're right. I'm just one of those Lost fans that is desperate for Richard's story to be as intriguing as possible. Poor ol' Richard, in chains, after Antony's army was defeated by Octavian in Egypt... "saved" by Jacob in 30 B.C. :1orglaugh

I doubt I'm going to get my wish. And I'm not (quite) as crazy as some on the Lost forums. But it's kind of fun to write your own scenes until the truth is known.

My theory.........

The H-bomb worked. What we saw in the premiere was two alternate reality's. The two alternate realitys are following each other and will meet up together at some point during the season. I believe what we are seeing is similiar to what we saw during the first 4 seasons with the so-called "flashback" scenes".

It's obvious that Jack and Rose on the plane both have memories of the island. Jack kinda had a "deja vu" experience on the plane and it became evident when he met Desmond. I also believe Locke has memory of the island, it is possible Locke is The Smoke monster on the plane and is staying in the wheelchair to not let the castaways remember.

The new questions with what happened on the plane is.........

-What happen to Jack's father's coffin?
-How did Desmond get on the plane, and where did he go when Jack returned to his seat?
-Why did Boone leave Australia without his Sister?
-The Stewadress is with the Others, what is her mission now the plane did not make it?
-Who was the guy sitting between Locke and Boone with the eye cover on pretending to be sleep? I don't recall him sitting there in the Series Pilot.
-Why did Hurley have a different outlook on his life being positive?
-Why were we not shown the tail section characters?

I guess we have to watch and wait.....but I did make a comment a couple of seasons ago saying that when the series finale ends, you are gonna have to watch the entire season over again to get the full story.

Be patient people...answers are coming!

Rey C.

My theory.........

The H-bomb worked. What we saw in the premiere was two alternate reality's. The two alternate realitys are following each other and will meet up together at some point during the season. I believe what we are seeing is similiar to what we saw during the first 4 seasons with the so-called "flashback" scenes".

It's obvious that Jack and Rose on the plane both have memories of the island. Jack kinda had a "deja vu" experience on the plane and it became evident when he met Desmond. I also believe Locke has memory of the island, it is possible Locke is The Smoke monster on the plane and is staying in the wheelchair to not let the castaways remember.

The new questions with what happened on the plane is.........

-What happen to Jack's father's coffin?
-How did Desmond get on the plane, and where did he go when Jack returned to his seat?
-Why did Boone leave Australia without his Sister?
-The Stewadress is with the Others, what is her mission now the plane did not make it?
-Who was the guy sitting between Locke and Boone with the eye cover on pretending to be sleep? I don't recall him sitting there in the Series Pilot.
-Why did Hurley have a different outlook on his life being positive?
-Why were we not shown the tail section characters?

I guess we have to watch and wait.....but I did make a comment a couple of seasons ago saying that when the series finale ends, you are gonna have to watch the entire season over again to get the full story.

Be patient people...answers are coming!

Good questions.

Also:

Charlie seemed to have it in his head that he was meant to die... and blamed Jack for saving him.

Like you, I wonder what role Desmond plays in this "alternate reality"? Is he jumping through time again? What was he up to when everybody else got on the plane to go back last season?

Oh yeah... I missed seeing Shannon. No reason really. She was just easy on the eyes. Wasn't it shown that the "abusive boyfriend" was just a ruse to con Boone out of some money? Like Charlie, maybe she was meant to meet a violent end? :dunno:

Juliet said that "it worked", so what happened to Rose and Bernard on the island? Eveybody else is accounted for, right?

And most of all, where the hell is Vincent?!!! :1orglaugh I don't think there's any chance that we're going to see Michael or Walt again... :(

Good questions.

Also:

Charlie seemed to have it in his head that he was meant to die... and blamed Jack for saving him.

Like you, I wonder what role Desmond plays in this "alternate reality"? Is he jumping through time again? What was he up to when everybody else got on the plane to go back last season?

Oh yeah... I missed seeing Shannon. No reason really. She was just easy on the eyes. Wasn't it shown that the "abusive boyfriend" was just a ruse to con Boone out of some money? Like Charlie, maybe she was meant to meet a violent end? :dunno:

Juliet said that "it worked", so what happened to Rose and Bernard on the island? Eveybody else is accounted for, right?

And most of all, where the hell is Vincent?!!! :1orglaugh I don't think there's any chance that we're going to see Michael or Walt again... :(

Charlie making that comment, I forgot about that. It kinda plays on what Locke and Jack said in earlier seasons that it is their Destiny for being on that island, that all things must happen. It also plays on what Farady said about the time travel for the island.

The Shannon scenario is questionble, but why did she not leave with Boone?

A lot of people have theorized that the 2 skelotons found in that Dharma station dubbed Adam and Eve was Rose and Bernard. The skeltons were holding a black and white stone. It may have been their way of communicating with Jack.

Michael and Walt should make a comeback since Walt had some realtion to the island. The reason they rarely show Walt is cuz he is growing in real life faster than the timeline of the show.

The commercials for tonights episode been playing for the past week and it stated no more questions, just answers.....just have to wait and see.

The skeltons were holding a black and white stone. It may have been their way of communicating with Jack.

Weren't those Locke's from his backgammon, or whatever it was game? It had black and white stones. BTW, his explanation of the game is a pretty interesting metaphor/ commentary on Jacob versus his nemesis.

According to TV Guide Micheal will be on the show again towards the end of the season. But they also confirmed last season that Juliet would be seen again too, which turned out just for 15 minutes to die, so we'll see what that means.

PS. I always liked the theory of alternate reality, or Prisoner type scenario where people were manipulated and unaware. The original basis of this claimed that the flashbacks were either false memory implants, or an alternate reality. An interesting but unlikely scenario for this new "alternate reality" could be that it's not AR, but the future and that the Survivors only think that they are in the past when they are only in a re-creation of flight 815. :cool:

Rey C.

Michael and Walt should make a comeback since Walt had some realtion to the island. The reason they rarely show Walt is cuz he is growing in real life faster than the timeline of the show.

No kidding about Walt. Dude looks like a 40 year old man now. :1orglaugh He's too well known to replace with a younger kid (unless maybe he has a younger brother that looks like the old/young Walt or something). The two kids from the tail section (never can remember their names), those were different actors. But who remembers what the originals looked like, right? :dunno:

As for Shannon, I wasn't really into her character... I'm just pulling a Sawyer on that: blondie had some sticks on her! :banana:

But I would LOVE to see Mr. Eko make some sort of appearance before the end. He was my favorite character, other than Hurley (and Vincent :1orglaugh).