• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords shot in head

DrSoles

Ph.D in Female Solesiology
From what I have seen and heard, I think you are correct. These people do not want civility, they want open season on what they consider to be their mortal enemies.:2 cents:

The sad reality is that most politicians on both side are only concerned about scoring points for their own political party. The Left wanted this person to be a Tea Bagger because it helps makes their case that the Tea Party, Republicans, Conservatives, Talk Radio, and Fox News are a bunch of violent, racist, gun slinging, red necks, etc.... Now if the suspect ended up being an illegal immigrant, then the Right would have exploited the situation to prove how correct Arizona was in enforcing its immigration policy. But then again, the Left would have counteracted would blame Republicans for lax gun laws and others will say that this "illegal immigrant" is part of a larger conspiracy made up by the Republicans, and so on and so on and so on.

The sad reality is that most politicians on both side are only concerned about scoring points for their own political party. The Left wanted this person to be a Tea Bagger because it helps makes their case that the Tea Party, Republicans, Conservatives, Talk Radio, and Fox News are a bunch of violent, racist, gun slinging, red necks, etc.... Now if the suspect ended up being an illegal immigrant, then the Right would have exploited the situation to prove how correct Arizona was in enforcing its immigration policy. But then again, the Left would have counteracted would blame Republicans for lax gun laws and others will say that this "illegal immigrant" is part of a larger conspiracy made up by the Republicans, and so on and so on and so on.

Probably correct on that one. The problem is this: The news media is supposed to report FACTS. They reported that the shooter was a Tea Partier and a Plain supporter before he was even ID'd. THAT is unacceptable. If FoxNews would have done something similar, the outcry would have been deafening. Instead, not ONE media member has said anything critical about the way this story was editorialized from the outset. And the elitist media wonders why so many people don't trust it anymore....

Jon S.

Banned
The fact of the matter is that the media today is more concerned about ratings, turning a profit, and being the first to break a story than they are about being correct (and actually having journalistic integrity like they used to have in the "good old days")! That is why so many outlets pass off opinion & conjecture as being HARD NEWS! That is why all outlets (including Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC) reported that Congresswoman Giffords had died.....when she hadn't! Now in fairness, one of the networks had incorrectly reported that Reagan had died when he was shot back in '81, but it is hard to ignore the fact that it has DEFINITELY gotten worse in recent years! Where the news media used to be a protector of the public trust.......today it is no different than any other ENTERTAINMENT division!

About the shooter though........REMEMBER, one need not be a member of the "party" to be able to get the "message"!

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
They said Rep Giffords opened both of her eyes, and she moved both of her arms and legs, and she is responding to family and friends. Her doctors have called it a "major milestone" in her recovery. "We're hoping that she crosses through many more," said her neurosurgeon, Dr. Michael Lemole.

And today, thousands made it to the funeral of the little girl nine year old Christina Taylor Green.

pete [B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/rose said:
Rose[/URL][/B], post: 5306463, member: 380567"]You've said this about 15 billion times now.

:surprise:

According to Ron Paul:

“The Second Amendment is not about hunting deer or keeping a pistol in your nightstand,” the Texas Republican declared in 2006. “It is not about protecting oneself against common criminals. It is about preventing tyranny. The Founders knew that unarmed citizens would never be able to overthrow a tyrannical government as they did. ... The muskets they used against the British army were the assault rifles of that time.”

http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/81381/tucson-shooting-rhetoric-ron-paul

Jon S.

Banned
ron paul be right on that one, it was a way of preventing a new king george

And that is why "they" asked and wanted George Washington to become the 1st King of the United States (literally the new King George) to which he declined......then they basically wanted him to be President for life.....to which he personally decided to step aside after 2 terms!

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
According to Ron Paul:

“The Second Amendment is not about hunting deer or keeping a pistol in your nightstand,” the Texas Republican declared in 2006. “It is not about protecting oneself against common criminals. It is about preventing tyranny. The Founders knew that unarmed citizens would never be able to overthrow a tyrannical government as they did. ... The muskets they used against the British army were the assault rifles of that time.”

http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/81381/tucson-shooting-rhetoric-ron-paul

That's why I voted for him. An unarmed populace, are not citizens, they are subjects.

emceeemcee

Banned
It's ironic to the extreme that everyone whining about Sarah Palin and "incendiary rhetoric" were the same people calling for the death of George Bush a few short years ago.

I could be wrong, I don't remember hearing Democratic politicians, their media shills and their supporters calling for his death?

Besides, apples and oranges. Bush got a lot of people killed. Usually you execute people in your country for murder don't you?

I suggest a lot of people need to stop, take a step back, and THINK about what you're all about here. THINK, not feel your way to an objective analysis of what is and isn't reality, because it seems to me people have abandoned reason and objectivity in what appears to be an attempt at heightening the tensions in a political environment you claim to abhor, and by doing so are merely using tactics that you decry.

But you just tried to make a political point by saying his favorite book was the communist manifesto.....either he was politically motivated or he wasn't.

Trying to paint this as some kind of random attack is obviously rediculous. The politician in question was singled out, using violent symbolism, by anti-government politicians and media demagogues who constantly reference violent overthrow as a legitimate means and then along comes a nut who embraced those same views.

If that's all just a coincidence then it's a pretty big one.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
The ones who are full hate, extremism, and want to incite violence are on the left and of liberal thought. This was completely proved by what happened this past weekend and following the event all week long.

so your proof is what a conservative media analysis thinktank founded by leo brent bozell III (a fairly well known conservative) has to say...how could they ever have bias? i noticed that in the article all the people referred to are political commentators not politicians, except for the bring a knife to a gunfight reference by obama...eh...both sides are so full of shit and fuck ups that neither has a leg to stand on when it comes to accusing the other of spitting vitriol or running the country poorly

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
so your proof is what a conservative media analysis thinktank founded by leo brent bozell III (a fairly well known conservative) has to say...how could they ever have bias? i noticed that in the article all the people referred to are political commentators not politicians, except for the bring a knife to a gunfight reference by obama...eh...both sides are so full of shit and fuck ups that neither has a leg to stand on when it comes to accusing the other of spitting vitriol or running the country poorly

Where did I say anything about politicians in my previous post? Your fabricating cause I didn't point out any specific groups, so stop putting words in my mouth. The left involves many including the media, some in Hollywood, professors, common citizens, and yes politicians. The left gets away with it all the time inciting violence and hate speech but nothing is ever reported about it in the media. But have a conservative say something that is "hurtful" and the media goes ballistic and it's a 24 hour news story.