• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Hey Republicans! Tax Payers are Helping Fortune 500 Companies Pay Their Employees!

I am fine with the idea of raising the minimum wage. But it will be a very short sighted "fix" if something isn't put into place that prevents companies from raising the price of their goods/services to recoup their losses. If anyone thinks that even one company will lose even 1 cent over a minimum wage increase, then they are mistaken. As of right now, I am unaware of anything in our system that puts a cap on what a company is allowed to charge for their product. In short, I don't have a problem with a bump in the minimum wage, but I think it will make things worse. The buying power of the current minimum will equal the buying power of the new minimum. And everyone who is slightly above the min. wage will be squeezed even more.

Mariahxxx

Official Checked Star Member
but the increase they would have to make would be minimal. california restaurants did it to pay their waiters $10 & $12 hourly and the industry didnt see even the smallest drop.

housing and utilities won't increase because of it. price of gas won't go up either. how many supermarkets have had to increase their prices to meet the demands of unions? ralph's and vons in California pay cashiers over $20 an hour with long term employees making close to $30 an hour with full benefits and their prices are only about 3% more than they are in grocery stores in florida where we have high school kids (non union) running registers for $7.25 hour with no benefits.

but the increase they would have to make would be minimal. california restaurants did it to pay their waiters $10 & $12 hourly and the industry didnt see even the smallest drop.

housing and utilities won't increase because of it. price of gas won't go up either. how many supermarkets have had to increase their prices to meet the demands of unions? ralph's and vons in California pay cashiers over $20 an hour with long term employees making close to $30 an hour with full benefits and their prices are only about 3% more than they are in grocery stores in florida where we have high school kids (non union) running registers for $7.25 hour with no benefits.

how dare they evil unions get people a decent living wage those terrible anti American Union beasts need to be done away with, they are all corrupt.....bwahahaha

Mariahxxx

$27 hour to run a cash register? come on dude. $15 hour ok, fair enough but $27? they were making an average of $19 hour in 2004 when they went on strike. Costco and walmart are killing grocery chains so they were all going broke in California trying to stay competitive and still pay these salaries. The grocers asked to renegotiate the union contract and they refused and in return demanded MORE money. Then they walked out for months picketing and the groceries hired scabs as you call them.

And Bob if you are against companies being required to pay a living wage, how about they are required to pay taxes? Verizon made $40 BILLION in profits in 2012 and look to make more in 2013 but paid ZERO in taxes. GE got a 3 MILLION dollar refund. These corporations are not only stiffing their employees, they aren't even paying fucking taxes on the BILLIONS of dollars in profit they are making.

and look at what Costco pays people it's a whole lot more than Walmart or Sam's Club they actually pay an average 17 dollars an hour and up. without the unions the cashiers would be getting minimum wage in your against that so even though there's corruption they have to use you're just too blind to see it

You think that an increase in wages won't result in a rise in prices? I disagree. I tried to look for the info regarding Ralph's and Von's but it was limited. What I did find seemed to suggest that cashiers are not new hires. They are people who are "promoted" to the position. Baggers/courtesy clerks, which is more than likely the position of new hires and also more than likely the ones to be earning the min. wage, are paid on average $8.40/hr at Von's and $8.30/hr at Ralph's. But again, I agree that the min wage can be increased, but it will be another useless solution unless other measures are taken to prevent the raise from being nullified by an overall increase in the cost of living.

http://yourbreadandbutter.com/news/employers/vons

http://www.yourbreadandbutter.com/news/employers/ralphs

Mariahxxx

if prices are raised on fast food, GOOD! less people need to be eating that shit anyway. A study done last year showed that by 2040 they predict more than 70% of americans over 50 will have heart disease because of our diet. watch tv for one hour and see the tripple fried burger ads and the KFC double double which is 2 pieces of fried chicken with mashed potatoes bacon and cream sauce with the fried chicken breasts used as the bun. it has like 600 calories in it with 330 of those calories coming from fat. food is coming in buckets now and the servings are getting bigger and bigger of nothing but pure fat and starch, the worst combination you can get. Everything is about huge portions of filling fattening foods and they are selling it like crazy because it's affordable and fast.

raise the prices and people will pay it. that simple

Mayhem

Banned
if prices are raised on fast food, GOOD! less people need to be eating that shit anyway. A study done last year showed that by 2040 they predict more than 70% of americans over 50 will have heart disease because of our diet. watch tv for one hour and see the tripple fried burger ads and the KFC double double which is 2 pieces of fried chicken with mashed potatoes bacon and cream sauce with the fried chicken breasts used as the bun. it has like 600 calories in it with 330 of those calories coming from fat. food is coming in buckets now and the servings are getting bigger and bigger of nothing but pure fat and starch, the worst combination you can get. Everything is about huge portions of filling fattening foods and they are selling it like crazy because it's affordable and fast.

^^^ That's some truth right there. The last thing the pajama-pants people ever worry about, as they're lining up for their order of grease with a side of salt w/ 72 oz. trough of sugar, is how much it costs.

