• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Does anyone likes techno music?

S

sputnikgirl

I think a lot of it has to do with drug culture here. People associate it with a certain kind of drug, scene, lifestyle, etc. and don't give it a chance. Most of the time people don't realize what they hear on the radio isn't really techno..it's just shitty club music. I like real techno music, but you have to wade through a lot of crappier artists to get to the good stuff. I guess people just don't have that much patience. What techno artists do you like?

Most of the time people don't realize what they hear on the radio isn't really techno..it's just shitty club music. I like real techno music, but you have to wade through a lot of crappier artists to get to the good stuff. I guess people just don't have that much patience.

Exactly. Every good song i come across means i would probably have to sit through half an hour to an hour's worth of rubbish.But if the track is really good it's worth it.

no offense but i cant stand to listen to the shit.

Techno and trance just doesn't make sense to me.

BNF

Ex-SuperMod
From my experience living in the US: I don't think that techno has ever escaped the "euro trash" status in the US.

I think that it is (in fact, correctly) related with men in fishnet shirts and PVC short-shorts.

I really thought that all of this was over a decade ago...

bigbadbrody

Banned
I like Techno and I am from Canada, don't listen to the silly American. They don't know what they are talking about when they say that techno is bad music. But, we all are free to have our own opinions.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
i wouldnt go as far as saying its shit, its for certain environments and thats the end of it. it works when youre fucked up and tripping out. if youre not doing that, then its probably going to be noise, unless youre really really into it.

i dont listen to it, but in the right environment, it wouldnt bother me. i like atmosphere, some of it isnt THAT bad. but then again, a lot of it just sucks.

I like Techno and I am from Canada, don't listen to the silly American. They don't know what they are talking about when they say that techno is bad music. But, we all are free to have our own opinions.

Techno is not Music at all...

I hate it.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
I like Techno and I am from Canada, don't listen to the silly American.

I wish canada could split off from America and join europe. One can always wish.

I like techno, but only in the right situation. I wouldn't sit at home and listen, but if i was at a rave and in a dancing mood, hell yeah.

i hope you all realise Prodigy are techno, and if you think Prodigy are shit... Well, you may as well stop living. :2 cents:

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
I wish canada could split off from America and join europe. One can always wish.

I like techno, but only in the right situation. I wouldn't sit at home and listen, but if i was at a rave and in a dancing mood, hell yeah.

i hope you all realise Prodigy are techno, and if you think Prodigy are shit... Well, you may as well stop living. :2 cents:

if canada floats over to you guys, i wont be able to move there. i dont fly.

Philbert

Banned
Are Techno and Electronica different in any real way?
I don't know exactly what the genre is, but I sometimes like to listen to the XM station Chill (electronica).
I can make up my own mind what I like to listen to; but I don't know the differences in electronic music.

i think American's (like me) tend to like old school. especially in the rock genre, go to live concert and get down in the pit and get caught in a mosh, at least thats me. Punk and stuff theres a group of guys/girls with guitars and drums playing free and they're loving the physicality of it and the live croud is going crazy. Compared to a dude plunking on a key board, two turn tables of a microphone...give this American some head bang Rock and Roll! Plus I can't fuck to techno, I don't know about you.

bigbadbrody

Banned
Techno is not Music at all...

I hate it.

Please, if you don't have anything nice to say, please don't post anything at all

Sticks and stones will break my bones...

You would have to wait until we got rid of Quebec before we would join Europe:rofl:

I like techno, but only in the right situation.

Exactly

if canada floats over to you guys, i wont be able to move there. i dont fly.

Just make sure you move to the right part of the country. Some parts are very dull and boring or are Quebec:rofl:

BTW... You could always take a boat

Here is a little something for all of you Techno Bashers

Benny Bennasi - Satisfaction
http://youtube.com/watch?v=06tvsGxaZVc

Daft Punk - Around The World
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FMpsnDxNbqQ

Paul Okenfold - Ready Steady Go
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aaVtjGfpmlo

Paul Van Dyk - Nothing But You
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_kTAnnimhy0

Paul Van Dyk - Crush
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qDKLVxsPu7g