• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair... Who made the bigger impact in Pro Wrestling?

Who was the bigger star in Pro Wrestling?

• Hulk Hogan

Votes: 38 80.9%
  • Ric Flair

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Ric was the better wrestler, but anyone who says he had a bigger impact on pro wrestling than Hogan is lying to themselves. Hogan is a cultural icon and made wrestling into what it is today. Ric could never hold a candle to Hogan in terms of impact.

Of course, when speaking about actual ability, it is the other way around.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Ric Flair is the greatest Professional Wrestler ever but Hulk Hogan blew the doors wide open and took wrestling from Mid Atlantic civic centers w/ a few hundred Rednecks to The Pontiac Silverdome and 90,000 people on world wide television!

If you want to get really technical, Vince McMahon made ALL that happen and imo, made wrestling what it has turned into today. :bowdown:

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Ric Flair is the greatest Professional Wrestler ever but Hulk Hogan blew the doors wide open and took wrestling from Mid Atlantic civic centers w/ a few hundred Rednecks to The Pontiac Silverdome and 90,000 people on world wide television!

To be fair, Ric Flair took wrestling to 150,000 people in North Korea...

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
To be fair, Ric Flair took wrestling to 150,000 people in North Korea...

Fair point but, Antonio Inoki drew that many on his own in the Orient....ANY wrestling, in one form or another, has always been huge there.

If you want to get really technical, Vince McMahon made ALL that happen and imo, made wrestling what it has turned into today. :bowdown:

C/S... To me... Vince McMahon, WWF, Hulk Hogan and all that Wrestle Mania shit from the 80's is what made Pro Wrestling what it is today.

I still remember WrestleMania III... Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant.

That shit was like the fucking Super Bowl. LOL

http://www.rehost.org/images/1291741817.jpg

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
vince used hogan to transform wresting into what it is today.
before hogan the champion was bob backlin, not exactly an arena filler.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
vince used hogan to transform wresting into what it is today.
before hogan the champion was bob backlin, not exactly an arena filler.

True, Bob Backlund was SUPPOSED to be the "All American Hero" type of a babyface BEFORE Hogan but never had the charisma to do it...thus Vince created Hulkamania.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
True, Bob Backlund was SUPPOSED to be the "All American Hero" type of a babyface BEFORE Hogan but never had the charisma to do it...thus Vince created Hulkamania.

yep, so if i recall correctly vince had the iron sheik beat the american hero backlund and then hogan beat the sheik.
perfect setup.

just like when coca cola replaced coke with new coke then brought back the original months later now labeled as coca cola classic in order to change the ingredients from cane sugar to corn syrup...........well almost similar

Hogan is without a doubt the bigger name and changed the business more. Not in a good way but hey. Ric had the look, the mouth and the in ring abilities that Hogan couldn't touch. Hogan had the push as a "face" so he could come across as a world beater. Flair was a "heel" and his job was to make people believe that his opponent was a better wrestler and cheat them out of the win in the end. The "Nature Boy" was three times the worker that Hogan was. I've seen him pull great matches out of people that should have never been more than curtain jerkers.

This says it all.

Hogan was a truly crappy wrestler with an even crappier and beyond lame finishing move, but his charisma outshown Flairs, though this was due in large part to Flair being relegated for much of his career to the "minor leagues" of NWA, wrestling in backwater towns in the South while hogan worked MSG in NYC and had the WWF promo machine runing full steam behind him.

I have great respect for guys like Flair, Hart, Steamboat, Michaels etc. etc. for being great "wrestler", but since wrestling is simply a show, shouldn't drawing power be the main criteria by which you judge greatness? You measure athletes by performance, wrestlers by how many asses they put in seats and tv's on PPV.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Hogan transcended wrestling and made a bigger impact outside of it.

However, Ric Flair was the man. Plain and simple. He carried the NWA on his back during the 80s and was one of the principal reasons for the success of WCW. Nobody played a better heel than Flair and nobody else brought out the best in somebody like he did.

Hogan transcended wrestling and made a bigger impact outside of it.

However, Ric Flair was the man. Plain and simple. He carried the NWA on his back during the 80s and was one of the principal reasons for the success of WCW. Nobody played a better heel than Flair and nobody else brought out the best in somebody like he did.
Who is in your avatar? She is smokin'.

randomuser241

Closed Account
Hulk Hogan is the freaking man. Its hulkamania people, not rickflairmanina. Hulk blew up pro wrestling more than anyone else. First pro wrestler that comes to mind for me and most other people is Hulk Hogan

[Please Note: the attachment in this post has been deleted by moderator PlasmaTwa2]
[Read more about the board rules: here]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I voted for the Nature Boy just to be contrary. Both of them are immortals in the annals of pro wrestling.

Rick Flair.

He has accomplished fifty times what Bulk Logan could ever hope to achieve. He has held the heavy weight belt, in different wrestling circles, 16 times. How many times has Hogan held the belt? not as many times as Ricky boy.

Flair is the better wrestler. Hogan is the bigger celebrity. There's a difference.