• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

dungeons and dragons (D&D) anyone?

I like those dice in that kickstarter, but I think I will wait until the eldritch one is done. I didn't know he had different colors that can be chosen from. Now I will have to think about what color I will want.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
my wednesday game feel through. apparently no one realized it was the holiday. pfft.

but my meet up is scheduled still on the 14th. thats not changing.

I just read about something from RPG books (and pretty much most modern books apparently) discussing page count. Go look in them and count the number of pages they have. In hardcovers the stiff thicker pages right before the front and back cover might be excluded in this, and in softcovers it should be every page between the covers. You might need to adjust some for pages near the beginning and the end not numbered. Most books should have page counts divisible by 16....

...I never knew that about books until now.

squallumz

I just read about something from RPG books (and pretty much most modern books apparently) discussing page count. Go look in them and count the number of pages they have. In hardcovers the stiff thicker pages right before the front and back cover might be excluded in this, and in softcovers it should be every page between the covers. You might need to adjust some for pages near the beginning and the end not numbered. Most books should have page counts divisible by 16....

...I never knew that about books until now.

nu uh!

..really?

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
Did you also know that the last and the first page are the same page?

This is the reason why most books have a page count that is divisble by 16.

Mind blown.

squallumz

the end all d&d joke: :1orglaugh

There were three men who were lost in a jungle, a human, an elf and a halfling. They were captured by the local tribe of catfolk cannibals. The cannibal queen told the prisoners that they could live if they passed the trial. The first step of the trial was to go into the forest and get ten pieces of the same kind of fruit. So the halfling, the human and the elf all went separate ways to gather fruits.

The elf came back and said to the queen, "I brought ten apples."

The queen then explains the trial to him - you have to shove the fruits up your ass without any expression on your face or you'll be eaten.

The first apple went in... but on the second one, the elf winced in pain, so he was killed and went to the great beyond.

The human arrives with ten berries. When the queen explained the trial to him, he thought to himself that this should be easy.

1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8... but on the ninth berry, the human burst out in laughter, therefore also was killed.

The elf and the human met in the great beyond. The elf asked, "Why did you laugh, you almost got away with it?"

The human replied, "I couldn't help it. I saw the halfling coming with pineapples."

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Lol

squallumz

But if they were catfolk cannibals why would they care about humans, elves and halflings?

Jeez man... way to ruin a story.

sex?

also. i just ran a game right now and gave one of my players buck teeth as a side effect of a poison dart trap.

it caused many laughs.

Hmmm...and here I was hoping for a three people walk into a tavern joke, but D&D style. Don't worry though he's a halfling. They always seem to find there way out of trouble somehow. ;)

I got my two new sets of Q-workshop dice today, and they are much MUCH nicer than the last set I bought. The last ones must have just been an aberration that got through quality control somehow. I got the forest and celtic 3-D sets this time. I would even go so far as to rate the white/black celtic dice as "excellent", and thats even despite me being a big proponent of readability on dice. In fact, I test rolled both d20s just for the heck of it and both of them came up 20 on the first try so that's a good start. :D Now I just need to get a set of Dwarven dice from them.

Playtesting the 5e playtest. The DM just threw a fit because we are making fun of the game.

Petra

Playtesting the 5e playtest. The DM just threw a fit because we are making fun of the game.

The game or the system?

Some DMs take themselves waaay too seriously.

Petra

ahaaa, awful. and yeah...come on!

its not the DMs game, its the groups game! its one to what? 3? 4? 5? more?

Yea, well, there's all too many DMs out there who consider it 'their' game and get highly offended if the players do anything to blemish it. Personally, I'm going to deliver whatever makes them come back for more. Even if it means they will make fun of it!

Next Saturday I'm running another Paranoia game at the Meetup. They don't know it but I'm kind of play testing a new idea which is to run it in the Savage Worlds system, it's going to be a serious game and very lethal. The characters will level at the end of the game, and they will get to leave notes for whomever plays the characters next month in case the players don't come or don't get into my game. However, if they don't like it and don't have fun with it, I'll go back to how I have been running it with huge success. Even though I've put about 2 months into this particular idea.

I just purchased 4 new reaper miniatures. I'll post some pictures when they are done in the future, something to look forward to, while I am still alive I have not had much internet access, so have to call off any online rpg ! Soz !

I think RPGs should generally be a shared experience and it should be everybody's game that plays. DMs also shouldn't be whiny crybabies (and neither should the players) and they shouldn't run the game by their ego or try to have an antagonistic relationship with the DM.

That isn't to say I think everything should be exactly even between the players and the DMs out there. After all often it's the DMs that spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars and spend countless hours creating something that all the rest of the people have fun playing with much less work than the DM, at at some level that's got to count for something.

Isn't D&D a game of mutual storytelling and not an us vs. them game. I hate DMs who think that it is all about them. And Players who have to argue about everything the DM says and does.

squallumz

tomorrow im running my first real game with... strangers!

a 4e module that came with the monster vault i purchased. its a really great little adventure.

if we click, then im looking towards ravenloft. 4e, of course.