• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Does anyone likes techno music?

not really my thing...i cant really take the same beat going over and over again for like 1 hour

A lot of people have yet to actually hear "real" techno and industrial music. They might here what some of the mainstream sources throw at us. There are a lot of great acts out there that go unheard.

A lot of people have yet to actually hear "real" techno and industrial music. They might here what some of the mainstream sources throw at us. There are a lot of great acts out there that go unheard.

I think this comment is right on the money. That's why it's useful to know someone who is HEAVY into techno. They can suggest stuff for you to try out. Plus, this thread has given me a couple of ideas for things I'd like to check out.:)

Ok here are some examples:

Crystal Method(Popular I know)
Velvet Acid Christ
Hauljobb
Wumpscut
Suicide Commando
Celldweller
Aryia
The Retrosic(A fav of mine)
Aphex Twin
Juno Reactor

Just saying a few.....

In Scotland our big dance band at the moment is Slam,who have been going for years.Their record label site is www.somarecords.com I believe they did Daft Punk's 1st album is anyones interested....in the undergorund :D

ah, but do you remember tartan techno , like scott brown ( "now is the time" :D ), ultrasonic & < a bit more cheesy > TTF
- the kinda stuff they used to have at the FUBAR all-nighters 10-15 years ago

memories eh

Last edited:

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
ah, but do you remember tartan techno , like scott brown ( "now is the time" :D ), ultrasonic & < a bit more cheesy > TTF
- the kinda stuff they used to have at the FUBAR all-nighters 10-15 years ago

memories eh

Yep those were the dayz :D I went to a couple of Rezerection's at Ingliston.I never went to the Fubar myself but there was this place in East Calder called the Bunker,of course you had Hanger21 in Saltcoats and Nosebleed in Rosyth

But my best DJs at that time were Lenny Dee (American) and then Neophyte (Dutch)...totally bonkers.My name actually comes from a Scots act called Tartanterrier who done a number called "Ravedog".I think my best act were Dance Overdose and "Wake up the Overdose" was magic.Is still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up still.

Of course I've mellowed out a bit since then but I still have a listen to it,now and again :D

Just resurrecting this old thread. :)

Anyway, people who know their electronic music... Last night I went to see Armin Van Buuren, Sander Van Doorn, Judge Jules, Lady Dana, Richard Durand, Marco V, Mallorca Lee. It was fucking unreal! Every one of them blew the roof off. 7pm-3am, raving non-stop.

Come on, you Dutch guys (FreeOnes?) have got to like techno/trance/electronica. You have the best DJ's in the world coming out of your country!

underground resisance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVhB7vjXcRA
derrick carter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GumnJcJa1jg
808 state
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUDXw79O13g
plaid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDDnuZAL9ps
metamatics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVT15rFP0yI

actually, techno is very popular in the usa, maybe you just don't see it.
detroit, chicago, sanfrancisco, nyc, etc. go to any big city and you'll find it's alive and well.

i guess i'll post more artists soon. a lot of it is very entertaining.

Depends on whether you're referring to the subgenre of electronic music called "Techno" (sometimes also called Detroit Tech, hardhouse, etc.), or whether you're giving electronic music as a whole the misnomer of "Techno."

Either way, I love electronic music, but I don't care much for "Techno" (the subgenre).

I happen to also be a producer of drum 'n' bass, another subgenre of electronic music quite popular in Europe (and quite a bit more intelligently produced than "Techno"). If anyone's interested in hearing some of my work, PM me and I'd be happy to hook you up (no, not filesharing- all free, uncopyrighted stuff of my own design- I just don't want to spam the board with unwelcome links).

I think a lot of it has to do with drug culture here. People associate it with a certain kind of drug, scene, lifestyle, etc. and don't give it a chance. Most of the time people don't realize what they hear on the radio isn't really techno..it's just shitty club music. I like real techno music, but you have to wade through a lot of crappier artists to get to the good stuff. I guess people just don't have that much patience. What techno artists do you like?
Well said. A lot of so-called "raves" here in the US are really just overpaid club DJs spinning tracks they got from file-sharing networks, played far too loud through the speakers over the heads of a bunch of glowstick-carrying 20-somethings on exstacy. Although I was guilty of going to just such raves when I was younger (sans drugs), lol. :o

I enjoy techno because I love instrumentals, period. I've often found music sounds better without vocals; you're not distracted by trying to figure out what the words mean, and can focus on all the unique sounds meshing together.

Some of the best stuff I've heard I don't even know the artist and title. Which makes asking about it rather difficult, lol. But yeah I enjoy it sometimes.