Mariahxxx

I was hosting an event in Oklahoma City earlier in the year and when I got to my hotel from the airport I was starving and tired and just wanted something to eat so I could get some sleep. The entire street where my hotel was had nothing but fast food. one after the other for a mile. It was incredible. Right next door to my hotel was a golden coral which I had seen but never been in. I said fuck it Ill have salad and a soda, how bad could it be? OMG. there were people with their plates piled so high it seemed impossible they didnt fall over. Enormous people eating ridiculous amounts of food. Enormous little kids. I mean morbidly obese with their parents joining them in a 5000 calorie dinner. the salad was bar was the least popular thing there other than the fatties using it as a fixins bar to load on top of their plates.

I was so disgusted I walked out. the place was at capacity and the average person there was at least 100 pounds overweight. it was an eye opener for me.

Hey that reminds me. You still have the link to those super healthy sloppy joes you made? I seem to have misplaced it and quite frankly I'm famished!

Mariahxxx

homemade sloppy joes is hardly comparable to eating out of a trough.
here are the ingredients:
1lb ground lean sirloin
hamburger buns
3/4 can diced tomatoes
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup bar b q sauce
2 tablespoons worcestchire sauce

so where is the sarcasm directed her dude or are you just being cunty for fun?

I made a lot of unhealthy shit but thats what did better with viewers, and I was called names and had a lot of people say some mean shit to me because of it. the healthy stuff got the least amount of views and therefore the least revenue. I was being paid per video by someone and they requested more foods like this. comfort food but now that I didn't renew the contract you'll see the stuff I'm making is more healthy. I buy ONLY organic foods and shop at butcher shops and fish markets and vegetable and fruit stands for my stuff, NOT a supermarket unless I have no other option.

homemade sloppy joes is hardly comparable to eating out of a trough.
here are the ingredients:
1lb ground lean sirloin
hamburger buns
3/4 can diced tomatoes
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup bar b q sauce
2 tablespoons worcestchire sauce

so where is the sarcasm directed her dude or are you just being cunty for fun?

I made a lot of unhealthy shit but thats what did better with viewers, and I was called names and had a lot of people say some mean shit to me because of it. the healthy stuff got the least amount of views and therefore the least revenue. I was being paid per video by someone and they requested more foods like this. comfort food but now that I didn't renew the contract you'll see the stuff I'm making is more healthy. I buy ONLY organic foods and shop at butcher shops and fish markets and vegetable and fruit stands for my stuff, NOT a supermarket unless I have no other option.

Yeah your videos are a plethora of healthy eating. Your recipes have more carbs than John Force's garage.

Mayhem

Banned
It's funny the little things that are remembered. I was 18, in a 7-11. In came these two ridiculously fat mothers with their 3 or 4 beach ball children. Not one of them wasn't wearing stretch-clothes that weren't stretched out. They beelined straight to the Big Gulps, and snagged a couple of bags of Doritos on their way to the cashier. One of the mothers caught me staring in morbid fascination and gave me a pissed off look like, "How dare you stare at how fat we are, while we are in the process of getting fatter."

This is one of many reasons why I didn't mind Bloombergs attempt to reign in this sort of ...I don't know what. But saying that parents are the best people to decide for their children falls flat thousands of times an hour in every 7-11, McDonalds...and Golden Coral.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
And you also said that you donate it to the poor and hungry. I am appalled at your lack of compassion and your contributions to overall bad health of the impoverished!

I have to admit this made me laugh.

I'm in two minds when it comes to the proliferation of processed, unhealthy food in the marketplace. Part of me wants to yell at any overweight person munching on pork rinds, pizza, etc., but then I realize that these are the people who keep me in business. Come January 1, they'll all be filing in at my door wanting to lose weight.

David Kessler has a fascinating book called The End of Overeating. If anyone has an interest in food beyond the aesthetics and how they affect people, I'd suggest you read it.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
I was hosting an event in Oklahoma City earlier in the year and when I got to my hotel from the airport I was starving and tired and just wanted something to eat so I could get some sleep. The entire street where my hotel was had nothing but fast food. one after the other for a mile. It was incredible. Right next door to my hotel was a golden coral which I had seen but never been in. I said fuck it Ill have salad and a soda, how bad could it be? OMG. there were people with their plates piled so high it seemed impossible they didnt fall over. Enormous people eating ridiculous amounts of food. Enormous little kids. I mean morbidly obese with their parents joining them in a 5000 calorie dinner. the salad was bar was the least popular thing there other than the fatties using it as a fixins bar to load on top of their plates.

I was so disgusted I walked out. the place was at capacity and the average person there was at least 100 pounds overweight. it was an eye opener for me.

Congratulations! Open up a healthy eating place there with pay starting at $15 hr. Get a few of these others here to kick in a few grand. You can corner the market. Expand into other places. Do it right and I'll invest in that franchise. Local organic farmers are a growing thing so why not? You're not buying the same shit they serve at those other places. Blue, write me up an investment deal. I want to get in on this.

Mariahxxx

you can crack wise at me all want, but do you have any idea what they would eat at those places otherwise? Food that comes in 5 gallon buckets. condiments that say Mustard on the label and nothing else. soup that is leftovers from the week. bread that is stale and bleached flour. At least what I made was from scratch and with so many people my food was usually just divided up so they all got a few bites each.

if I want your opinions Ill rear end the car in front of me at the next traffic light.