• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Keith Olberman out at MSNBC

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
what about people who thought he was just a biased jerk promoting the democratic party while disguising himself as a news reporter?

He's a commentator, not a news reporter. Sad, really, if you don't know the difference. I assume you dislike the Limbaugh's, Hannity's, Beck's, Palin's, O'Reilly's, Levin's, Coulter's, Malkin's, Ingrahams's, Dobbs, Savage's and the rest of the right wing screamers of the world, as well

Never watched him. He's a blowhard. Just as bad as O'Reilly if you ask me.

When it comes to partisan outrage, he's much, much worse than O'Reilly. I'm not defending O'Reilly in any way, but I fail to see how O'Reilly has been pinned as some Rightist ideologue.

He's all over the place. He's just a reactionary goof. He exploits outrage when a judge makes a horrible decision or Sesame Street picks a rapper to appear on an episode, but when it comes to actual Conservative values, he's all over the map.

Bill O'Reilly is to Conservatism as Joel Olsteen is to Christianity.

When it comes to partisan outrage, he's much, much worse than O'Reilly. I'm not defending O'Reilly in any way, but I fail to see how O'Reilly has been pinned as some Rightist ideologue.

He's all over the place. He's just a reactionary goof. He exploits outrage when a judge makes a horrible decision or Sesame Street picks a rapper to appear on an episode, but when it comes to actual Conservative values, he's all over the map.

Bill O'Reilly is to Conservatism as Joel Olsteen is to Christianity.

This is typical Olbermann....

...addressing GOPer and conservative spin and misrepresentations. There was nothing for KO to spin in that as the congresswoman was just wrong on the facts in her spin as he pointed out. O'Reilly is typically the source of such spin and misrepresentations that's why O'Reilly is typically a target of KO. Point is, as bias as KO may be..he doesn't approach the demagoguing some on the right engage in since most of his shtick is just about addressing their malarkey. He doesn't spend his time trying to coerce a perspective. That's not worse by a long shot IMO. BTW, O'Reilly is a conservative who just tries to play independent.

This is typical Olbermann....

...addressing GOPer and conservative spin and misrepresentations. There was nothing for KO to spin in that as the congresswoman was just wrong on the facts in her spin as he pointed out. O'Reilly is typically the source of such spin and misrepresentations that's why O'Reilly is typically a target of KO. Point is, as bias as KO may be..he doesn't approach the demagoguing some on the right engage in since most of his shtick is just about addressing their malarkey. He doesn't spend his time trying to coerce a perspective. That's not worse by a long shot IMO. BTW, O'Reilly is a conservative who just tries to play independent.

Oh please. I watch Olbermann on occasion...more often than that, actually. Claiming that he doesn't spin or try to coerce a perspective is really something I can't imagine that you actually believe. Just look at what he did to Hillary Clinton when GE and the Democratic Party began to publicly favor Obama in the primaries.

That kind of phony and disgusting bullshit wasn't a blatant attempt at coercion?? Riiight! Pompous melodrama never skews anything. Nor does relying on a raster of pundits who always agree on every talking point soundly.

And I never said that O'Reilly isn't a conservative, I implied that he's nothing like the Limbaughian talking head that some people make him out to be. Nothing of a Olbermann equivalent. I have an awful and unfortunate habit of watching all these prime time cable clowns and I've seen numerous example of O'Reilly demanding federal intervention on all kinds of matters; ranging from gas prices to paparazzi. Not to mention championing every bailout from TARP to GM. There's a reason why Limbaugh headlines CPAC while O'Reilly gets bashed by people like Mark Levin.

O'Reilly is Archie Bunker. He's an old man with an army of Ediths to back him up on any ridiculous bullshit he can think of. He stays away from any argument that he doesn't want to spend the time and energy to backup and, instead, resorts to 10 minute long segments talking about Snooki and pregnant teenagers or having Dennis Miller make Chink jokes about Hu Jintao.

An ideologue he is not. He's the Jerry Springer and PT Barnum of cable news.

Now watch this as I tell you how it will corrupt the minds of children.

Oh please. I watch Olbermann on occasion...more often than that, actually. Claiming that he doesn't spin or try to coerce a perspective is really something I can't imagine that you actually believe. Just look at what he did to Hillary Clinton when GE and the Democratic Party began to publicly favor Obama in the primaries.

That kind of phony and disgusting bullshit wasn't a blatant attempt at coercion?? Riiight! Pompous melodrama never skews anything. Nor does relying on a raster of pundits who always agree on every talking point soundly.

