• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Does anyone likes techno music?

bigbadbrody

Banned
I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno I like Techno LOL

Lets put it this way:

"Detroit Techno" is an early style of electronic music originating from Detroit suburbs in the mid-1980s. A distinguishing trait of Detroit techno is the use of analog synthesizers and early drum machines, notably the roland TR-909 for its production or, in later releases, the use of digital emulation to create the characteristic sounds of those machines.

http://www.tigersushi.com/site/frameset.jsp?page=tsc/genre/3.htm

Personally I like it at appropriate times. ;)

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
Lets put it this way:

"Detroit Techno" is an early style of electronic music originating from Detroit suburbs in the mid-1980s. A distinguishing trait of Detroit techno is the use of analog synthesizers and early drum machines, notably the roland TR-909 for its production or, in later releases, the use of digital emulation to create the characteristic sounds of those machines.

http://www.tigersushi.com/site/frameset.jsp?page=tsc/genre/3.htm

Personally I like it at appropriate times. ;)

Kevin Saunderson,Carl Craig and DJ Rolando are my favourites :D

I wish canada could split off from America and join europe. One can always wish.

I like techno, but only in the right situation. I wouldn't sit at home and listen, but if i was at a rave and in a dancing mood, hell yeah.

i hope you all realise Prodigy are techno, and if you think Prodigy are shit... Well, you may as well stop living. :2 cents:

dave_rhino speaks the truth. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that certain genres are simply regarded as unpopular and evoke instant reactions without people actually judging the music on its own merits -- goth, emo, and death metal suffer similarly.

I lkie only good techno music. That's all for me.

I love it... and ironically I didn't have to go to Europe to get into it... although I experienced some techno enlightenment while there. The shit we had here was sorely outdated. Haven't heard anything new lately but I should probably check out what's out there right now.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I don't really like it, it is way too generic. I like songs that are made manually, not by a computer program.

Absolutely. :thumbsup:

here's something for the people that only like metal, you'll either love it or hae it. should love it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO4YqclOphk

Love metal, can't stand that shit! Where's the guitar??? :dunno:

Music isn't music unless there is a human being who is playing at least some kind of instrument! :thefinger

What instrument isn't important so much as there has to be a human putting forth effort to get the notes out!

plucap

Banned
I like techno. If it weren’t for that where would a lot of the music in video games come from? :D
Well, in most video games nowadays it's symphony music. If you're thinking about older games, that's more like electronica.

I don't like techno. To me, it's just more repetitive, duller and less drum n' bass than in trance. I don't think Europeans like techno more either, however the rave culture was more widespread in Europe than in America.

Acid trance and ambience like Aphex Twin is nice and so is electronica. But techno is just... bad.

Like most kinds of music, electronic has a time and a place; it really depends on my mood. During a recent road trip, I listened to Tricky, Portishead, BT and then decided to switch to Seal and Rob Zombie.

The problem with electronic music is that most Americans never hear it outside of clubs, so it'll always be a niche product. Plus as someone else mentioned earlier, guys with keyboards and turntables will never have the same U.S. appeal as guys with guitars...although somehow that doesn't apply to rappers.

As far as electronic music is concerned, I tend to skew more to the downtempo side: Thievery Corporation (great live show), Portishead, Tricky, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Zero 7 with a little drum & bass (Roni Size) and a few other genres thrown in there.

You are right on what you said tonerobe. To inform a little on music they play at clubs. Clubs play music for hours upon hours because nobody is going to show up for a 4-5 minute song and leave. Songs from electronic music genres aren't hours long. Some songs span the same general 2-7 minute time frame like most other genres. What you do hear at clubs is called a mix(which can be how many hours long depending on the DJ or whoever.)
Being repeative doesn't have any thing to do with the quality of the music and keyboards, turntables and synthesizers are all instruments the last time I check.