• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Legalizing prostitution in the U.S

Do you think Prostituion should be legal?

• Yes

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
Re: Legalise prostitution?

i think the only reason it isn't, is most people, me included, don't want to live down the street from one and try to raise a family. . .

Spunner

Banned

i think the only reason it isn't, is most people, me included, don't want to live down the street from one and try to raise a family. . .

Uhh once it does get legalized, it will be regulated. Which means the city votes on the ordinances. :hatsoff:

José_3

Closed Account

It is legalize. :wave2:
Not in English 'proper' it isn't.;)

I blame that iriot Webster, who didn't even bother to finish his new fangled dictionary.

Yes.

It's just hypocrital to not legalise something that is there, in all cultures since the dawn of Civilization.

Income taxes for everyone! :D

to continue on with dawns thought....
also mandatory disease testing for everyones safety, as well as drastically cutting down on sex slavery, and all the dangers of drugs and beatings and whatnot caused by pimps and unruley customers. i used to date a girl who lived near el cajon blvd in san diego and ill tell ya what some nights when i drove to her house i was terrified for the girls i seen walkin up and down the streets. they could take their work indoors with security and cleaning facilites and all that good shit. plus the tax benefits america would recieve, as it would in legalizing marajuana and lowering the drinking age back to 18...... i can go on and on. its a good idea. enough said. sure theres a stigma against it in most of society, but its gunna happen regardless, and all we are doing by keepin it illegal is perperuating the stigma and denying these girls (and guys) the protection and health benefits every human being deserves

I voted maybe. Probably better to legalize it, but how as it would still be difficult to control all nefarious elements that come with prostitution.

Coincidentally, it's the same reality as abortion ...

Yes.
It's just hypocrital to not legalise something that is there, in all cultures since the dawn of Civilization.
To me, it's the same reality as abortion. It's not about the ethics or morality, it's about the safety of those who practice it.

Without regulation, you don't have the medical practice and certification. Without the medical practice and certification, you have illegal medical practices, and the safety goes down.

It then becomes a public safety issue. Women are still going to practice it, regardless of what others (especially us men) do or say.

I voted maybe. Probably better to legalize it, but how as it would still be difficult to control all nefarious elements that come with prostitution.
There are always issues with anything legal. But that comes down to responsibility v. irresponsibility as people practice it, not the fact that it is practiced legally.

Re: Coincidentally, it's the same reality as abortion ...

To me, it's the same reality as abortion. It's not about the ethics or morality, it's about the safety of those who practice it.

Without regulation, you don't have the medical practice and certification. Without the medical practice and certification, you have illegal medical practices, and the safety goes down.

That's point for point what i think regarding prostitution, Prof :)

I hadn't write my deep thoughts on the question yet, i just pointed out the absurdity that morality (read: social hypocresy) seems more important to the majority of people since the dawn of Civilization than responsability/accountability (and even health issues for the society) regarding prostitution.

Yes. All the reasons for it are already been stated but there's really no downside to prostitution being legalized imo.