• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

dungeons and dragons (D&D) anyone?

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
I'm Portuguese....

Yeah I read some rules online and I get it that are dice rolls and roleplay but I still don't understand some of the things.

I'll check out the 4th edition redbox. Might be a fun experience as now I am even more curious. I'll force someone to play with me
:1orglaugh

Order D&D (4e) for dummies. Someone gave the one for 3e to me as a gag gift, but really, it had stuff in it that was useful to even me.

Anyways, they break down the terms and rules to make it more understandable to the common man. ;-)

well i am late to the talk, but played dnd going on 18 or so years, been playing magic the gathering(card game) just as long, but about seven years ago found heroscape. it's a board game. that is so much more. still play all three but if i had to pick just one it would be heroscape hands down

Petra

well i am late to the talk, but played dnd going on 18 or so years, been playing magic the gathering(card game) just as long, but about seven years ago found heroscape. it's a board game. that is so much more. still play all three but if i had to pick just one it would be heroscape hands down

Check out Descent by Fantasy Flight games. I think you might like that one just as much. 4 against the warlord and it's a very strategic game, down to deciding if you're going to give someone something since that counts as a move. Just don't start painting the minis...it's a tall order, especially if your significant other keeps buying expansions!

Alternatively, FF has several fun cooperative board games. Another that I own is Arkham Horror where you try to run around and close portals before the elder gods awaken. Then there's the Mansion of Madness, another cthulhu game (haven't had a go at that one yet).

Is anybody going to any conventions this year or the next?

I finally got my Q-workshop dice set, and I hope all of them aren't made the same or at least in the same mold. They look nice but the d20 I got has to be easily the most off uniform shaped dice I have ever bought. Just looking at it one can tell the shapes of each face of the dice are way off from each other and some edges of each side are longer than the others. In the photos they don't look that way so I can only assume I got a bad die.

I did get some of their 3D dice and Dwarven dice I haven't got yet.

Petra

I'm going to ConceptionUK again in January. I'm getting ready to organize and rally the troops next month so I can get their money to pay for the cottage. ;-)

I wish I could go to some, but for me it's always been either lack of money, not being able to get off work, not having reliable transportation I can trust not to leave me in the middle of nowhere, or a combination of some of the above.

I played some back in the old days. I have even looked at the new versions that are out now. If I had a regular gaming group locally I might like to get back into table top gaming..

Petra

Is anybody going to any conventions this year or the next?

I finally got my Q-workshop dice set, and I hope all of them aren't made the same or at least in the same mold. They look nice but the d20 I got has to be easily the most off uniform shaped dice I have ever bought. Just looking at it one can tell the shapes of each face of the dice are way off from each other and some edges of each side are longer than the others. In the photos they don't look that way so I can only assume I got a bad die.

I did get some of their 3D dice and Dwarven dice I haven't got yet.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/970265378/hydra-dice-necron?ref=email

There you go for some cool, unique dice. I was going to do the $25 for 10d10s but my husband started whining so now I'm doing a backing of $50 so he can have a set too. o_O

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/970265378/hydra-dice-necron?ref=email

There you go for some cool, unique dice. I was going to do the $25 for 10d10s but my husband started whining so now I'm doing a backing of $50 so he can have a set too. o_O

I have come to an issue with my dice lately. I have enough to fill about four dice bags, but I usually keep the best sets in my personal use bag for myself. The next best sets went into another bag and so forth. Now that I'm getting more and some bags are getting completely full I'm finding myself having to "demote" certain dice sets to the next bag down. It's not always a easy decision. I'll make sure to call them up ever so often so they don't get neglected though.

I'm also about to have 4 RPG books off about 600 pages or above. I can no longer put them on my bookshelf because the bottom shelf is filled up already and the shelves above that get bowed if too much weight is put on them. (It's a cheap bookshelf.) I'm finding myself stacking a pile of books near my desk into I can figure out where to put them.

Petra

LOL, one of these days if I ever clean up my gaming shelves I'll have to take a picture.

Petra

public service annoucement: when a rat comes bearing a note around its neck, simply bend down and take the fucking note. To do any different will set a chain of events that will leave your character without a leg to stand on.

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
The leg got reattached... twice... and then the other leg was too long... and apparantly had to be shortened...

R.I.P you glorious shitlord that tried to sell your own sister to pay off an assassination of a fellow party member.

To do any different will set a chain of events that will leave your character without a leg to stand on.

It's nice when a good double meaning can be worked in like that, isn't it?

It does make me wonder though about players becoming so paranoid that they will actively not do something obvious that they should because they expect it to be some type of trick, even when it's not. Of course I'm sure a game master would never take advantage of said players paranoid natures to mess with them or anything like that. ;)

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
Well, I´ll be more cautious in the future, but my new character is a hell of a lot more powerful than the now dead ghoul. He was merely created as an experiment to see if I liked playing the game and to familiarize myself with the mechanics.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
im getting plenty of ideas.

running my first real hosted game wends. i think.

then i have a real meetup im hosting in a couple weeks. im excited.

Petra

It's nice when a good double meaning can be worked in like that, isn't it?

It does make me wonder though about players becoming so paranoid that they will actively not do something obvious that they should because they expect it to be some type of trick, even when it's not. Of course I'm sure a game master would never take advantage of said players paranoid natures to mess with them or anything like that. ;)

To be completely honest, it was very in character for Leo to kick before looking. What followed was a rewrite of the Comedy of Errors.

And I would NEVER take advantage of my players' paranoia. Never. Even when it comes to writing in red on a battle map. Really, it was the ONLY pen for my map I could find at the moment. Honest!

im getting plenty of ideas.

running my first real hosted game wends. i think.

then i have a real meetup im hosting in a couple weeks. im excited.

Cool! Hope it goes well. ;-)

I don't think I own any red markers for RPGing. I heard it is hard to get out of some mats, but maybe that's just the vinyl ones.

Petra

I don't think I own any red markers for RPGing. I heard it is hard to get out of some mats, but maybe that's just the vinyl ones.

VERY hard to get out of the vinyl mats. I try to only use the red on the one some idiot used windex on. o_O

But, the flip mats, you can use permanent marker if the mood so strikes you. Go red all you want. ;-)