• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

dungeons and dragons (D&D) anyone?

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
play by post intrigues me. i dont know how you would do it though.

i really like that fantasy grounds stuff although ive never had the chance to use it with anyone.

but yeah, now im hooked with that group. i never thought id be able to get along with strangers just like that. especially since im so not the social type.

usually, i just play (as a DM and player) with my girl and my sisters which is just fine with me.

Now that I've got my computer reformatted and installed with windows 7, I have to reinstall FG and make sure it works. THEN I'll get hubby to set up the port. THEN you can connect and THEN we can play.

I really need to buy a few more hours in my day.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
Now that I've got my computer reformatted and installed with windows 7, I have to reinstall FG and make sure it works. THEN I'll get hubby to set up the port. THEN you can connect and THEN we can play.

I really need to buy a few more hours in my day.

tell me about it. theres actually really not enough time in a day.

especially if you're a gamer!

i wonder if my FG works too.. hmm.

squallumz

im suffering through my first real case of gaming withdrawal.

if i dont get a game in soon, im gonna flip! ;)

Petra

Currently working on my next vamp session on Sunday. The guys will be jumping 44 years to the year Carthage falls.

This is a pretty significant event in the Vampire timeline since Rome didnt just get the idea to flatten Carthage. It was because of a pissing match between a few clans of vampires. ;-) This is one reason I love Vampire, there's a lot of real history involved.

Petra

Look it up in the urban dictionary. ;-P

Currently working on my next vamp session on Sunday. The guys will be jumping 44 years to the year Carthage falls.

This is a pretty significant event in the Vampire timeline since Rome didnt just get the idea to flatten Carthage. It was because of a pissing match between a few clans of vampires. ;-) This is one reason I love Vampire, there's a lot of real history involved.

I don't know about much of the canon of Vampire, but would that mean Hannibal was a vampire in that setting?

Petra

I don't know about much of the canon of Vampire, but would that mean Hannibal was a vampire in that setting?

Actually he was. And the reason the elephants survived the crossing is because they were ghouled. ;-)

Carthage was founded by Clan Brujah as their ultimate utopia, it was a place where vampires and humans could live together in harmony. At this time the Brujah were philosophers, generals, and very important people (later they become thugs and muscle without brain)...thus they did embrace Hannibal. He didn't really die in 183.

The main problem was Brujah's childe was literally in bed with one of the founders of the Baali who wern't actual kindred founded by Caine through Caine's curse from God...but a demon. There were 3 founders of the Baali, one was called Shaiten. ;)

Anyways, the Baali corrupted Carthage (look up the real history...there was human sacrifice including the sacrifice of children and babies). If you look up the history, Carthage and Rome were always in a spat. In Kindred lore, it was because Carthage let the baali in the city and this was too much even for other monsters.

So the final chapter of Carthage was Rome sending an army of kindred and mages to level the city and salt the earth. It's said that Troile (Brujah's childe) and the Baali went to ground embraced in each other's arms. Since the earth was salted, any vampire who had the ability to go to ground were trapped for eternity.

I'm sure modern days got interesting when people started digging and building in the area. ;)

But of course all of this pissed the Brujah off and they never really got over the destruction of Carthage. This is how the Brujah became the toughs vs the philosphers, especially since a critical power was lost, the manipulation of time. Now, depending on which supplement you read, Troile was supposed to have killed his sire Brujah....so this is the basis of the campaign I'm running.

Brujah has actually been fucking with the PCs and has tried to get them to kill Troile. That didn't work out too well. He sent them on various other missions they've failed as well. Now Carthage is falling. Since there's 2 PCs who know Julian (the name Brujah is going by), I'm sure they're not going to be happy when Carthage falls and they might possibly commit suicide so they don't have to deal with Brujah. hehe

Last edited:

squallumz

im celebrating having my first DM screen. just got it today.

its pretty cool. now i feel like a real DM.

Petra

Congrats, lol.

I usually just put stuff out of the players view. And I roll behind my hand.

I'm a lazy and cheap DM.

squallumz

roll behind your hand... brilliant! why didnt i think that?

normally, i roll in the open, i think it creates more drama waiting for my attack roll to stop moving. more so, i wanted the screen for the cheat sheets and to hid the monsters before i present them.

i just ordered about 80 tokens from online for pretty cheap too. i rewarded myself this month from putting in some extra hours at work. of course, i go and spend 20 bucks on d&d stuff. sigh.

i blame petra.

i think ill get a shirt that says that.

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
If you make those t-shirts make sure to send a few over to us aswell. :nanner:

Petra

If you make those t-shirts make sure to send a few over to us aswell. :nanner:

It would be a shame for Mr. Chinchilla Charlie to die so soon in the campaign, especially since you got such a lovely picture drawn of him.

normally, i roll in the open, i think it creates more drama waiting for my attack roll to stop moving. more so, i wanted the screen for the cheat sheets and to hid the monsters before i present them.

I think the biggest problem with rolling out in the open is that depending on what type of players a DM has there might be a tendency to reverse engineer the numbers to find out what type of modifiers the opponent has and what it's attack bonus is and so forth. In a sense it's just another form of metagaming. Not that it can't be done anyhow, but it's much easier and quicker when a player can see it, whereas if he doesn't know what his opponent rolled at best the players can just slowly narrow it down by what rolls it takes to effect the opponent and how often the opponent misses or effects the characters and so forth.

Also for things like hide and disguise checks and so forth with similar things, a lot of DMs like to roll them for their players in secret that way the player doesn't know how well he did when he shouldn't. For example if a player wants a perception check to know if something is nearby and he doesn't notice anything he doesn't know if there isn't anything there or if he just got a bad check. If a 3 was rolled and he could see it he might get a good idea that he just didn't detect anything because he rolled bad when there is something nearby.