• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Favorite Godzilla / Japanese Kaiju Films

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I have a decent collection of these films. Many are being upgraded to Blu-ray and can be had for pretty cheap. I really like the original Japanese version of Godzilla and assume that's most people favorite. What else do you like of those type of films? I'm waiting to get Destroy All Monsters. Like a monster battle royale. I think I'm going to watch Godzilla 2000 tonight. I wish they could work things out so Godzilla 1985 could get put on Blu-ray.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...dzilla&ie=UTF8&qid=1407260299&rnid=2650303011

61PsSCkuLYL._AA160_.jpg
61QjA6XauAL._AA160_.jpg
61eMvnwi7lL._AA160_.jpg
619dq5BMV2L._AA160_.jpg
617uhRuO4pL._AA160_.jpg

619dq5BMV2L._AA160_.jpg
61OS3mI1CwL._AA160_.jpg
611D7nKdoJL._AA160_.jpg
51XJ2eVrTaL._SY300_.jpg
51xqpFcUtZL._SY300_.jpg

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster. Here we get Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan too. We get introduced to King Ghidorah, my second favorite movie being Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah . Time travel and aliens and shit like that. Then comes the Mechagodzillas. I love those. Too bad they never made a Zilla vs Gamera.

Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster. Here we get Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan too. We get introduced to King Ghidorah, my second favorite movie being Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah . Time travel and aliens and shit like that. Then comes the Mechagodzillas. I love those. Too bad they never made a Zilla vs Gamera.

Thanks for your participation, sir.

Wuthering Heights

Thanks also for your participation, sir, but you can do way better than that. You like Godzilla movies growing up? The original Japanese version of Godzilla is actually a bit frightening. The one where Ironside went undercover as Steve Martin in his battle with Godzilla just not the same thing. Maybe better if it were Perry Mason. Raymond Burr shoulda been in Hanzo The Razor as he'd enjoy his wheelchair being lowered on Hanzo's massive dick.

ironsides-1.jpg
1.jpg

Just finished watching Godzilla 2000. Really enjoyed it as it was a good film that had that familiar Japanese Godzilla feel to it. It was another Godzilla vs film, basically Monster Pro Wrestling with Godzilla playing babyface. Godzilla battles an intergalactic giant predator that clones itself to conform to other life forms. Pretty neat.

dd775d5d720084f8eef6d78743fc4efa.jpg

bobjustbob

I have to catch up on my Zillas. There's a few from the 90's I'd never heard of and will make it my quest to see them.

I have to catch up on my Zillas. There's a few from the 90's I'd never heard of and will make it my quest to see them.

The new film is coming out on Blu-ray soon, also Destroy All Monsters, and most of the other Godzilla films have been upgraded and are really cheap to pick up. I loaded up on Amazon.com.

Last night I watched Godzilla 1985. Had to download an .avi file since it's not available here. Good quality file so I got lucky. Anyway, the film was pretty good although a bit preachy on the environment. Godzilla used more as a harbinger of doom showing up when humans are bad to the planet. That goofy lizard almost caused WWIII destroying that Russian submarine. Fairly standard Godzilla fare otherwise. Raymond Burr is back by overwhelming popular demand. Just kidding on that. If you can find it on the internet give it a watch. I wish there were Blu-ray to buy so I can remove this eye patch.

I never understand why Japanese people cheer and wave goodbye to Godzilla as he leaves to destroy what was left of Tokyo. Talking about what a neat guy he is as he bear swats an apartment complex full of sleeping innocents. As an American I would resent that.

godzilla84.jpg

godzilla-1985-poster-e1400125040250.jpg

bobjustbob

I never understand why Japanese people cheer and wave goodbye to Godzilla as he leaves to destroy what was left of Tokyo. Talking about what a neat guy he is as he bear swats an apartment complex full of sleeping innocents. As an American I would resent that.

My step-mom got me into Zilla in my teens. By that time there were a dozen Zillas done. As time passed the Zilla franchise didn't put out much but as the 90's rolled around they started cranking out more Zillas. Many people are into surer-heroes with their special powers but I never got into that. Zilla is 250' tall and nothing...NOTHING can kill him. Hit him with what you've got and the only thing that will happen is he will get pissed off or chase back into the sea. I accepted the initial underlying scenario that Zilla would never die. Man and space aliens can not kill him. He always comes back to destroy. My hero. See you next year.

My step-mom got me into Zilla in my teens. By that time there were a dozen Zillas done. As time passed the Zilla franchise didn't put out much but as the 90's rolled around they started cranking out more Zillas. Many people are into surer-heroes with their special powers but I never got into that. Zilla is 250' tall and nothing...NOTHING can kill him. Hit him with what you've got and the only thing that will happen is he will get pissed off or chase back into the sea. I accepted the initial underlying scenario that Zilla would never die. Man and space aliens can not kill him. He always comes back to destroy. My hero. See you next year.

Another moment of embarrassment for my mother in regards to me. My mom's friend came over when I was like 4 or 5. My mom wanted to show what a good boy she had. In front of her friend she asked me, "What do you want to be when you grow up?", thinking I'd say President or Superhero. I answered, "I WANT TO BE A MONSTER!!!" My mom joked with me and laughed about it over time always bringing it up to lighten the room. She dead now.

Bob, I just picked up Phantom Of The Paradise on Blu-ray. Ever see it?
http://board.freeones.com/showthread.php?795459-Phantom-of-the-Paradise-Finally-On-Blu-Ray

Last question, Bob. How often do you masturbate at the track? More than I do at the grocery store?

I think it's because Godzilla was misunderstood. I mean, he had a son right? So there was a mom? They must've had their tender moments. Did she up and leave them one morning leaving Godzilla to raise the little one alone? You see a monster and wanton destruction. I see genuine pain.

These are the last of the 4 of the Japanese productions. Good also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla_(franchise)
Millennium series (1999–2004)

The Millennium Series is the official name for the series of Godzilla movies made after the Heisei series ended with Godzilla vs. Destoroyah. The common theme to this era is that all movies use the original Godzilla (1954) as the jumping-off point. Since the films are different, the sizes are different in some cases. In Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack he was 60 meters (about 196 feet), and in Godzilla: Final Wars Godzilla was 100 meters tall (about 328 feet). Godzilla was originally supposed to be 50 meters (about 164 feet) in Final Wars, but budgetary cutbacks in miniature sets forced this size change. There were five different timelines in the millennium series, spread over six films.

After the release of 2004's Godzilla: Final Wars, marking the 50th anniversary of the Godzilla film franchise, Toho declared that it would not produce another Godzilla film for another 10 years. Toho also demolished the water stage on its lot used in numerous Godzilla, kaiju and tokusatsu films.[1] Yoshimitsu Banno, who had directed 1971's Godzilla vs. Hedorah, secured the rights from Toho to make an IMAX 3D short film production, based on a story similar to his Hedorah film. Banno was unable to see his production through to completion, but as of January 2014, still hoped to make it.