• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Keith Olberman out at MSNBC

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
A few points I find interesting:

- Putting the blame on Olberman for being biased. As he does not do a news show, he does an opinion show. And that could not work if he did not have a personal view on things he comments on

- That douchebag thing. I rather have a commentator being a bit more on the mellow side than guys hammering away about taking a shovel to people's heads, or shooting them in the head or repeating 'Tiller the Baby Killer' til some madman finally does the job. He rightly gets angry, and it would be wrong of not, facing what goes on in your country.

- Final point... really, do you read your own posts? After all the rants and raves we write here, you have the chuzpe to point your finger at Olberman?

Christa

Christa Omalley RN
I like Keith Olberman it was a alternative to FOX or Fixed news! And I'm a moderate Republican.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I like Keith Olberman it was a alternative to FOX or Fixed news! And I'm a moderate Republican.

You know, politics got to a situation after so many people from all sides getting in a fever pitch, it feels like people want to apologize for their point ov view.

I highly respect you for saying what you said. I could say I am a liberal, but looking at the state thigns are, that is not really what I am. I would say I am a man who tries to think with as few blinders as possible and try to look at things from more than one side. It is hard to do, because catering to one side and having people who talk big and powerful pre-chew the news to you slowly but surely will make you get tunnelvision.

Well I like Olbermann political views and I agree with him that the Bush Administration should have been charged for war crimes. Bush should have never invaded in the first place. Just used that lousy stratgedy for his own personal gain. Anyways politics is politics, im sure Olbermann will find another high paying position.

Nice post.

IMO,

Olbermann - Can take him or leave him. You're right. He'll find another postion.

Bush - Should never have invaded Iraq.
Bush - For peronal gain? Not sure what it was.
Bush - War crimes - I see your point, but don't agree. Dangerous move with the information known today.

Politics - You're 100% correct.

Funny how? I think KO was incredibly pro-Obama and then became disenchanted with the reality of his administration. If you honestly think that was an example of him "calling it like it was" than we can never agree on the matter.

Some people would call that being objective. Not that Fox is in anyway some barometer but wouldn't what you allege of Olbermann here be a far cry from GOPer cheerleaders who simply take a position they previously disagreed with then beat it to fit and paint it to match as soon as the person they supported flip flops on it. Case in point...no troops for nation-building..then Operation Iraqi freedom with the largest tab and troop deployment in decades.

I'll never claim that I'm more educated or smarter than you, but somehow, my eyes and ears hold a superior ability to smell complete and utter bullshit.

*SPOILER*

Gilligan really wasn't trapped on an island.

Really? (I mean really??!!??) Broad with a rap sheet for scams takes a swawn dive into a fountain in a mall she works at then lawyers up and you can't smell the bullshit (aka scam) emanating from that???

I suppose you should stick to unraveling plots like Gilligan's Island.:1orglaugh

BTW, getting back to KO and his relative objectivity who's glare you can't seem to spot either in certain situations.

He responded to the Giffords shooting by saying everyone including himself needed to swear off any kind of violent imagery in the political discourse then he responded by discontinuing the most popular segment of his show because of what he believed it could imply.

I suppose you can smell the bullshit in that too.:rolleyes::1orglaugh

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Hardly. Once again here are my political beliefs:

Pro gay rights and gay marriage
Pro abortion
Pro women's rights
Pro gun rights
Pro separation of Church and State

You want me to go on?

No, but thanks for asking....I don't want you to go on. I've heard all this from you before, Trident.

Jagger don't attack the fact that I'm a centrist.

Boy, you sure like to tell people what they can and cannot say, don't you? Please be informed that I'll say anything I damn-well please about you as long as it doesn't violate board rules.

If that pisses you off then so be it.

I apologize for using the phrase "fucking pisses me off". That was a poor choice of words and was uncalled for in the extreme. Please accept my sincere regrets because I'm not pissed at all. I just don't like nor trust people who talk out of both sides of their mouths. If you truly think you are being genuine with us on this forum, I think it's quite likely that you are the only one here who actually believes it. You do, however, have every right to keep right on saying it.

If you can't figure me out because I don't fit into a stereotypical left or right winger then tough bananas.
I have my reasons for despising the far left and far right.

Au contraire, monsieur. I have you totally figured out. Hence my post stating such.

So please go on about "exposing my true colors".:facepalm:

No need to. You are doing a terrific job of it on your own.

Again, I'm not trying to start a feud with you at all. Post away, amigo. I just want you to know that I'm wise to you. Again, sorry for the poor choice of words and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. :hatsoff:

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
So don't watch him if he makes you so ill. That's how I stomach conservative talking heads- by not tuning in, but that's not to say that I want them taken off the air. Liberals should have an alternative to talk radio and fox news.

I know you wren't addressing me but "don't watch them if you don't like them" pretty much could have ended this thread at post #1, maybe it should have.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Totally agree with that, MP. I don't listen to much country music so I don't tune into CMT. I don't care for angry feminists so I don't watch Lifetime. Same logic. lol

No, but thanks for asking....I don't want you to go on. I've heard all this from you before, Trident.

Boy, you sure like to tell people what they can and cannot say, don't you? Please be informed that I'll say anything I damn-well please about you as long as it doesn't violate board rules.

I apologize for using the phrase "fucking pisses me off". That was a poor choice of words and was uncalled for in the extreme. Please accept my sincere regrets because I'm not pissed at all. I just don't like nor trust people who talk out of both sides of their mouths. If you truly think you are being genuine with us on this forum, I think it's quite likely that you are the only one here who actually believes it. You do, however, have every right to keep right on saying it.

