• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

horror movies

not scary, but interesting... I liked it but I definately wouldn't categorize it as horror,,,If I had to categorize it, I would call it Abstract Media Art...kinda like an extremely long music video.

yeah. every person i know that went to school for film had to watch this, the cabinet of dr caligari, metropolis...

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
"The Legendary MacGruber. Former Navy SEAL, Army Ranger and Green Beret. Served six tours in Desert Storm, four in Bosnia, three each in Angola, Somalia, Mozambique, Nicaragua and Sierra Leone. Recipient of sixteen Purple Hearts, three Congressional Medals of Honor, seven Presidential Medals of Bravery and starting tight end for the University of Texas, El Paso."

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Seriously, I think I could watch that movie over and over.:1orglaugh

Macgruber: "You can do this, this is just like Nicaragua"

Vicki: "But I got shot in Nicaagua?"

Macgruber: "This is nothing like Nicaragua"

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
I think a big reason its so funny is because Jorma Taccone from "The Lonely Island Gang" directed it.

Here is Subspecies #1 "The Awakenning" (along with it's progeny of sequels). IMO, Subspecies #1 is a horror classic that I would consider to be one of the materpieces of the vampire film genre...As in most vampire movies, there is nothing particularly original about the plot , however, it is simple and well-told without alot of gaping holes in the story-line.

Further, The cinematography is outstanding !...The scenery and architecture are wonderful, and give the movie an "Old World" feel, which I find to be particularly appealing.

Finally, Anders Hove gives an excellent performance as the evil vampire Radu, and shows what a truly great actor can do without the use of excessive stunts and special effects.

* Also notice the cameo performance of the great Angus Scrimm (of the classic "Phantasm" franchise) as King Vladislav *

Enjoy !

Subspecies 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iQVgV2tIXY&feature=relmfu

Subspecies 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84-YooN4kpI&feature=relmfu

Subspecies 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRUAys_Aa20&feature=relmfu

A few of the rarities I enjoyed have been Shatter Dead, though it is very arty so a lot of people may not like it. But honestly it is about the only zombie movie I've seen that does not feel like the same old same old. And I love zombie movies. Hell my favorite movie of all time is Night of the Living Dead. No movie has even come close.

Though it calls itself a zombie movie it is not in any way. I suggest Pontypool. But if you have not seen it, don't look anything up about it. Knowing anything before going in will hurt the experience.

Here is Subspecies #1 "The Awakenning" (along with it's progeny of sequels). IMO, Subspecies #1 is a horror classic that I would consider to be one of the materpieces of the vampire film genre...As in most vampire movies, there is nothing particularly original about the plot , however, it is simple and well-told without alot of gaping holes in the story-line.

Further, The cinematography is outstanding !...The scenery and architecture are wonderful, and give the movie an "Old World" feel, which I find to be particularly appealing.

Finally, Anders Hove gives an excellent performance as the evil vampire Radu, and shows what a truly great actor can do without the use of excessive stunts and special effects.

* Also notice the cameo performance of the great Angus Scrimm (of the classic "Phantasm" franchise) as King Vladislav *

Enjoy !

wow, i havent seen the original since 93 i think... itll be nice to rewatch and see what its like now

and angus is awesome. when the x files movie came out, there was a rumor that he turned down the role of dr. kurtzweil so he could do another phantasm sequel... this was before the popularity of the internet...

A few of the rarities I enjoyed have been Shatter Dead, though it is very arty so a lot of people may not like it. But honestly it is about the only zombie movie I've seen that does not feel like the same old same old. And I love zombie movies. Hell my favorite movie of all time is Night of the Living Dead. No movie has even come close.

Though it calls itself a zombie movie it is not in any way. I suggest Pontypool. But if you have not seen it, don't look anything up about it. Knowing anything before going in will hurt the experience.

i havent seen shatter dead. any time the movie gets brought up at a get together, an argument usually breaks out... it seems either the people that saw it either love it or hate it.

ive heard it compared to "night of the demons" as far as its sexual tones though

and i got about 35 min into pontypool the other night, i should be finishing it probably tonight. im not sure what to make of it just yet

I'm going to watch House of the Devil tonight (I think). Any comments on that one?

Cabin in the Woods is still in theatres, so the less talk about what happens in it would be great (had to skip some comments back there).

I'm going to watch House of the Devil tonight (I think). Any comments on that one?

Cabin in the Woods is still in theatres, so the less talk about what happens in it would be great (had to skip some comments back there).

whoops, sorry about that... :uohs:

as far as house of the devil, i enjoyed it. within the first 5 minutes i knew exactly what type of movie i was watching. the director did a good job to give it a "retro" feel...

i wont say too much, but if you like the suspense/thriller type movies of the late 70s and early 80s, youll like it.

House of the Devil is amazing!! I LOVE that movie!! the last 20 min are fuckin killer!!!!

^yeah, "the possession" and "the devil inside" werent my cup of tea...

ill wait for you to see house of the devil for your opinion, but even considering its shortcomings its still my favorite of the 3

The Devil Inside wasn't that bad. But I didn't really take it as a horror movie. It actually felt like a documentary, as it's filmed in mockumentary style. So I think they accomplished what they wanted. I think it got a lot of unnecessary hate (because of the ending I won't reveal). Not great by any means, but not horrible either. 5 out of 10 maybe...I wouldn't watch it again, but not disappointed I did either.

i havent seen shatter dead. any time the movie gets brought up at a get together, an argument usually breaks out... it seems either the people that saw it either love it or hate it.

ive heard it compared to "night of the demons" as far as its sexual tones though

and i got about 35 min into pontypool the other night, i should be finishing it probably tonight. im not sure what to make of it just yet

That is common with Shatter Dead. It is very strange and you either like that or you hate it (It's kinda like Tool Videos. You either think they are brilliant or you think they are pretentious trash. Virtually no in between) It does have a lot of sexual overtones. There is a scene where our Heroine actually has sex with a gun.

Pontypool I really like because it knows how to build the action. It starts slow and picks up slowly and surely. A rare movie that knows how to pace.

Just got finished watching "The Perfect Host" earlier today. It was not as good as I hoped it was, and went into that same trap so many "suspense" movies go down. I wish this place had spoiler tags I could find so I could hide it if anyone did not want to know. But it is revealed about half way so it isn't much of one. Still I like David Hyde Peirce and I just wish everything else about the movie was better.

I am watching a movie right now called "Bubble" that was suggested by a friend. And let me tell you, it is not very good so far. It is suppose to be a suspense thriller, but the fact the dialogue was almost all improved shows, and sadly these people seem to be on auto-pilot for this movie. So far nothing has happened. I mean nothing at all. We don't even really know a lot about these characters. They are hoping the minimalist score drive this movie. It does not. Hopfully it picks up soon. but half way though I don't see it happening.