• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

How can the New Orleans Saints genuinely call themselves world champions?

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
You get your idiots anywhere , Ive seen riots in the USA through hockey and stuff & anyway the comment was meant tongue in cheek , not to be taken seriously:tongue:

Oh, I know. But I couldn't resist.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
You didn't win the Vietnam war

It's obvious you haven't been to America. :tongue:

*cough*Didn't win the War of 1812 either...*cough*

Vim Fuego

Banned
This is why the world hates Americans.

I don't hate Americans, I just think they're mis-guided in the school of life. It's a great country to visit and the people are a lot of fun.

I do hate the French though.

roronoa3000

Banned
Here is all the knowledge I have on Amercian football:
You have a quarterback and some wide receivers. I don't know how many. :dunno:
And you have various other players. I don't know how many. :dunno:
And I always listen to the commentators with their funny American accents saying: First down! Second down! Third down! Touch down! :eek:
That's all I know. :dunno: :crying: That's enough to follow the game. I like american football and I watch at least 4 games a year. :)

Anyways, my question is this. In the English football premier league at the end of the season 2 or 3 teams are demoted to a lower division where they get less money and play weaker teams. Does the NFL have a similar system?
How does it all work on your end? :wave2:

you find american accents funny? lol. never thought Id hear that.
there 11 players on the field at one time for each team.
No one is demoted the worst teams in the NFL get the first picks in the draft so they can pick the best players from colleges.

habo9

Banned
you find american accents funny? lol. never thought Id hear that.
there 11 players on the field at one time for each team.
No one is demoted the worst teams in the NFL get the first picks in the draft so they can pick the best players from colleges.

That makes sense , does your MLS do this as well?

PlasmaTwa2

That makes sense , does your MLS do this as well?

MLS doesn't have a promotion/demotion system like Europe. Some ULS teams (Like Seattle and Vancouver) move up to MLS, but that's because the teams buy a franchise in MLS, not because they are good teams.

PlasmaTwa2

No I mean get the pick of soccer players , thats why I was asking I know they dont have promotion etc.............

Yes, the MLS has a draft every year.

habo9

Banned
Yes, the MLS has a draft every year.

That seems like a fair way of doing things but if you tried to bring that into soccer over here now hell would freeze over first , before they brought that in but in an ideal world we should have something like that in place , it would even things up a bit instead of the rich get better and the poor get worse

PlasmaTwa2

That seems like a fair way of doing things but if you tried to bring that into soccer over here now hell would freeze over first , before they brought that in but in an ideal world we should have something like that in place , it would even things up a bit instead of the rich get better and the poor get worse

It is a very good system, unless you happen to be the Toronto Maple Leafs, in which case you hate the draft and cry everynight about how bad it fucked your team up.

ed007

Banned
Here is all the knowledge I have on Amercian football:
You have a quarterback and some wide receivers. I don't know how many. :dunno:
And you have various other players. I don't know how many. :dunno:
And I always listen to the commentators with their funny American accents saying: First down! Second down! Third down! Touch down! :eek:
That's all I know. :dunno: :crying: That's enough to follow the game. I like american football and I watch at least 4 games a year. :)

Anyways, my question is this. In the English football premier league at the end of the season 2 or 3 teams are demoted to a lower division where they get less money and play weaker teams. Does the NFL have a similar system?
How does it all work on your end? :wave2:

Can I get some!!! :helpme: from an American?

prepfoot_an2o51wd.jpg

Im gonna take a chance and say Football (or 'soccer') has the same amount of, if not more strategies than American Football. There's formation, man marking, positioning, defence, attack, midfield, set peices ect. The only bad thing about Football is theres too many divers trying to get penaltys and free kicks from slight touches. American Football is virtually stop'n'start play, Football can be like this, but most of the time isn't.

As for the 2-1 statement, some of the best games have been 2-1. You don't need massive amounts of goals for a good game.

There are plenty of neanderthal numbskull Americans who know nothing about sports other than the Big 4 in America --Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey.

Sometimes, it's a waste of time to try to convince the caveman that "fire" can be used for other things than just to see or keep warm.