I COULDN'T DISAGREE MORE UTTERLY AND COMPLETELY WITH YOUR CHARACTERIZATION HERE.

Olbermann was as true on target as any bullseye EVER and he spoke fittingly with regards to irresponsible rhetoric. There was ZERO reason for her to invoke 'assassination' no matter the circumstance in the '08 primaries..ZERO.

Here's where you're falling off IMO Lx5. In your zeal to paint Olbermann as some ultra Obama or lefty mouthpiece what you miss is Olbermann calling it like it is irrespective of party.

Obermann would have equally called out a GOPer or conservative for such invocation the difference is, GOPers would have been whining about double standards for not equally criticizing a Demo. Which in the case he did...

Instead of being standupish about the consistency and objectivity Olbermann displayed in criticizing Clinton...you assert this as an example (amazingly) of Olbermann being biased in favor of Obama.

That's laughable as Olbermann went across the board in his COMMENTARY on the subject and included every scenario in which it would be inappropriate. From invoking it towards a woman trying to break through the glass ceiling to a white man....

Lx5 listen to it again...you should be able to catch it this time. The key is you can't go by the labels people put on videos but actually listen to what's being said.:2 cents:

xfire

The only reason right-wingers hate Olbermann is because he tells the truth.

Olbermann is a Doberman on GOPer steak.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020

don't you see it?
ya just don't get it do you xfire?

Oberman was presenting news from a perspective, a specific point of view.
maybe not even his own but of his employer.
You see it so clearly in Hannity and Fox for example, why can't you see it in Oberman man?

telling the truth is one thing, telling the truth from a biased one sided perspective may still be the truth but with a twist.

I COULDN'T DISAGREE MORE UTTERLY AND COMPLETELY WITH YOUR CHARACTERIZATION HERE.

Olbermann was as true on target as any bullseye EVER and he spoke fittingly with regards to irresponsible rhetoric. There was ZERO reason for her to invoke 'assassination' no matter the circumstance in the '08 primaries..ZERO.

Here's where you're falling off IMO Lx5. In your zeal to paint Olbermann as some ultra Obama or lefty mouthpiece what you miss is Olbermann calling it like it is irrespective of party.

Obermann would have equally called out a GOPer or conservative for such invocation the difference is, GOPers would have been whining about double standards for not equally criticizing a Demo. Which in the case he did...

Instead of being standupish about the consistency and objectivity Olbermann displayed in criticizing Clinton...you assert this as an example (amazingly) of Olbermann being biased in favor of Obama.

That's laughable as Olbermann went across the board in his COMMENTARY on the subject and included every scenario in which it would be inappropriate. From invoking it towards a woman trying to break through the glass ceiling to a white man....

Lx5 listen to it again...you should be able to catch it this time. The key is you can't go by the labels people put on videos but actually listen to what's being said.:2 cents:

Oh Christ...wow...I really don't know what to say.

Clinton's comment was awkward to some (after it was dissected), but what other historic examples remind of us how the primaries can run so far into crucial timing? Yeah, it was a bad example, but the only example people could recognize. However, it was in no way an endorsement or subliminal suggestion of assassination. And that is exactly how Olbermann tried to paint it.

I've applauded Olbermann (on this very forum) for taking Obama to task on assassination policy, Pakistani bombing and the war in general. But the idea of accepting him as anything other than propaganda is an outright joke.

Lastly, I NEVER suggested that Olbermann was a product of the Democratic Party. I said he went along with generic GE and Democratic Party fervor once Obama became viable. However, it is quite funny that GE began to treat him like shit once he demonstrated opposition from actual administrative policy. I never said he wasn't a victim of politics, but to argue that he isn't a mouth piece for the Left is a complete and utter joke.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Olbermann is no more a news reporter than Sean Hannity or Glenn Beck are. All are political commentators, not reporters. He was no more extreme in his left-wing views than the other two I mentioned are in their right-wing views. Guess your level of fondness or hatred for him depends which side of the fence you consider yourself to be on. I watched him reasonably frequently and always thought he was clever and very intelligent but a little over-the-top with his dogmatic attitude about things. Of course, that's what he got paid to be so....:dunno:

I doubt that we've seen the last of him for sure.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
that's what I've been trying to say.

And might i add that i think Oberman spent more time promoting Obama than Obama spent promoting Obama.
He also ripped Hillary daily, something Obama could not do.

Oh Christ...wow...I really don't know what to say.

