• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Grindhouse

the difference in the two movies is what made it so amazing IMO.
planet terror was straight up gore, death and action.
death proof developed the characters/story.
the good directing by rodriguez/tarantino is what made these two different movies flow so well into a great double feature.

the previews were amazing too haha.
DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grindhouse: My review!

Here's my review of Grindhouse.

Lets start with this little statement about my opinions on the movie:
One of the best, funniest, goriest and badass movie(s) I have ever seen!

Bloody, silly, cheesy, fun, hot girls, action, almost no CGI at all and badass characters! What do you want more?

Planet Terror: One of the best zombie film I have seen in years. Its funny, ridiculously gory, the characters are really badass and there's a lot of really hot girls! The story is simple, its about a contagious disease that transform people into flesh eating zombies and of course there's more to it, but I don't want to give it away. The make-up and the gore is top notch and abundant. The zombies kind of looks like the zombies in Slither! Nice stuff. There's so much of gore and blood in this! Thousands of very bloody bullet hits, decapitations, slitted throats, people torned into pieces, guts, severed body parts, disgusting looking zombies, cutted off balls, nasty looking dead bodies, ... If you like gore, you'll love this. Last, but not least, some great cameos from Tom Savini, Fergie and Quentin Tarantino.

The fake trailers: Funny. As. Fuck. Damn, these fake trailers must be one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Its that funny! These trailers are so silly, over the top, cheesy and gory that you will surely laugh your ass off! The thanksgiving one is extremely funny and over the top! Cheers to Eli Roth.:rofl:

Death Proof: Kurt Rusell's character is a bloody maniac, but I really loved his performance in this movie. A real psycho. The story is about a maniac former stunt guy who enjoy to kill hot girls with his car, but one day he pick the wrong victims to play with. Its the typical revenge flick from the 70's. There's not as much gore here(but hey, Planet Terror is a gore fest), but still some nice stuff and it looks really real! You see all the details of what happen to his victims! Really nice. The beginning is kind of long, some people may think it drags a little, but the end for like 30 minutes is non stop action!

10/10. No exaggeration.:D

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Re: Grindhouse: My review!

Well, I read until the word Zombie.. and then decided to actually see it. ;)

As for the rest, that's just caking on the ice.

S

sputnikgirl

There's already a Grindhouse thread. Just lettin' ya know. :) You can read my opinions over in that one.

Rodriguez's half was executed really poorly, considering the budget they had to work with. I guess now everyone knows Rose McGowan can't even act well enough to be a B movie actress. His half was more true to a grindhouse film stylistically, but he relied too much on the showy effects.
That was made on purpose you know... They wanted to reproduct the feelings of these old low budget grindhouse movies, so basically: Bad acting, cheese, silly dialogues, non sense parts, plot holes, low budget feelings, etc... That's why some parts of Death Proof looked cheaply done!

Yeah, Death Proof might be slow at the beginning, but the last 30 minutes are non stop action! Fun stuff IMO. I tought this one looked more like a Grindhouse movie. It really felt like these old 70's revenge flicks.

I agree with you MAD, my g/f and I saw it last night and loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!! They should make another one and have the two movies be two of the fake trailers they showed!!!!

I agree! I would love to see Thanksgiving and Don't! So fucking funny!:rofl:

Good news: Rodriguez is gonna do 'Machete'!:D

Thanksgiving would be fuckin' great,and I almost can't wait for Machete.

My personal opinion on Grindhouse was that it was the most fun movie to come out all year.I think you are way off on your analysis about Planet Terror,Sputnikgirl.It was made exactly how it should have been made,with all the cheese,gore,and grossness that it should have had.It didn't cheap out one single bit.
As for Death Proof,I liked it but I am getting a little annoyed by the way Tarantino likes to drag out the the way he establishes his characters.Not like I didn't expect anything less from him,but let's get to the point already.I absolutely hated that Jungle Julia bitch.He did do an awsome job with the third act of it though,and Kurt Russell was great.
All in all,the best three hours I've spent in a long time,can't wait for the DVD so I can slo-mo all of the good stuff,especially the second car part in Death Proof.

I'm like the only one I know who didn't blow their load after seeing the trailers for 300 and Grindhouse.

I'm like the only one I know who didn't blow their load after seeing the trailers for 300 and Grindhouse.
I didnt care much for these movies when I saw the trailers and it wasnt really that urgent for me to see them, but when I saw the actual movies, I was blown away! The trailer really don't do the movies justice!

Actually, I prefered Grindhouse over 300! Its more my type of movie!

That was my first thought as well. There is already a three page "fresh" thread on this. Why another? :dunno:
Are you a mod or what? Why would you care? I didnt know there was already a thread about this... Sorry, just didnt see the other thread...:weeping:

rolleyes.gif

member006

Closed Account

Are you a mod or what? Why would you care? I didnt know there was already a thread about this... Sorry, just didnt see the other thread...:weeping:

rolleyes.gif

You know I'm not a mod so why even bother with that comment. I care only because I was keeping up with peoples opinions on the movie. Having to look two places things get lost. I didn't come in here calling you a dumb ass or anything so why the big deal? A mod merged them, I didn't. ;)

On topic again. As I said in my last post, all this talk makes me want to see it that much more. Not playing in my area yet though. :(

LL

You know I'm not a mod so why even bother with that comment. I care only because I was keeping up with peoples opinions on the movie. Having to look two places things get lost. I didn't come in here calling you a dumb ass or anything so why the big deal? A mod merged them, I didn't. ;)

On topic again. As I said in my last post, all this talk makes me want to see it that much more. Not playing in my area yet though. :(

LL
Its all right, I just don't like people on boards(not saying you are one) who tell people how to do things, that they did something wrong or who get pissed off because someone posted a link that was already posted like if they were mods...I mean why should they care about that? I don't see a reason.;)

Anyway, when will it be playing in your area? and where's that area? Its really worth the price! I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot! If you like entertainment, non-stop action, gore, badass characters, fun/cheesy stuff and movies that don't take themselves too seriously, you are sure to love this!:thumbsup:

i like the zombie one but thought the car ones was utter shite, got bored and struggled to watch it, had to turn it off after 50 mins and watch the rest the next day, tarantino is a highly overated director if you ask me, i though reservoir dogs was shite, pulp fiction was ok but i didnt think it was as good as everyone sayd it was, jackie brown was watchable only just though and from dusk till dawn was ok when it first came out but but last time i watched it i thought it was shite and kill bill was watchable but nothing more

well, I didn't like anything that these two ever made... so I was shocked that I didn't think this was the best movie ever.

there's a lot of directors and actors that I don't like and you know what? I don't go see their movies because I figure with reasonable certainty that I won't like them.

I've yet to hear anyone say that they had good expectations of this movie and were let down.

I just saw this movie last night and it was exactly what I expected. It reminded me of those explotation movies from the 70s and early 80s. I love some of the effects they threw in there, with the old style look and sound to the fake trailers
I loved it, it was such a nice difference from the "perfect" movies of today. I hope they make some more, I heard Rodriguez and Tarantino on the Opie and Anthony the other day and they said they may make more, and/or actually make some the movies mentioned in the fake trailers

:glugglug: