• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Faulty Chinese drywall causes corrosion, federal study says

This is what happens when you import from a country that doesn't go to the trouble of properly monitoring and testing their own products (for export or domestic consumption).

Weak argument strategy just like those horribly greeeedy medical insurance companies that ya guyz often rant about ?
Coming from an anti private sector die hard proponent of mandatory - imposed welfare sustenance for all Americans (just to make it fair) I didn't expect you to agree.

If we're going to play the deflection game...What's the correlation between profit margin and profits, btw? Cuz I know "Big Oil" supposedly has low profit margins too, but they sure have raked it in over the years...:dunno:

Health insurance is just one part of the problem. We also have to address why some pills cost Americans $100/pill and they cost other countries $1/pill...:dunno:

Nowhere did Rey give any indication that he wanted to delve into politics, did he ?
At least offer something immediately constructive to the tread before mouthing off about Palin and the evil free market.

Oh, sorry, Facetious - I guess I wasn't being "politically correct," huh?
;)

My comment, while of the smart-ass variety, was to make a serious point.
This is just one example of many where the real-life consequences of right-wing, free-market fundamentalist ideology surface in people's day-to-day lives.

My apologies to Rey C if he was bothered by my sarcastic post. I was just having some fun, kidding around (even if my point was more serious).

I realize that AFA's comments are probably more useful to Rey... but then this ISN'T an exchange of private messages that I'm interfering in, either.

This is definitely something that needs to be looked into more seriously and corrected ASAP. One report I read said that as many as 100K homes across the U.S. could be affected - I just hope that mine isn't one of them.

...and right there, that's why this could be politically significant.

I'm as opposed to offshoring / outsourcing as any conscientious working American, but is greed singularly the only reason for why corporations offshore ? Look at the ever growing regulatory, questionable environmental and tax constraints (amongst the highest corp taxes in the world) that our entirely wasteful government imposes upon American manufacturers, of course businesses are looking for options, they have much to recover.

Today, the politicians are as wealthy as ever it would seem, all at a time when The People are the most strained since the great depression. Where's the accountability on part of the gumment ? We want to hold corporations responsible, but why not government ?

I think there's plenty of room for "change" - better checks & balances and tort reforms just to name a few, but the direction the president & czars are taking this country will only chase off the few remaining domestic manufacturing resources we have (this in itself has caused some national security concerns btw). Who want's to pay exorbitant amounts of taxes to a government republican or democratic, that squanders it ? The government has nothing to show for the revenues they receive with the exception of fancy suits & nice smiles, more power, more influence etc ad nauseam. :hammer:

1. You're "as opposed to offshoring / outsourcing as".... Lou Dobbs tells you to be. Why do you use the phrase "conscientious working American"? You know, if you stop and think about it, offshoring/outsourcing might be a very immediate concern for conscientious UNEMPLOYED people, as well, if not more so. But don't get your knickers in a twist, I realize that there's plenty of opposition to outsourcing across the political spectrum (but strangely, our elected leaders seem to be fans of it for the most part!)...

2. "Today, the politicians are as wealthy as ever it would seem..." Well, compared to the average working stiff, that's very true, but compared to the average corporate executive, that's a joke. One hears the "joke" all the time about someone who goes from big business to politics and complains about the "pay cut" or who's happy to be leaving politics for the opposite reason. Incidentally, two of the poorest guys in politics recently have been Joe Biden and Dennis Kucinich. They can't be compared to anyone on Wall Street in the wealth department. It's not even close...

3. "I think there's plenty of room for "change" - better checks & balances and tort reforms just to name a few..."

:1orglaugh - Nice job at throwing in a favorite conservative "cause" as though that ought to be part of the change that you sarcastically refer to (via the quotation marks), as though that's what Obama ran on, or was democratically elected to do [pssst.... The majority that elected Obama - and various Dems across the country - didn't have "tort reform" on their minds. Maybe some of the Palinite fringe Repubs did, but not most of the '08 winners, or those who elected them]

OK, ok - SORRY - back to drywall, plaster, concrete, etc.!!

:wave2: