• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Does anyone likes techno music?

Paul oakenfold - Ready Stedy go is a quality tune in my book

Even though i like rock/indie. Electro music is kinda cool for me as well

Oakenfold has some pretty awesome stuff.

I like techno. It's probably one of the few genres of music I can say I like in generalized terms. I was in Estonia twice, once for about 4 months and there was club called Atlantis where I was that played nothing but techno and it was so awesome. I couldn't help but dance... and I can't dance worth a shit but it just moves me... it has that much influence for me.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I'm fond of Industrial. (VNV Nation, Nine Inch Nails every so often, Apoptygma Bezerk)

Trance just sucks, IMO. It's perfectly good for 'zoning out' to. At least to my GF who puts it on and forgets its going. Annoying me somewhat because I can filter out about as much as tryin' a creek for gold using an ABACUS! In other words I actually hear the repetition.

I dont really care for the mainstream stuff.. which could be called techno solely in that it's either Techno or Club.

Acid Jazz is an excellent counterpoint against the techno scene.. because it reverses what I'd like to think is the "Ratio". Most techno has repetitious beats and little melody. Acid Jazz seems to have endless good melodies but still more of a beat than youll find Count Basie or Miles Davis puttin' into their jazz. Jamiroquai, Tosca, The Brand New Heavies..

Electronica? Nah. It's not the 80s and synthesizers are everywhere already. Keep yer electronics to yourself or return 'em to Radio Shack.

Club Music? Only if you're tipsy, high as f!ck and dancing in a skimpy shirt in a gay club. As if the music genre was mislabeled, or something and actually had to be explained. :shrug:

Hannibal King: She's making playlists. She likes to listen to MP3s when she hunts. It's like her own internal soundtrack. House, dance, trip-hop, whatever kids listen to these days. Me, I'm more of a David Hasselhof fan. ~Blade:Trinity

i hope you all realise Prodigy are techno, and if you think Prodigy are shit... Well, you may as well stop living. :2 cents:

Too right man - the Prodigy were shit hot :thumbsup:

also Daft Punk mentioned are quality - i also like a bit of acid jazz too Torre, a good scene in the UK also with djs like the legend Giles Peterson

Actually the whole techno / electronica / rave scene is going through a revival in the UK at the mo - it's a bit sketchy for me coz i liked it, albeit as a young fella, the first time round

was at a cracking electronica gig last night actually, The Presets - an Australian duo, they are on the same label as The Avalanches - the place was packed, loads of young folk dressed a bit weird & waving the glow sticks

check them out on myspace or their website if you like melodic but dark and very banging house music :D

i cant stand most of it but there are some good songs out there if you get past all the shite lol

prefer guitar rock. but bands liek the prodigy are good coz their kinda half and half

wow some of the hilarious narrow minded bullshit coming from people in here is terrible. beats all the generic shit metal, who's the best guitarist ever x6948594 threads knocking about.

MRPIMPN4EVA

Banned
I see that in America isn't very popular! why?:nanner: :hatsoff:

Maybe because the DEA has shut down all the major techno clubs and rave get2gether spots in the past decade.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
that wasn't a swipe at all metal. just some of the awful stuff that is so commonly discussed and kicked to death.

Ok i'll agree. But there is also a lot of other types of music, including techno and other kinds of electronic music, which are also generic and lame.

That's why i think it's important to keep an open mind about all kinds of music.

I'm a rocker to the bone, but i also listen to hiphop/country/blues/jazz/electronic. Shit, i even catch myself bobbing my head to Girls Aloud if it comes on at work :1orglaugh

Philbert

Banned
Electronica? Nah. It's not the 80s and synthesizers are everywhere already. Keep yer electronics to yourself or return 'em to Radio Shack.

Club Music? Only if you're tipsy, high as f!ck and dancing in a skimpy shirt in a gay club. As if the music genre was mislabeled, or something and actually had to be explained. :shrug:

Another chest thumping I'm the only cool guy here statement, right in my face insult.
I don't know what the difference is between Techo and Electronica, not something I spent a lot of time learning about or worrying about...which is why I asked my question. If someone can spare the few seconds to answer me, I'd say thank you for the favor.
I don't need a "you're not cool like me reply", if I knew the difference I wouldn't have asked.
That makes no sense; "mislabeled"? If I want to know the difference, I need to find out, and the best way is to ask someone who knows to tell me.
It doesn't have to be explained, any more than anal shots or creampies have to be explained, but since we are all sharing online for fun why not tell me what you can?
If you feel so above it all, post where you feel needed, don't give me that I'm so superior crap, it doesn't look good on you.
Thanks to all the secure people who took the time to discuss the genre, and allow me to learn a little something new I didn't know before.

BTW, I don't have a fishnet shirt, I'm not gay, and I sometimes listen to electronic music; I have had a good time here and there dancing in a club with the lights and everything; not my lifestyle, but fun when I did it.
Straight or high, fun is fun.
:2 cents:

dave-rhino...I liked your post, I do the same. My personal fav is classic Bluegrass and hard rock, but from there I like this and that (Sade, Tracy Chapman, Dylan, REM, Depeche Mode, Clash,Zepplin, etc. I have been known to zone out on Classical and the Blues, as well).:thumbsup:

YES!!! I have been listening to groups like Lords of Acid and Prodigy since they came out, too bad they dont make music anymore, least, none that I've heard. Recently got into the Trance thing, love the stuff. Itunes has 6 different sets called 50 trance tunes, for 10 bucks each. Thats 300 trance/electronica songs for 60 bucks...about half of them are really good stuff.
Now before you all go and bash me for it, I also am a head-banger:fight: , hillbilly, opera and all other forms of music lover. I have been listening to alot of Euro-metal recently, Firewind, Hammerfall, Statosphere, Edguy, Silent Force, Freedom Call, Dream evil, etc.

People need to open up to all forms of music, there is lots to enjoy!

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
I only like 1 techno song...well i think its techno.

The Immortals - Mortal Kombat

I like some techno music...although I admit to know little about the genre...
My favorite artists are Fluke, Junkie XL, and prodigy. For some reason I usually only like their tracks that have lyrics.:rolleyes:

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
I like all forms of music myself and there's some Techno & House music I really like as well.

I think the reason why it's not popular in the US is because the best Techno DJs like Jeff Mills,Kevin Saunderson,Derrick May,Juan Athkins,Carl Craig and Octave One etc (Who are American) get a bigger market from Europe and Asia (especially in Japan) Most of the stuff that gets played in the US is Trance (Paul Van Dyk and Tiesto),which seems to be popular there at the moment but I would think from only a few years ago.When I was in San Francisco earlier this year I was pretty dissapointed that they weren't selling US stuff from their homegrown talent in the mainstream stores.I would've probally found it eventually in some corner store of obcursity,but I didn't have enough time to.

They seem to sell quite a lot of techno in Canada though.But I guess it's just like Soccer...it just aint the yanks cup of tea....or coffee.

I'll probally find of lot of it,when I go to Germany in a couple of months as those American DJs that I've just mentioned play there quite a lot :D

In Scotland our big dance band at the moment is Slam,who have been going for years.Their record label site is www.somarecords.com I believe they did Daft Punk's 1st album is anyones interested....in the undergorund :D

I don't mind techno / electrica / industrial. Sometimes it helps a film, the 10 minute track that plays in the vampire club in BLADE, the score in MORTAL KOMBAT and I liked Traci Lords' CD 1000 Fires.

Gary Numan, Trent Reznor, Cocteau Twins (?), timandandy, Fatboy Slim, Crystal Method, good stuff.