Soccer requires just as much strategy as Pro American Football the difference is that in Soccer, the strategic decisions must take place during the flow of the game. In American Football there's a 30 second window after every play for the Coaches to tell the players what to do. The Coaches decide the tactics and the players execute or fuck something up. The flow of the game isn't there and the pressure of having to perform "on the spot" is almost taken away completely in American Football. There are infinite substitutions allowed so that specialized players who only do 1 thing can come in for 1 play. Soccer doesn't have this. You have to have a higher proficiency in general skills to play soccer than you do in American Football. Quality American football players usually do a limited number of things well and fast, basically.

Soccer also is a healthier sport for people to play. You can basically play soccer from age 5 - 60. Nobody plays American Football past the age of 25 with any real consistency unless you are a professional player. That's also why American Football kind of sucks. It's not exactly the kind of sport you can play with your buddies or strangers as easily as you can soccer.

PlasmaTwa2

Can I get some!!! :helpme: from an American?

prepfoot_an2o51wd.jpg

I just answered this.

Sports leagues in North America are franchise based. Owners have to buy their teams, and then once they have them the team is in the league until they fold or relocate. There is no promote/demote system in any major sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL), or the MLS.

There are lower leagues, like the AHL for the NHL, but they are used as a place to groom players and help them adjust to pro sports. Those teams cannot be promoted to their parent league unless the owner somehow buys a franchise.

A poor explanation, but that's pretty much it.

ed007

Banned
^^ Thank you
roronoa3000 and PlasmaTwa2. :hatsoff::hatsoff:

the last time i checked, the best northamerican football teams play in north america. the saints won in the best football league there is.

habo9

Banned
the last time i checked, the best northamerican football teams play in north america. the saints won in the best football league there is.

Thats over we decided that 99% of Americans are wrong and everyone else is right , that includes 1% of America :D

Vim Fuego

Banned
I've been to a baseball match. I saw the Boston Red Sox play at Fenway Park. It was quite possible the most boring sporting event I've ever seen. Nothing happened at all for three hours.

Even more disturbing, they shut the fucking bar 3 innings from the end. Madness.

I just answered this.

Sports leagues in North America are franchise based. Owners have to buy their teams, and then once they have them the team is in the league until they fold or relocate. There is no promote/demote system in any major sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL), or the MLS.

There are lower leagues, like the AHL for the NHL, but they are used as a place to groom players and help them adjust to pro sports. Those teams cannot be promoted to their parent league unless the owner somehow buys a franchise.

A poor explanation, but that's pretty much it.
Then, one question comes to my mind : When it' half of the regular season and a team got terrible results, they know they on't acess to the play-offs, what is their motivation to do their best to win the games ?

In European sport the danger of being relegated into a lower division isz there to motivate the guys and encourage them to still maintain their fighting spirit.
How could NFL or NBA Guys maintain it without being awared that they fall into a lower division ?

PlasmaTwa2

Then, one question comes to my mind : When it' half of the regular season and a team got terrible results, they know they on't acess to the play-offs, what is their motivation to do their best to win the games ?

In European sport the danger of being relegated into a lower division isz there to motivate the guys and encourage them to still maintain their fighting spirit.
How could NFL or NBA Guys maintain it without being awared that they fall into a lower division ?

That is probably the biggest problem with the draft system. I cannot speak for the other leagues, but in the NHL there have been cases of teams - that are already out of the playoffs - aiming to lose more games so they can get a higher draft pick. The one example that comes to my mind is the Ottawa Senators in the early nineties - they actually called teams the day before they were to play each other asking that they play all their best players so the Senators would lose.

While the teams cannot be relegated, the players can. In the NHL, if you underperform you run a serious risk of being sent down to the AHL - the "minors", as some call them.

Perhaps the one thing I can think of that motivates players to play their best is the support of the team. Just like in Europe, if the team does poorly the fans will stop coming, and then everyone runs the risk of losing their job. Take, for example, the Phoenix Coyotes, who were engaged in a huge legal battle this summer because of poor fan support in Arizona. In a way, this motivates players - that same team is now third best in the Western Conference. If the team does poorly, there will be serious repricussions, both for the players and the team itself.