• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Eat Fish -- Especially If You Drink High Levels Of Alcohol

Essential fatty acids (EFAs) are just that; an "essential" part of the total fat intake necessary for a healthy human diet. Most EFAs come from plants, but some are animal-sourced. A new study has found that men who binge drink have substandard intake of n-3 fats, one of two types of EFAs, indicating poor dietary choices with negative long-term health consequences.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/07/070724161701.htm

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
yeah, oily fish is the best - mackerel, sardines etc. those EFAs are very good for your skin also :)

macks and sardines arent your best bet. they tend to carry high levels of mercury. id recommend the obvious choice, wild caught salmon. id steer clear of farmed. its raised questionably. (not to say that farming isnt a good idea essentially) good article, AFA.

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3013797

heres a basic chart. look at the salmons' numbers.

Last edited:
depends how clean or unclean the waters are. still, mackerel and sardines are very tasty. i was going to mention wild salmon; it's just difficult to get hold of and the farmed stuff is just tasteless :)

I think fish is one of the best sources of protein in the world. The Omega 3 fatty acids in it are a good bonus. It's just too bad that some of them are so polluted you're not supposed to eat more than one a week.

If it wasn't for fish and chicken I don't know what I would do. :1orglaugh

I think fish is one of the best sources of protein in the world. The Omega 3 fatty acids in it are a good bonus. It's just too bad that some of them are so polluted you're not supposed to eat more than one a week.

eggs - hard/boiled/fried.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.

seafood has protein without the fat and cholesterol. its the prefect food. unfortunately it gets a bad rap since the grocery store seafood counters stink. well heres my 2 cents: fresh fish has NO odor. seriously. it should NEVER smell or tasty "fishy." that is a sign of it being old. if you buy fish, ask to smell it. put it up to your nose and breathe in. it should smell like nothing at all. no shit. (i used to be a commercial fisherman!)

eggs - hard/boiled/fried.

yeah you can get omega-3 from eggs but you also get tons of the bad stuff: cholesterol. its murder on your heart. thats the benefit of seafood! no damage to your circulatory system and you get omega-3s and very very lean protein!

since salmon season is short and regulations make it quite difficult to actually land the fish, i usually end up buying mine frozen and vacuum sealed. vacuum sealing does wonders for the preservation of fresh food. we all know freezers really screw up the taste and texture of food, especially fish. but if the fish is fresh and vacuum sealed and then frozen, if thawed properly, it comes out very close to fresh condition (providing that the stores/distributors dont let it thaw then freeze it again.)

salmon is best I agree

cholesterol in eggs are not bad though, it doesn't raise your bad cholesterol like they used to believe

Canned salmon could be a good choice too. It doesn't taste the greatest, but it is always wild.

With eggs you can eat more than you think if you remove the egg yoke. It will reduce the cholesterol in them. It's just that eating that many eggs and discarding a part of each one goes against some instinct I have that doesn't like it when things are wasted. It just doesn't feel right. I make sure I never eat more than one egg a day. I do know people that will eat four or five and do it without eating the yokes though. I don't think the omega 3s in eggs are as good as the ones in oils of fish.

yeah, the omega three in fish IS better than in eggs. but when you fancy an eggs benedict, at least you know it's doing you at least some good :)