• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Favorite Godzilla / Japanese Kaiju Films

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
The Italians are notorious for stealing in film.

Luigi Cozzi's Copy/Paste Godzilla

(Turn on captions for English subtitles)

Re-edited Italian-language dubbed version of Godzilla featuring 80 minutes of footage from the original Godzilla (1954) and the US version Godzilla, King of the Monsters! (1956), plus 25 minutes of WWII newsreel footage and clips from other 1950's monster movies. The re-edited film was then colourised via a process called Spectorama 70 which consisted of applying various multi-coloured gels to the black and white footage.

6_large.jpg

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Astro Monster. I so have to fucking see that. It better be dubbed or at least subtitled, I need to follow the plot.

Astro Monster. I so have to fucking see that. It better be dubbed or at least subtitled, I need to follow the plot.

Astro Monster is as fun as Hell. Japanese language with English subs is the way to go. If you were into collecting movies the set that film is in is cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Coll...F8&qid=undefined&sr=1-1&keywords=Godzilla+set
81MpR-S0eXL._SL1500_.jpg

Product Description
Gojira / Godzilla, King of the Monsters

The first of the Godzilla movies, and the most somber and serious in tone, Gojiro was originally a 98-minute Japanese horror film, until a U.S. company bought the rights and reissued the film at 79 minutes, replacing sequences involving a Japanese reporter with new inserts of a dour, pipe-smoking Raymond Burr. Both versions appear together for the first time in this release from Sony Wonder.

Godzilla Raids Again

Godzilla is back, and this time he’s not alone! Godzilla and the spiny monster Anguirus are in a heated battle on a small Japanese island. As the threat of destruction mounts, two Japanese heroes muster their courage for the final showdown with Godzilla.

Mothra vs. Godzilla

After a fierce typhoon, Mothra’s gigantic egg washes ashore Japan. Meanwhile Godzilla reawakens and tramples across the land, heading straight for the big egg. Can Mothra save her offspring from Godzilla? Will Japan survive this epic monster battle?

Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster

Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster -- A prophetess from Venus foretells cataclysmic disasters! Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan reappear in Japan, wreaking havoc! A giant meteor crashes into the mountains and the three-headed, fire-spitting space dragon King Ghidorah emerges! As the Venusian's prophecies come true, assassins from a tiny Asian kingdom hunt her down, while the Earth monsters must decide whether to settle their petty differences and join forces against the extraterrestrial enemy!

Invasion of Astro-Monster

Invasion of Astro-Monster/Godzilla vs. Monster Zero -- Aliens from Planet X borrow our monsters for a little extermination project, but they've got something else up their sleeves: world domination! Using mind-control technology, these vinyl-and-sunglasses wearing spacemen turn Godzilla, Rodan and King Ghidorah loose in Japan, demanding Earth's surrender! It's up to American astronaut F. Glenn, his galaxy-trotting buddy Fuji, and nerdy inventor Tetsuo to break the aliens' hold on the monsters and save our planet from certain doom.

Terror of Mechagodzilla

Evil spacemen from the Black Hole are plotting to flatten Tokyo and build their own utopian city. Aided by deranged scientist Dr. Mafune, the aliens unleash a rebuilt Mechagodzilla and the monster Titanosaurus to do their evil bidding, until Godzilla surfaces to defend his homeland and the earth-shattering destruction begins.

Recently I watched 2 of the newer Gamera films on Blu-ray; Guardian of the Universe and Attack of the Legion. I had heard great things about these films and was excited to see them. These new Gamera films are definitely worth getting and viewing. Gamera himself looks great and he has some wicked monsters to fight while defending Japan. Very impressive special effects in both Kaiju films. Only $7.88 for the two Gamera films on Blu-ray mentioned plus one I haven't seen yet. http://www.amazon.com/Trilogy-Guard...ie=UTF8&qid=1409169534&sr=1-1&keywords=Gamera

Gamera_Theatrical_Poster.jpg

affiche-gamera-2-l-attaque-de-legion-assault-of-the-legion-1996-1.jpg

If any of you don't already have the Godzilla Blu-Ray titles that were recently released, several are on sale at Best Buy. Just type in "Godzilla Blu-Ray" and arrange the results by price.

Just finished the original Gamera (1965). First, I'd like to get this out of the way. There is a fucking piece of shit kid in the film and his only purpose is to be defiant to the adults and see how many lives he can endanger. Other than that I'd call it a small classic in the Japanese Kaiju category introducing the great Gamera. The big turtle looked good destroying in Black & White also.

redarrow.gif
LITTLE BASTARD!!!
redarrow.gif

Toshio+COMBINED.jpg

the-giant-monster-gamera-movie-poster-1965-1020413586.jpg

bobjustbob

Notice how the slabs of concrete from a crumbling building just bounce off of people. Plus there is no shortage of people in any of those films compelled to take pictures of the fucking things.

Last night I watched Gamera 3: Revenge Of Iris. Another good Gamera film. This one deals with the "Bull In The China Shop" side of Gamera. A girl in the film was made an orphan by Gamera in 1995. She hates Gamera and wants revenge. She finds a baby Gyaos and tries to raise it in hope when it matures it will reap the revenge for her and destroy Gamera. I don't blame her a bit. A butchery and a botchery gives the same result.

500px-Gamera3iris.jpg

Also watched Gamera vs Barugon(1966). I enjoyed this film even though it was light on Gamera himself. The adventure part of the story searching for the opal was fun. Barugon was an interesting Kaiju that has a tongue that brings a freeze and also can cast a destructive rainbow.

Gamera-vs.-Barugon-Poster.jpg

bobjustbob

My fav:

Godzilla vs King Kong.

King Kong brought back to save humanity.

Godzilla_king_kong_small_m.jpg

For me the King Kong was the worst. I just didn't buy into it. Zilla has various sizes in his movies but Kong more than tripled in size for that movie. It was a bad move for both franchises. Same goes for Baby Zilla. Zilla stands on his own. Destroy All Monsters was bad too. I don't mind having other monsters to fight but an all-star cast is just too much.

Just saw Gamera vs Gyaos(1967). Really like this one as I am a fan of the evil Gyaos. I think Japan has problems with monsters because they take too much advice from 8 year old kids. This kid tells them to burn the side of the mountain down to summon Gamera. The gov't needs to know kids love Gamera and just want to see him so they can yell, "GAMERAAAAAAAAAA!!!" Anyway, it was a good battle between Gamera vs Gyaos. Kinda bloody for kid stuff.

Gamera_vs_gyaos.jpg

GVG11.jpg

bobjustbob

Gamera the Brave also has the monster gore thing going on. Zedus has this crazy long tongue that pierces. That 8yo kid shit is in this one too but the final battle is epic.

Great news. Toho is restoring the entire Godzilla film series - minus Godzilla: Final Wars which was shot with a digital video camera - for future use. All at 4K.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
My favorite is Godzillla, King of the Monsters! (1956) with Raymond Burr. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla,_King_of_the_Monsters!

Last night I watched Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster. This was one of the older Godzilla films being from 1964. There was this Venusian Princess lady who warns Earth about King Ghidorah and mentions the destruction he did to Venus. In some other area Godzilla and Rodan have also come back and are now fighting and playing a game of deathmatch volleyball with a boulder. So the busybody twins show up and call on Mothra so Mothra can convince Godzilla and Rodan to team up to take on King Ghidorah to save Earth. All join forces and Godzilla, Rodan, and Mothra do battle with King Ghidorah.

Another good Godzilla film. King Ghidorah could be his fiercest foe. I like the 3 headed dragon myself.

ghidorahzap.jpg

ghidorah_the_three-headed_monster_1965.jpg

:thumbsup:

Believe it or not, I've never seen this one. Whenever we sat down with the Jiffy Pop Popcorn :popcorn: It was always seemed to be the Mothra one. Yikes!! :noway:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothra_vs._Godzilla

As a result, I've always disliked the Mothra one. :(

Finished Rodan. Another Classic Kaiju. There were some miners that got trapped and killed by these giant insects. It is also found that there is a large egg in there. It's Rodan. There are actually 2 Rodans in the film.

538px-RODAN_POSTER_JAPANESE.jpg

Recently I watched Gojira(1954), Godzilla Raids Again(1955), Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla(1974), and Frankenstein vs Baragon(1965). I notice a pattern of hot actresses in these Toho Kaiju Films just like Hammer Horror Films of similar time period.

godzilla_poster_1954_01.jpg

153919.72376689.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Mechagodzilla_1974.jpg

1965FrankensteinConquerstheworld.jpg