Au contraire, monsieur. I have you totally figured out. Hence my post stating such.

No need to. You are doing a terrific job of it on your own.

Again, I'm not trying to start a feud with you at all. Post away, amigo. I just want you to know that I'm wise to you. Again, sorry for the poor choice of words and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. :hatsoff:

Oh wow you're on to me.:facepalm: It's interesting that everyone on the forum must be either a liberal or conservative and nothing in between. Apparently you're so hyped up about me "telling everyone what to say". If someone comes out saying I'm akin to a Nazi or fascist(which they have), I'm going to tell them not to say it. Talking out of both sides of my mouth? I'm not fitting into your stereotype huh.
You've read my politics before..........good. Nothing has changed. Apparently I pushed a button when I said Olbermann was a douchebag. My opinion of him has not changed nor will I change it because it offends you.
I have every right to say that I'd like to see Olbermann and Maddow removed. Apparently you were offended because you believed I actually have the power to do so.
So please allow me (oh wait I'm telling you to do something.....ooops what a faux pas) the right to say "I'm a centrist".
If you're so angry about Olbermann leaving write MSNBC and tell them to rethink him leaving (oops another faux pas).

Jagger69

Oh wow you're on to me.:facepalm: It's interesting that everyone on the forum must be either a liberal or conservative and nothing in between. Apparently you're so hyped up about me "telling everyone what to say". If someone comes out saying I'm akin to a Nazi or fascist(which they have), I'm going to tell them not to say it. Talking out of both sides of my mouth? I'm not fitting into your stereotype huh.
You've read my politics before..........good. Nothing has changed. Apparently I pushed a button when I said Olbermann was a douchebag. My opinion of him has not changed nor will I change it because it offends you.
I have every right to say that I'd like to see Olbermann and Maddow removed. Apparently you were offended because you believed I actually have the power to do so.
So please allow me (oh wait I'm telling you to do something.....ooops what a faux pas) the right to say "I'm a centrist".
If you're so angry about Olbermann leaving write MSNBC and tell them to rethink him leaving (oops another faux pas).

:facepalm: Ugh. You just don't get it, do you? You totally missed my point but that's OK. I'd expect nothing less. I intimated nothing of the sort regarding stereotyping you or objecting to your right to your opinion. Please reread my post if that went over your head.

Not offended at all, either. Not sure why you would draw that inference actually but the truth is I couldn't care less about Keith Olbermann or any other political commentator for that matter. I'm just not very fond of hypocrisy, that's all. No worries....our government is loaded with individuals who share the same characteristic so you're not an aberration by any stretch.

:facepalm: Ugh. You just don't get it, do you? You totally missed my point but that's OK. I'd expect nothing less. I intimated nothing of the sort regarding stereotyping you or objecting to your right to your opinion. Please reread my post if that went over your head.

Not offended at all, either. Not sure why you would draw that inference actually but the truth is I couldn't care less about Keith Olbermann or any other political commentator for that matter. I'm just not very fond of hypocrisy, that's all. No worries....our government is loaded with individuals who share the same characteristic so you're not an aberration by any stretch.

Where am I being hypocritical? Yes I read your post. No I didn't miss your point.

Your saying I'm some sort of right winger. Well you are mistaken.

Why are you so obsessed with trying to pigeon hole me as a right winger? Weird.

Last edited:

Jagger69

Why are you so obsessed with trying to pigeon hole me as a right winger? Weird.

Let me sum this up for you. I'm not pigeon-holing you as right-winger, nor would it matter one iota to me that you were or weren't one. Hell, some of my best friends are right-wingers! :1orglaugh

I'm pigeonholing you as a hypocrite. Remember, you're the one who claimed the "centrist" label for yourself so don't be surprised when others throw stones at your glass house. -30-

Let me sum this up for you. I'm not pigeon-holing you as right-winger, nor would it matter one iota to me that you were or weren't one. Hell, some of my best friends are right-wingers! :1orglaugh

I'm pigeonholing you as a hypocrite. Remember, you're the one who claimed the "centrist" label for yourself so don't be surprised when others throw stones at your glass house. -30-

Jagger, just let it go. Your posts have been very thoughtful and not at all accusatory. If you'd like to have a more meaningful discussion, try here:

http://www.it-is-law.com/dump/BrickWall.jpg
BrickWall.jpg

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I can't take Trident seriously for a number of reasons, the least of which is politics. That avatar makes me think of Ike Stain's thread about avatars and perceptions. http://board.freeones.com/showthread.php?t=459082&highlight=hot+chick+avatar When I finally shake that thought out of my mind I think of Dentyne or Triumph The Insult Comic Dog. Then there's politics and how he claims to be a centrist but only hurls criticism at democrats and liberals. That's typical tea party propaganda, though, so whatever. At any rate, brick wall is fucking hilarious.

exactly wrong.
maybe some didn't like him because they knew he was a smug asshole trying to manipulate the naive and stupid into thinking a certain way.

Sorry...you're wrong...exactly. I know how some of you guys are...just because you believe something...absent a single bit of reasonable evidence or fact...it is so...(just because). But Olbermann in this clip is actually correcting a smug asshole who manipulates the naive and stupid into thinking a certain way.

Beyond him citing her as worst person, he's not offering one, single opinion here...he is straight up and down giving the facts where some G:clown:per loon is misstating and misleading the naive, stupid and ignorant.