Clinton's comment was awkward to some (after it was dissected), but what other historic examples remind of us how the primaries can run so far into crucial timing? Yeah, it was a bad example, but the only example people could recognize. However, it was in no way an endorsement or subliminal suggestion of assassination. And that is exactly how Olbermann tried to paint it.

I've applauded Olbermann (on this very forum) for taking Obama to task on assassination policy, Pakistani bombing and the war in general. But the idea of accepting him as anything other than propaganda is an outright joke.

Lastly, I NEVER suggested that Olbermann was a product of the Democratic Party. I said he went along with generic GE and Democratic Party fervor once Obama became viable. However, it is quite funny that GE began to treat him like shit once he demonstrated opposition from actual administrative policy. I never said he wasn't a victim of politics, but to argue that he isn't a mouth piece for the Left is a complete and utter joke.

Well, all I can say is you and I are just looking at the same facts and drawing different conclusions.

I think Olbermann would have been equally outraged and spoke equally harsh of anyone who invoked such language in the context of '08 primaries and election.

That's another thing you're seemingly being naive to...you're trying (unsuccessfully) to paint the '08 primary/elections as if there weren't other implications which could have elevated her mere, 'awkward' words.

Since it's the case that KO would have criticized anyone saying something that 'awkward' (your word), hard to see how you're attributing that to some bias.

That was NOT an example of bias..That was an example of him calling it like it was.

Funny how you can acknowledge his objectivity on Obama but somehow think that switch just kicked on for KO now after you post a video of him being objective against Clinton but you can't see it.:confused:

xfire

don't you see it?
ya just don't get it do you xfire?

Oberman was presenting news from a perspective, a specific point of view.
maybe not even his own but of his employer.
You see it so clearly in Hannity and Fox for example, why can't you see it in Oberman man?

telling the truth is one thing, telling the truth from a biased one sided perspective may still be the truth but with a twist.

It might be helpful if you read the entire thread before commenting, Meester, because in post #21 I said the following-

He's a commentator, not a news reporter. Sad, really, if you don't know the difference. I assume you dislike the Limbaugh's, Hannity's, Beck's, Palin's, O'Reilly's, Levin's, Coulter's, Malkin's, Ingrahams's, Dobbs, Savage's and the rest of the right wing screamers of the world, as well

Now, meester, you know good and well I'm as fair-minded as anyone. I've +repped you more than once in threads that weren't related to politics.

Well, all I can say is you and I are just looking at the same facts and drawing different conclusions.

I think Olbermann would have been equally outraged and spoke equally harsh of anyone who invoke such language in the context of '08 primaries and election.

That's another thing you're seemingly being naive to...

Since it's the case that KO would have criticized anyone saying something that 'awkward' (your word) hard to see how you're attributing that to some bias.

That's was NOT an example of bias..That was an example of him calling it like it was.

Funny how you can acknowledge his objectivity on Obama but somehow think that switch just kicked on for KO now after you post a video of him being objective against Clinton but you can't see it.:confused:

Funny how? I think KO was incredibly pro-Obama and then became disenchanted with the reality of his administration. If you honestly think that was an example of him "calling it like it was" than we can never agree on the matter.

And, likewise, if you think that Sean Hannity really, truly feared the impact of Jeremiah Wright's weekly sermons, I can also never agree.

I'll never claim that I'm more educated or smarter than you, but somehow, my eyes and ears hold a superior ability to smell complete and utter bullshit.

*SPOILER*

Gilligan really wasn't trapped on an island.

Facetious

Moderated
I haven't watched him since he left ESPN. Keith and Dan Patrick used to be the best SportsCenter duo back in the day. I guess he should have stuck with sports...

This right here :hatsoff:

So I guess all the twonks on the right who don't like non-o'reilly voices on the airwaves because it makes them insecure about their PNAC worldview, will be celebrating at the local rodeo/gun show/dog fight/tonight.

Now they can enjoy the comfort of their delusion knowing there is one less voice disturbing them with inconvenient facts

I actually welcome contrarian voices on the airwaves, but how are they supposed to get capitalistic business enterprises to support their programs?
I mean, you kinda have to have a pro business ideology in order to get businesses to sponsor your program, right?

xfire

I actually welcome contrarian voices on the airwaves, but how are they supposed to get capitalistic business enterprises to support their programs?
I mean, you kinda have to have a pro business ideology in order to get businesses to sponsor your program, right?

Olbermann hosted MSNBC's highest rated program. Yeah, let's kill our biggest cash cow. That dog don't hunt.