• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

It's "You're" not Your

C

cindy CD/TV

These grammar (commonly written grammer :facepalm:) errors always make me chuckle. You can tell which errors are caused by a hastily written post vs. those who simply think contractions are related to giving birth. :D

Shifty

O.G.
... or, you can just use 'yer'. It applies equally well. Look it up. It's in the dictionary, near the back somewhere. :doa82:

e.g.

- Yer an asshole.
- Take yer shit and gtfo.

Ya see? :hatsoff:

You're and Your were never a problem to me but I have hard time with Witch/Wish/Which.

The one I have the most trouble with is affect and effect. I usually just use my instinct on that one.

The mistakes that irritate me the most are:

Their, there and they're.

You're and your.

Would've and would of.

Than and then.

Loose and lose.

Get it right, people.

Alyssa Rose

Official Checked Star Member
My worst grammar pet peeve is when people don't capitalize their I's! It drives me insane to see a sentence like, "i went to the store so i could get some candy."

Really? It's that difficult to capitalize your I's?

I'm not saying that I'm always 100% correct in my grammar but I sure as hell try to be. The second we get so lazy that we stop caring about the way we speak, talk or type is the second when we can be rest assured that there is no hope for the future. We are on our way to becoming the movie Idiocracy. It's actually really sad.

Facetious

Moderated
When people use "nuther" as a word... "That's a whole nuther topic".

I hear it all the time on tv, radio and on the streets, but never, not a once have I ever read anywhere in text format where anybody has tried to pull it off. :dunno: :1orglaugh

C

cindy CD/TV

"'Nuff said" is verbal abomination and must be hunted down and destroyed!

:angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob: :zombie: :angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob: