• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

dungeons and dragons (D&D) anyone?

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Isn't D&D a game of mutual storytelling and not an us vs. them game. I hate DMs who think that it is all about them. And Players who have to argue about everything the DM says and does.

But it is all about me isn't it? As in, how creatively I can kill the next player and aiming for the perfect tpk!! ;-)

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
But it is all about me isn't it? As in, how creatively I can kill the next player and aiming for the perfect tpk!! ;-)

So far I´ve killed off more characters than you in the short time I´ve been playing with you as a DM...

Petra

That was pirate flux and you killed VINCE's ghoul(s) in your short time as being one of my players.

His comment about losing Leo, "fuck, I've got to think of another ghoul"

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
That was pirate flux and you killed VINCE's ghoul(s) in your short time as being one of my players.

His comment about losing Leo, "fuck, I've got to think of another ghoul"

Flux, munchkin, same shit...

And Vince had it way too easy with me as his personal ghoul doing all his hard work.... (ok... maybe not, but still)

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
so.

i survived my first DMing for perfect strangers. at first... i wasnt doing so good. nervous as shit.

but as it went on, everyone opened up a lot more. picking on my halfling sister in front of everyone made everything that much easier. everyone ended up laughing and having a good time.

lets see if they come back to finish the session. i do hope so. everyone got along great.

they were a fun group. and man, that warlord class is pretty awesome. he was like a cleric with muscle.

Petra

so.

i survived my first DMing for perfect strangers. at first... i wasnt doing so good. nervous as shit.

but as it went on, everyone opened up a lot more. picking on my halfling sister in front of everyone made everything that much easier. everyone ended up laughing and having a good time.

lets see if they come back to finish the session. i do hope so. everyone got along great.

they were a fun group. and man, that warlord class is pretty awesome. he was like a cleric with muscle.

In many ways, DMing for strangers is much easier than people you know. Once you get a group, they have expectations. Of course, the only expectations my current group has is there will be eventual death. And good food. And alcohol. Hmm...wonder if I can do a "look squirrel" routine with Alex and cidar to distract him from the fact Lucious is dying. Hmmmmmmmmm....

Oh, and becoming known at meetups or cons for having a good game. NO PRESSURE AT ALL. Riiight.

I get the impression that is very fortunate for you that you have a character that can so easily attach severed limbs. Maybe being able to have that is a sign of a benevolent game master...or a cruel one that likes to see how much misery you can endure and still keep going. I'm not sure. :1orglaugh

Anyhow, I probably spent more than I wanted to this month for RPG stuff, but it just seemed like so much good things are coming out in the next few months.

squallumz

my meetup for saturday has gone out of control. 10 people so far. 10! thats a meetup record for the group im sure.

thank god i made it a potluck..

squallumz

i had my meetup this saturday.

wow.

11 people were in my house. it went rather well. people plays a few board games, i played munchkin finally.

also, an older guy had the original chainmail and first d&d booklets. it was pretty cool to see em. he said he bought them as a kid and still had em.

Petra

You didn't do what Petra does and start handing out candy at your game sessions did you? Word might have gotten out. :1orglaugh

Hey, I FINALLY got someone with that at the Saturday meetup.

I hand out the candy, ie bennies. One guy starts eating his. 2 other guys shove them back in my direction saying they're on diets.

One of my friends, who has sat many a Paranoia game, explains the purpose of the little mini snicker and twix bars.

The guys on a diet snatch theirs back.

The guy eating his looks very sad faced.

I giggle in delight cause I got one! Finally!!

And THAT is how paranoia is meant to be played....NEVER trust the GM.

I can understand the appeal of finally getting somebody. It makes all that time and effort seem to pay off, and can give one that warm fuzzy feeling.

You probably should have given the candy the people on a diet handed back to somebody else though, kept it, or had them fight it out somehow. You could have got more than one person then.

I should add that into life lessons to live by: Never trust or eat candy from a strange DM. :1orglaugh

squallumz

has anyone ever played the very 1st d&d by chance?

someone is thinking of running a game at the next meetup.